“AWESOME!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Everything about Valentino's is awesome. The staff are helpful and polite, the menus are varied to suit everyone, the meals arrive just at the right time and the venue is perfect. As for the food... The best in the world! The lasagne is just outstanding, there are no words to describe how awesome this place is. My family, friends & I go here on most special occasions, we are never disappointed! Guaranteed perfect meal, thank you to the staff for making this such a lovely place to eat. We will be back very soon! x

P.S. I would love the recipe for the Lasagne!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have been going to Valentinos for years ( and years). It's still the first place we think of for a celebration. So what if it's a bit dated. We always get a great welcome and the food is excellent. I love love love the tornados rossini. Go enjoy, there is no pressure to rush, will be back again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This Italian restaurant needs to be updated. It has the feel that it has not been updated since the fifties. The food was average and the sweets on the sweet trolley, were also old fashioned desserts. The starter plates were removed, my friend got straight up to go to the bathroom and before she had returned the main course was waiting on the table. We finished two courses within 45 mins and we are not fast eaters. Not one I will be revisiting, I am afraid.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Well we have been coming here on & off for many years & it is still the same as ever Fantastic

FIVE STAR

Reviewed 4 October 2013

After visiting this restaurant I sadly have a very negative review to post.
The restaurant itself is in need of a lot of attention and a general update - felt generally grubby and very dated in comparison to other Italian restaurants on the Island.

The toilets are up a few rickety stairs in the corner where everyone can see where you're going and the again the toilets where generally in need of some modernisation.

The food. Well, I'd love to say it was great but compared to a similar restaurant on Ryde seafront this was very poor.

For starter one member of our party had whitebait - it was clearly frozen and then seriously extra deep fried to the point he couldn't get a fork into it!! Served with wilted and dry looking salad - no sauce so very dry.
The pâté was described by one member of the party to be like cat food.
The bread they give out with the meals is clearly kingsmill bread - the seedy loaf. Very poor for the price.
For main meals generally poor, spaghetti Bolognese was salty, the lasagne was sloppy and most members of our party left a fair amount of there meals.
Desserts. Warm cheesecake where it was left out, some weird looking trifle or Italian style gateaux - all poorly presented.
Service was grumpy all round except for one male Italian waiter who was kind.
Will be sticking to other restaurants on the Island in future where you get a great meal, with great presentation and service every time.
I won't be rushing back here, and won't visit again unless I really have too.

2  Thank coffeelover83