Stayed last night in the oak room on a Dinner Bed and Breakfast package that included evening entertainment.
Room was impressive, though a lot of dust on bedside lights and panelling.
Everything was going well, with the sort of relaxed environment that you would expect from a faux country house style hotel such as this, that was until approached in the bar area by the restaurant manager, who informed us that we would be eating dinner at 715pm, when I queried this as had booked for 730 and again had this confirmed when booking in, I was informed that I must have been mistaken, and there was nothing he could do as couldn't we see how busy they were.
The entertainment was suburb, unfortunately the food was not quite up to usual four star standards. With my well cooked beef performing the trick of being served luke warm, but on a red hot plate, served with three soggy barely roasted roast potatoes, and my wife's salmon fillet being of a miserly portion size.
What really ruined the whole experience though was 20 minutes after retiring for the night, we received a knock on our bedroom from a member of staff demanding that we sign for a bottle of wine we had ordered at 7pm that evening, surely there was a more appropriate time for this task to have been completed, than at 11pm!
The breakfast was a poor Buffett affair, let down by un toasted toast, perhaps uncooked by the same chef who didn't get hot beef the night before!
I raised a couple of these concerns with the receptionist in the morning, who agreed that it was unacceptable, however she was happy to take my money, and to date I have had no response from the management, not even an apology.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inglewood Manor is a delightful Edwardian country house nestling in the heart of 38 acres of exquisite grounds. Built in 1915, the Grade 2 listed hotel retains all the charm and warmth of a lavish family home, with elegant rooms, spacious terraces and acres of manicured lawns. All twenty nine luxurious en-suite bedrooms have individual charm and offer glorious views of the grounds. Surrounded by fantastic attractions, with fishing, walking and tennis in the grounds we provide an idyllic retreat. A team of award-winning chefs displays flair and creativity, ensuring every meal is a memorable dining experience, and friendly, responsive staff guarantee the warmest of welcomes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Inglewood Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inglewood Manor Hotel Ledsham
- Inglewood Manor Chester
- Inglewood Manor Hotel Chester
- Inglewood Manor Ledsham, Cheshire, UK