“Downton Abbey Night”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Downton Abbey Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Arrived 12.15 slightly early as wedding started at 2pm. The outside had a tudor look to it and inside I believe Edwardian. Lovely big open fire place and high ceilings and an elegant feel with cosy sofas. We asked if our room was ready as it does say rooms from 2pm and to our delight it was. I think we had a twin room number 18. The room was lush. The bed felt comfortable and the scenery looking through the window enchanting. We got changed for the wedding, the room felt a little hot but the standing fan worked efficiently.
Downstairs I ordered a sandwich as we were not due to eat until 4pm and a little pricey at £8 but worth the treat. The staff are friendly and nothing seems too much trouble.
The wedding room was nice and the bride with her big smile would enhance any such room. It was a civil service not too long or short. The light refreshment after were a surprise and plenty of choice.
The reception room was also lovely and the table layout nicely presented. The meal again was appertizing and we all had a chuckle on our table with the bird cages and perhaps the wine helped too.
Later we popped up to change for the evening do but not long as my friend suggested as she didn't wish to miss anything. The dj was good plenty of variety of music and he did help make the special couple enjoy themselves and encourage the guests to dance too.
The food again was sufficient I had eaten enough really but those bacon buttys were hard to resist trying one and a couple of chips. The sausage ones also looked nice and desserts.
I had a cosy night sleep and it was a treat to have a tv in the bedroom and no kids to change the channel. Good job the fan was working!
Next day I had a shower and I do like their bathrooms. Breakfast was from 8 and I was glad as I wish to depart promptly for the rugby match in Wrexham.
Whilst I was waiting for my friend to finish off the receptionist or manager went on to tell me about the history and how alot of people whom have met there went on and got married at the venue. I secretly hoped my friend may of met someone special too but I am not sure how that has worked out. Shame as I can't help but feel the magic here as the place feels full of charm, character and romance just like watching Downton Abbey.
Next time I hope to go there with my family and enjoy the lovley grounds they have and I believe my partner would like the course fishing. A treat perhaps or they do lovely afternoon teas that I must try soon.

Room Tip: I heard they have a double room called cosy sound interesting.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hi Carol J
What a wonderful revue! Sounds like you and your friend had a lovely time - I love your description of the hotel as having 'magic, charm, character and romance'.
Do come back and see us again soon and we'll sort your partner out with a fishing permit fo our wonderful lake.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the summer and what a gem. A real beauty lovely clean and comfortable rooms The location is very picturesque and peaceful The staff are very helpful. We would recommend this hotel. In fact we are planning a family get together over Christmas and we have suggested to people travelling that this is the place to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thanks for the lovely review, Terry P. We'll be sure to look after your family if they visit over Christmas - check out the Christmas brochure online for some fantastic Christmas accommodation offers they might enjoy.
Twickenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I are regular visitors to this hotel, particularly on their Sunday night dine and stays.
We have noticed a steady decline in the quality of the food served on these nights over the past year that possibly coincides with the arrival of their latest head chef.
On our last stay the food was of such poor quality that we could not finish the main course and the serving staff were no the least bit interested in our comments.
Sadly this has put us off staying here again, although we really like the hotel, the rooms and the extensive grounds.

1 Thank MadKevLondonUK
Hi MadKevLondonUK
I'm so sorry that on this occasion we have failed to live up to your expectations, as we value our returning customers very highly and hate to find we've disapointed someone. Whilst I am surprised that you have experienced a problem with the food (overall the feedback we receive is excellent), we are very aware that even the best of chefs can have an off day, and if this was the case we are truly sorry. Perhaps you could get in touch with me at the hotel and we can find out what went wrong, with a view to hopefully 'wowing' you in the future!
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Really lovely afternoon tea.

Excellent, helpful and friendly service. Lovely selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones and teas.
Lovely relaxed setting and grounds.

Thankyou for a nice treat on a Sunday afternoon!

• Stayed October 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Hi Suzannah198
So glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. We've got a gorgeous Festive afternoon tea in the christmas brochure - fire lit, lights twinkling - it's magic! Why not pop back and see us again then?
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Oh yes indeedy.
What a great place. This charming manor house reminded us of a setting for Cluedo. Our room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom towels were soft and fluffy. Plenty of shower gel etc, hot drinks tray with bottled water and biscuits, iron/ironing board and a safe in the wardrobe. Lovely meal in the evening in the Burton Suite to celebrate our friends 10th wedding anniversary and plenty of choice at breakfast. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful and the service was top notch. One night was not really enough so we plan to go back as soon as we can.

1 Thank OwdMiner
Hi Owd Miner
What a lovely review! I do hope you are able to come back and see us again soon. We have a lovely twixmas break and a brilliant Festive Wine, Dine and Stay offer - both in the Christmas brochure and on our website - maybe these would make a brilliant excuse for a return visit?
shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

we had an overnight here just last night and ate in the restaurant that evening. Our arrival was impressive for the service from the reception as I was worried that there would be noise from the extractor outside our window, we were immediately offered other rooms but also assured that the extraction system would be off from about 10.30 until 7am, so we stayed put as we liked the room. The sherry and cake on arrival is a nice touch.
The room and bathroom were extremely clean and comfortable, I have to say it's the first time we've ever had a fire exit out of a bathroom window! I checked, I could get out!
The lounge area is comfortable and has free wifi. Our evening meal was very good, I had crayfish tails and my husband the asparagus, we followed this with the special offer of ribeye steak, both were cooked exactly as requested, rare and mid rare. The cheese board was generous and the service and wine excellent.
We had a problem with service at breakfast although the breakfast itself was good, my scrambled eggs and smoked salmon one of the best I've had in any hotel. As the service was so poor at breakfast I completed the feed back form to reflect this. This evening, the hotel's food and beverage manger found time to telephone me to ask about the breakfast service issues and to discuss these. This is a sign of very good management and excellent customer service. Well done Inglewood, we will be back!

Hi toniShanghai
Thanks for your lovely review, and especially for letting us know, at the time, that we had missed a trick - it's so much easier to correct service issues when we know about them straight away! Do come back and see us again soon.
Oakham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed on the Sunday night special offer, accommodation & 3 course meal £99. Exceptional value for money!!
The staff were absolutely superb, the meal was great and the room very comfortable.
The girl on check out asked us where we going on the Monday and when we told her we were going to the shopping outlet, she told us to show our invoice at the information point to get an extra 10% discount in some of the stores.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Suzanne C
I'm so pleased you enjoyed our Wine, Dine and Stay deal - it's a fantastic offer isn't it? Especially as it also includes a bottle of wine and full English breakfast.
We can also offer reduced price tickets for Chester Zoo, the Blue Planet Aquarium and Ness Gardens - so plenty to see and do on your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,020 reviews

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!