“good but could have done better”
Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Reviewed 26 November 2013

just back after a three night stay at inglewood manor we arrived on friday evening the hotel was very nice but when we went up to our room it was chilly we through the radiator had been turned down we went down to eat the food was very good we went back to our room it was just has cold there was an air lock in the radiater being it was late i did not report it till saturday when we where going out when we came back it was just the same so i reported again still nothing done i think they where more interested in the wedding that was going on so we spent a second cold night when we went down for breakfast on sunday i reported again finally somebody did something about it they put a fan heater in our room they nether offered us another room apart from this poor service everything was good

Room Tip: check the heatings working
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hi Ward 47
I am so sorry that we were unable to sort out the heating issue you had during your stay - it is incredibly frustrating to think that we came so close to getting everything right and let ourselves down over something like this. I will double check all our maintenance reporting to ensure something like this does not occur again, but I do hope that this will not put you off another visit to Inglewood, and if you do pop back, do let me know in advance and we can go all out to ensure complete perfection!

There are newer reviews for Inglewood Manor

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We got married here on Saturday and it was the most perfect, magical day.
The hotel was stunning - the grounds were amazing, inside was perfect with a roaring fire and a lovely cosy feeling.
Every single member of staff were so friendly - from Kim the wedding co-ordinator to all the staff there on the day.
The bedrooms were spacious with lovely decor & every single one of our friends and family who stayed here loved it too
Cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Oh my goodness, SummerGill, it sounds like you had the most wonderful time! Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review, we are always delighted to have given our guests some memories they can treasure forever. I will pass your kind words on to the whole team, and do come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Beautiful setting for our friend's wedding. The hotel is so picturesque, lots of original touches and wonderful grounds.
Our room overloooked the back of the hotel across the fields, and the views were stunning. The room itself was large and comfortable and we wanted for nothing.
As a wedding venue I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it - the room for the wedding comfortably held 90 people. Perhaps one criticism was that the wedding breakfast had to be held in two rooms because the main room wasn't big enough, but both rooms were opened fully so we could hear and see what was going on, although it did feel a little remote.
The food, both for the wedding, and breakfast the following morning was delicious and plenty of it (hint - warm the plates!)
All in all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and I would stay there again.
Lovely!

Room Tip: We had room 22 which overlooked the grounds at the back of the hotel rather than the car park.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Kevmul 16
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You're not too far away, so why not take advantage of some of our wonderful deals and offers, and pop back and see us again soon?

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The rooms have been tastefully decorated and are very clean. We didn't enjoy the food in the restaurant, the quality of food and cooking is very poor, I could'nt eat my meal as most of it was out of a tin and I suspect the meat was off. Also the management staff made a very uncomfortable atmosphere by overly bossing the staff in front of us, even so they were very helpful, pleasant and professional.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hi Julia W
First of all, many thanks for taking the trouble to leave a review for us, and many thanks for your lovely comments about the decor and cleanliness of our bedrooms, I will pass your feedback on to the housekeeping team.

With regards to your experience in the restaurant, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your meal, however your suspicion that the meat was off is entirely incorrect as is your assertion that most of your meal was out of a tin. All of our food meets the most rigorous of hygiene standards - we have a 5 star rating for our kitchens and food storage areas and our very professional team of chefs would not dream of serving food that was not absolutely fresh and of the highest quality. Our chefs are highly trained, and with some very specific exceptions (baked beans for example), no food served on the premises is the result of them being a dab hand with a tin-opener.

On a separate note, I am sorry you found the manager bossy, but delighted that the staff you encountered were so helpful, pleasant and professional and I will pass on these comments to the team.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here for a Wedding in October. Luckily booked it quickly as other guests had to stay at the Premier Inn down the road.

Easy to find down a narrow country lane, lovely long drive-way up to the manor. We parked at the front but they do have extra places around the back.

Check-in was quick and easy, staff member Emma (I hope I remember that correctly) who was very polite and helpful, unfortunately couldn't give us late check-out which we always get at hotels due to pure laziness, but with a valid reason of there being another wedding the following day.

Room: Booked an Executive Room (if you see the hotel website it the first picture on the right when on the room types page) Unfortunately the four-poster bed picture next to the Executive Room description was the bridal suite for the night.

We left the roaring fire by reception to go up the grand staircase (great for photos!) to our room (Room No.1, we later gloated to the couple). Now what happened next could have made this experience awful and if not for Emma I would have given this a Poor Rating.

As we entered the room we were pleasantly surprised, large king bed which was very comfortable (sheets however looked as though someone had already dived on the bed before we had), huge bay windows overlooking the flower bedded grounds, large flat screen TV with good channels, large wardrobe with iron, tea/coffee/hot chocolate facilities and biscuits. Large dressing table with hair dryer.

We decided to open the free water and chocolates but noticed there was only one glass, we found the other by the bed with an empty bottle of wine. We thought they may have missed this and so he went down to reception for a clean glass. I then noticed a dressing gown on the side of the sofa, I asked if he had already taken this out of the closet but he hadn't. It had a lovely long blonde hair on it so we thought the cleaner hadn't done a good job....until we opened the bathroom door, towels all over the floor and the other dressing gown, the room hadn't been cleaned at all!

Emma at reception immediately came up to our room and apologised, she asked if we could go to the bar for some complimentary drinks while she dealt with the room, we agreed. I honestly thought she was the manager, or at least the assistant manager as she dealt with the situation wonderfully. At the bar the actual manager appeared and wasn't, in my opinion, any good. She didn't come near us nor apologised just casually asked if we were both ok, the room wouldn't be too long and to enjoy our stay. It may have been our age (early twenties) that she felt that she could speak to us in a relaxed manor as if we didn't mind.

Anyway the room was immaculate, in the end. The bathroom was lovely, they have kept the decor modern but still in-keeping with the manors old style.

If you are not staying here for a wedding make sure there isn't one during your stay as you will have no sleep. We could hear the celebrations, and the singer as though they were all outside the door.

The bar prices were reasonable. The younger bar staff were a lot more polite than the older blonde who slammed your glass down in front of you. Food was excellent. The wedding itself made it for us as it was beautifully designed, great atmosphere with plenty of room to mingle. The bar closed at roughly 12.30am for all the non-guests to leave however it then reopened for guests (charged to the room only).

We missed breakfast (finished at 10am) due to having to be out of the room by 11am after not even entering it until 3am, so a shower took priority.

On your way there or home its only about 15-20min drive to Cheshire Oaks Retail Park, Cinema, Blue Planet. And maybe around 30min drive to Chester Zoo.

I would stay here again and recommend it as a venue.

Room Tip: Room No.1 Executive Room but not a four poster bed
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much, Purplebeach5, for this lovely and really comprehensive review, I will pass on all your feedback to Emma, as she obviously did a great job at sorting out what could have been a serious issue. It is never nice to know you've got something wrong, but brilliant when you get the chance to put it right! Do come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Arrived 12.15 slightly early as wedding started at 2pm. The outside had a tudor look to it and inside I believe Edwardian. Lovely big open fire place and high ceilings and an elegant feel with cosy sofas. We asked if our room was ready as it does say rooms from 2pm and to our delight it was. I think we had a twin room number 18. The room was lush. The bed felt comfortable and the scenery looking through the window enchanting. We got changed for the wedding, the room felt a little hot but the standing fan worked efficiently.
Downstairs I ordered a sandwich as we were not due to eat until 4pm and a little pricey at £8 but worth the treat. The staff are friendly and nothing seems too much trouble.
The wedding room was nice and the bride with her big smile would enhance any such room. It was a civil service not too long or short. The light refreshment after were a surprise and plenty of choice.
The reception room was also lovely and the table layout nicely presented. The meal again was appertizing and we all had a chuckle on our table with the bird cages and perhaps the wine helped too.
Later we popped up to change for the evening do but not long as my friend suggested as she didn't wish to miss anything. The dj was good plenty of variety of music and he did help make the special couple enjoy themselves and encourage the guests to dance too.
The food again was sufficient I had eaten enough really but those bacon buttys were hard to resist trying one and a couple of chips. The sausage ones also looked nice and desserts.
I had a cosy night sleep and it was a treat to have a tv in the bedroom and no kids to change the channel. Good job the fan was working!
Next day I had a shower and I do like their bathrooms. Breakfast was from 8 and I was glad as I wish to depart promptly for the rugby match in Wrexham.
Whilst I was waiting for my friend to finish off the receptionist or manager went on to tell me about the history and how alot of people whom have met there went on and got married at the venue. I secretly hoped my friend may of met someone special too but I am not sure how that has worked out. Shame as I can't help but feel the magic here as the place feels full of charm, character and romance just like watching Downton Abbey.
Next time I hope to go there with my family and enjoy the lovley grounds they have and I believe my partner would like the course fishing. A treat perhaps or they do lovely afternoon teas that I must try soon.

Room Tip: I heard they have a double room called cosy sound interesting.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Carol J
What a wonderful revue! Sounds like you and your friend had a lovely time - I love your description of the hotel as having 'magic, charm, character and romance'.
Do come back and see us again soon and we'll sort your partner out with a fishing permit fo our wonderful lake.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the summer and what a gem. A real beauty lovely clean and comfortable rooms The location is very picturesque and peaceful The staff are very helpful. We would recommend this hotel. In fact we are planning a family get together over Christmas and we have suggested to people travelling that this is the place to stay

• Stayed: August 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thanks for the lovely review, Terry P. We'll be sure to look after your family if they visit over Christmas - check out the Christmas brochure online for some fantastic Christmas accommodation offers they might enjoy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!