“Beautiful hotel, wonderful food, restaurant service a bit comical. Loved it.”
Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
derbyshire
“Beautiful hotel, wonderful food, restaurant service a bit comical. Loved it.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I would love to give this 5 stars, it is a stunning venue, the food was superb, rooms were very nicely laid out, luxury toiletries and lots of space.
Very friendly staff, most of them helpful.
Just a few downsides, that in some way added character to the stay.

Paper didn't arrive in the morning. The lady on reception let me take their copy, but it's nice to read it in bed.
The restaurant and bar service was quite funny.
Bar...One person serving, another who seemed to be ignoring me, so. I asked him for a wine menu, and got the response "I'm only training, don't know".
Restaurant... I was with my boss, who wasn't staying and had travelled to meet me. We were shown to a lovely table by the window. 5 minutes later, the manager came over, very embarrassed saying that table was already booked and asked us to move, no problem we said, quite impressed that he'd had the courage to say something. Then we started get other people's food delivered to our table, 2 or 3 times. We found it very funny, some of the other people there didn't. I must say though, the food was very nice, wonderfully cooked steak, which is actually not as easy to get as you may think.
Breakfast was just as chaotic. No black pudding, full English, please. Arrived, with the Black Pudding plonked on the top! When I got one without, again no disappointment, beautiful food. Good sign is hash brown cooked to perfection.

What is the issue here? Very inexperienced members of staff in the bar and restaurant. I'm sure the manager will train them up, and it provided an entertaining stay. My boss called it the Faulty Towers experience, he loved it. He was exaggerating.

I found the mattress ok, but not as comfortable as I would expect for a hotel of this standing.

Would I stay again? Absolutely.
Would I recommend it? If you have a sense of humour definitely, you'll enjoy your stay immensely. If you are a silver service stickler for whom everything has to be perfect or you get annoyed, wait a few weeks until they've found experience restaurant staff, or trained them up.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi Derbyshire Bugsy
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, and also your sense of humour regarding the couple of service issues you encountered. Unfortunately, it would appear that you came into contact with a couple of our work experience students from the local high school. We offer places every year, to give young people a taste of what working in a busy hotel would be like - as we ask them to dress for the role, it can be quite hard to differentiate them from the rest of the team. We'll look at badging them up in future, to make them a little more readily identifiable!

I do hope it hasn't put you off visiting us again in the future as we'd love to have you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a business trip and can honestly say it is the best hotel I've stayed in for a long time.

Free wifi with no pesky password, great food, clean and comfortable room, iron and board provided, big fluffy towels, high end toiletries and importantly brilliant staff - without exception.

Have recommended to family and friends and will definitely be back for a longer stay in the future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Elizabeth J
Thanks so much for this lovely review. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you (and perhaps some of your friends and family), back to the hotel very soon. We've got some great deals on the website for the Summer, so keep a look out as there's bound to be one that fits the bill!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend on Saturday night for a relaxing break. The grounds of the hotel are fabulous and we enjoyed drinks on the terrace which were very pleasant.
However, our room was very disappointing. As we entered the small corridor to where our room was it smelt musty. On opening our bedroom door the smell continued.
The bedroom was small,stuffy,cramped with a small very basic bathroom. I have to say this was not the basic room but next level up. There were basic toiletries. No shampoo or conditioner as I would expect from a hotel of this rating.
The bed was extremely uncomfortable and felt like a mattress with a board underneath. The sound insulation between rooms is minimal.
Our evening meal was pleasant enough from a very limited menu but the young man serving us was pleasant mannered and cheerful unlike several of the other staff.
Breakfast was all self service buffet and a small freshly cooked menu. As I'm not a fan of hot food sitting under lamps I would have preferred a freshly cooked breakfast.
Definitely won't be returning .

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saj6
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi Saj6
I am so sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have just had a walk around the building to see if I could identify a musty smell in any of the corridors, but I couldn't track it down - perhaps you could get in touch with us so we can try to identify what might have caused the problem.
With regards to your room I'm sorry that it wasn't to your taste. All our rooms have been refurbished over the last few years (they were completed in 2012), with all the bathrooms in a modern neutral scheme and it is rare that they do not meet guest expectations. Similarly our toiletires, which are all Molton Brown, are normally a source of praise from our guests (we do keep a stock of shampoo and conditioner at reception, but find most guests prefer to use their own). I'm very glad that you enjoyed your dinner, and that your waiter looked after you well - but I'm sorry you did not partake of our buffet breakfast. We only offer a buffet when the hotel is very full, as most guests prefer not to wait for too long for a cooked-to-order breakfast, however the chefs will always try to accommodate a special request so if you do stay with us again, please just let our waiting staff know and they will arrange for your breakfast to be cooked to order.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at Inglewood Manor on the 05/07/14, Booked only a few day's before for an excellent rate due to a cancellation.The hotel is an amazing building with wonderful gardens and if your lucky enough to have a sunny day as we did, there's nothing more relaxing than sitting on the terrace with a glass or two of pimms. The room we stayed in was not very big, but it was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We weren't planning on eating our evening meal in the restaurant but i'm so glad we did, the food was fab and kieran our waiter was lovely. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. I'm already planning a second visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Emma J
I'm so glad you had such a lovely stay with us - it sounds like you really struck lucky with the weather! I'll be sure to pass on your best wishes to Kieran, he's a long standing member of the team and he'll be delighted to be name checked. We've got some splendid accommodation offers available throughout the Summer (just check out our special offers page on the website), so be sure to pop back and see us again soon.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Not actually stayed at this hotel but was disappointed with my experience of visiting it today. Lovely sunny afternoon, my husband and I drove past the hotel to see a large sign inviting people in to enjoy a jug of Pimms on the terrace. Duly pulled in and parked up but upon entering the hotel was refused service due to a wedding...something to do with no staff to serve drinks. Not one to interrupt a wedding we scuttled away....feeling rather embarrassed though, having never been ...all be it politely...ejected from a hotel!! Please please remove your sign if you are not able to cater for non residents on any particular day to avoid any further embarrassment!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Helen N
Hi Helen N
I am so, so sorry that this was your first encounter with Inglewood Manor. As you can see from our other reviews we really do try very hard to make each and every guest exceptionally welcome, and so I am particularly sad that on this occasion that was not your experience. I would very much appreciate you getting in touch with Fiona Creed, the Hotel General Manager, as we would love the opportunity to welcome you back with open arms, very soon!
Surrey
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a fab couple of days here. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating from the moment we arrived. The hotel is a fantastic grade II listed building set in acres of grounds where you are free to roam at your leisure. The food was fantastic too. Nothing to complain about here. Special thanks to Kat, a great host and hotel manager, nothing was ever any trouble!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi kcf_flynn
I'm delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us, and will pass on your lovely comments to Kat and indeed all the team - do come back and see us again soon!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I see that Inglewood had a preview wedding evening tonight which made me realise my own review of this amazing venue was well over due!. We got married on the 17 May this year and I can't recommend the hotel and staff enough. It was only 2nd venue we considered and decided there and then that was where we where going to have our wedding some 18 months in advance. I was so glad that our first instincts delivered everything that we wanted from our day.

In total we had two meeting's with Kim , yes just two!!! the initial look around and then a meeting two weeks before the wedding, that was all that was needed as they are so well organised. Our main reason for choosing the venue apart from the beautiful building and surroundings was that we wanted to get married outside and they have a licence for you to do this on the terrace obviously you have to be blessed with the weather which we where, but it made for a such a special and relaxing day, even my florist said it was the first wedding she had done that she wanted to be invited too!
Every detail was done to perfection and I can't believe I had so many thank you cards and compliments from guests thanking us for such a great day and many people saying it was the best wedding they had been too..... that's including friends that had been to wedding's down the road, no hotel venues mentioned of course but costing 50k plus not a patch on Inglewood manor apparently I am told!
Special mention to Kat and Phil the catering manager who went out of there way on the day to look after us and all our guests. All I can say is whether it is just a stay or a wedding that you book you will not be disappointed in Inglewood Manor, they offer excellent service and value for money no corners cut, they just deliver and meet expectations and that's all you can ask for on your wedding day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Flyaway1977
Wow, it sounds like you had the best day! Thanks so much for leaving such a lovely review and I will pass on your comments to Kim, Kat and Phil as it's always lovely to be name-checked like this.
We'd like to take this opportunity to wish you both every happiness together in the future, and do come back and see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in Childer Thornton
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!