“Here we are again!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chipping
Phoenix
“Here we are again!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

As I have mentioned before, this is our family go to for all occasions for 25 years!. We were here on a gorgeous day in July and had a lovely meal. The consistency is wonderful. The duck was delicious!
We had our coffee/ tea outside and were left to sit and enjoy for as long as we wanted.
It is expensive, but the food, and atmosphere and service are worth it. Looking forward to our next trip!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruth M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We went here to eat in the Restaurant for a Birthday celebration. From start to finish the entire evening was EXCELLENT. The staff were attentive and very well trained. As for the food, each course (and we had 3- something we never do normally) was cooked to perfection. If you want a place to go for a special treat or celebration, then this is the spot. Keep up the good work. We'll be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bosco D
Ilkley
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. Situated in Bowland, amidst beautiful gently rolling country, and having a wonderfully landscaped garden, this hotel is a great peaceful haven for a holiday. The owner has obviously made this hotel a labour of love. She runs a tight ship and everything is organized to the last detail. She is to be seen actively helping out in serving and taking orders, which makes for the essential personal touch an owner should have with the guests. The staff are friendly and attentive, the food is excellent and the rooms very well appointed with comfortable beds and modern bathroom; ours had an iron +board built-in. Rooms overlooking the garden are best. Attention to detail is everywhere - for example many hotels merely pile up cold plates for breakfast. Not here - there is a plate warmer to ensure your food remains hot. Selection at breakfast is excellent, the dinner menu excels and the wine list is comprehensive. The hotel concentrates strongly on weddings, so weekends are more difficult to book. One suggestion from a "wet shaver". The room we had had no light over the bathroom mirror so a bit of imaginative shaving had to take place. Otherwise, a great experience, to be repeated.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the garden.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our daughter got married at the Gibbon Bridge Hotel yesterday. The venue was booked for the whole day and evening with members of family and friends staying there. I would like to say a big "thank you" to the owner and also all the members of staff who made it perfect. I would highly recommend Gibbon Bridge our day could not have been happier. Although the sun didn't shine it did not ruin the day. Our daughter married in the orangery. The reception food was exceptional and evening was just as good. The garden and surrounding area is stunning. ALL members of staff were attentive and helpful. ALL rooms I must say were of the best standard and decor as you would expect to be. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a 3 night DB&B package to stay at the Gibbon Bridge, I had recently enjoyed a meal here and though the surroundings were beautiful and the food was lovely. This would also give me the opportunity to see if this could be my perfect wedding venue.

When we arrived at the hotel we were warmly greeted by the lady on reception and allocated our room. The room was beautiful set across 2 floors with a sitting room and upstairs bedroom. The room was pleasantly decorated in keeping with the building and had everything you could need. Tea and coffee making facilities were available along with a delicious sample of the biscuits made fresh in the hotel bakery on a daily basis. (My only disappointment with this was when I asked maid service for biscuits the following day they said were only given on the first nights stay! I have stayed in cheap B&B's and received biscuits daily) Hot chocolate was also no longer available. If the same facilities aren't to be offered for every night then the subsequent nights should be cheaper bearing in mind I could have booked a holiday abroad for the price I was paying.

Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment as it was self service and not once during our stay did anyone ask I I wanted more hot drinks or toast! I would expect in a hotel of this calibre that breakfast would be made fresh to order and options would be available, to avoid dry bacon ( which unfortunately happened on one of our breakfasts). Not to mention the mouldy toast we were given on the morning of our first breakfast and when we complained we received no apology from the waitress,as we were so perturbed by this we reported it to reception again later that morning who did apologise however no follow up or gratuity was received, considering all bread is said to be baked fresh on site I felt this was extremely inexcusable.

I felt the service overall in the restaurant was very inattentive across both breakfast and dinner. Examples of this include no one eve asking during your meal if the food was ok, plates been taken whilst you were still enjoying your last mouthful, staff difficult to attract attention if you needed something, along with my earlier example of no offers of further drinks or toast with breakfast.

The dinner however was lovely and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. I felt the bar prices were steep £10.80 for 2 gin and tonics and the cheapest bottle of wine £21.00!!

The surroundings of the hotel are beautiful however I feel overall the Gibbon Bridge could do more for their guests to make it extra special ... Following my stay I have decided that this won't be my wedding venue as I can't be sure the service will be as good as it should and my guests may need to remortgage their houses to enjoy a drink with us on our special day.

I will however be more than happy to return in the future and would happily recommend this as both a restaurant and a place to stay it's just a shame my time here wasn't as special as I intended.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank beznburt
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a party of six to celebrate a family wedding. It was a lovely stay, the hotel and grounds are set in a lovely valley in the Forest of Bowland which is breathtaking in it's natural beauty. The hotel was clean, well presented and in keeping with the surrounding area. The rooms were pleasant and the views we had onto the fantastic gardens were an added bonus. We received a fantastic service and the food was good throughout the stay. Drinks were a little pricey but competative for hotels of this nature.
All in all a really nice experience and would definitely return as it's a great base for exploring one of the best kept secrets of northern England.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night stay at the hotel for my partner's 40th at a cost of £200 so I was expecting something special...
When we arrived at the hotel we were told our room had been upgraded free of charge, how lovely I thought... The decor in the room was outdated, the bathroom tired & grubby, the bed lumpy & the room itself dusty, cold & damp smelling. If that's what the hotels better rooms were like I dread to think what the standard room we'd initially booked would have been like. Our evening meal was nice although nothing special, there was no atmosphere in the restaurant & given that we were there on a quiet night the service was slow & the staff inattentive. We were kept awake until 2am by the couple in the next room using the extremely loud whirlpool bath, when we complained about the noise we were told that unfortunately they couldn't do anything to stop guests using the facilities provided, if that's the case they should make sure that the walls aren't paper thin & the plumbing properly serviced. Once our neighbours had finished in the bath we could then hear every word of their conversation, honestly it was like they were sat in the room with us (I'm sure they would have been mortified if they'd known how clearly they could be heard!) In the morning we complained again about the poor nights sleep we'd had due to the noise & the attitude of the member of staff who dealt with us & were met with the same reaction, not an apology in sight. By this point I was so annoyed that I just paid the bill & left without checking it... Silly me, we had been charged for several extra drinks. On our return we wrote a letter of complaint to the hotel manager outlining the problems we'd had with noise, the poor attitudes we'd had from staff & that we'd been overcharged (admittedly I should have checked the bill) & never heard a thing back. Such a disappointing experience.

Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Dawnie_Madden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping
Northcote Hotel
Ferrari's Country House Hotel
Foxfields Country Hotel
Foxfields Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Billington

Been to Gibbon Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!