“Have always had a lovely stay”

Alvington Manor Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carisbrooke
Alvington Manor Farm
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We have stayed at Alvington Manor Farm B&B for a short break in the autumn for a number of years now and have always found the accommodation very pleasant. The rooms are very large and sunny and are kept very warm and comfortable, plus there are lovely views from the windows. Bathroom and showering facilities are good. The manor house has a fantastic entrance hallway and lovely views give it a very country flavour for a short break. The breakfasts are excellent and we have always found it very good value for money. Mrs Marsh always makes us very welcome.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank 186298VikkiC
AlvingtonManorBB, Owner at Alvington Manor Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

We are very pleased to have made your stays with us happy. Our country views do get mentioned very regularly, and our guests as well ourselves never tire of them! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Perhaps we'll see you again this year!

There are newer reviews for Alvington Manor Farm

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My family and I stayed at Alvington Manor Farm in March of this year for 6 nights for a family holiday on the Isle of Wight, and we have been going to the Island for the last ten years. On arrival we were greeted with spectacular views of a beautiful and large farmhouse and a friendly and accommodating atmosphere. The rooms were very spacious and nicely decorated and they had a large lawn which my children were allowed to make use of. Mrs Marsh -who runs the b&b, was extremely helpful with my children's demanding breakfast requirements too! And the price was extremely good when compared to places we have stayed before and I'am amazed they turn a profit! This farmhouse is also a short distance from the Isle of Wight's capital town, being only a 5 minutes drive away. I think I speak for all of my family in saying we would happily return here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank AdamMurray

We are really pleased we could make your stay a happy one and we always aim to make our customers feel at home with any requests. Our large garden now has a small football goal, this should help ensure children burn off that additional holiday excitement! Should you and your family stay with us in the future, it'd be great to see you again.Thank you for writing a review of amf.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Alvington Manor Farm is a perfect location, just out of town; where you can experience a friendly atmosphere and great accomodation, with first class food.
We have been coming here for many years and look forward to coming back!
Mrs Marsh always gives us a great welcome when we return each year.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 45scorpion

Very Glad you had a happy stay with us in June 11. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for amf. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 9 April 2011

I have just returned from spending 7 nights at Alvington Manor Farm. After reading the previous reviews, I was hesitant to say the lease when I found out where we were staying! I was there on a walking holiday with a group of friends, and my room was away from the main house, overlooking the garden.
This was a large twin bedded room, enough hot water for a bath each night to soak the tired limbs, and enough breakfast to set you up for the day.
This is NOT a 5* hotel, and the price reflects this. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean room, where the owners are exceptionally accomodating with different breakfast requests, then I would not hesitate to recommend the Alvington Manor Farm B&B.
This IS a working farm and there is a lot of what some may call 'rubbish' around, but I wasn't there for a farming holiday!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pilbo

We are very glad you had a happy stay with us in April. The Island is a great place for walking holidays and we have many people that come for the walking festivals in May and October. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 21 August 2010

We have once again sadly returned from our annual holiday stay at Alvington Manor Farm/Guest House where we have been going for the past 10-12years, Each time we return Mr & Mrs Marsh make us feel like a member of the family, Everyone at Alvington Manor are always very kind, friendly & most helpful.

Over the years that we have stayed there, we have recognised the number of people that like us return each year, I'm sure that if it was (as suggested) that bad , I'm sure (Like us)!! they would not have returned.
THIS IS A VERY HARD WORKING FAMILY FARM/ GUEST HOUSE NOT THE RITZ!!!,

I don't normally write reviews or comments, however on this occassion I feel that the previous coments/review were totaly injust and incorrect to say the least. Roll on August 2011.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TromSilv
AlvingtonManorBB, Manager at Alvington Manor Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

We are delighted that you had a happy stay, as well as previously too. Returning customers are a fantastic measure that we are keeping customers happy. Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed 7 December 2009

Though realtively cheap by Isle of Wight standards - £100 for the two of us for two days – the place is a awful: it smells of wet dogs, is dishevelled and unkempt with all sorts of junk lying about the property, and is frankly dirty. The shower in our room was ornamental only, and loud ominous noises issued from the plumbing whenever it was used. The toilet took about 15 minutes to refill after flushing

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank IkariaCapeTown

We are sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your stay in Dec 09. The farmhouse is very old and large so there are certain logistical problems concerning noise from the plumbing, that we have been updating steadily over the last two years. However, the shower was and is in good working order. From the picture you have supplied it shows me that your stay would have been a few months before we were turfing and building a fence, so I can only apologize. Yet I feel 'junk' may refer to farming equipment. Once again, I apologize if we weren't able to meet your expectations and I sincerely thank you for writing a review.

Been to Alvington Manor Farm? Share your experiences!