“Fantastic”
Review of The Old Vicarage

The Old Vicarage
Ranked #1 of 2 Doddington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed in the Coach House - which was perfect as we were 2 families staying together over night to attend our parents wedding anniversay in one of the local pubs.

Have to agree with all the previous reviews and say that our stay was extrememly confortable and welcoming. The gardens and house are beautuful. The breakfast was delicious and so relaxing - I could look at the view from the dining room all day!

We would have loved to have stayed longer and will definitely return now we have discovered this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FAm0s

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night as we were going to a wedding just up the road. The welcome from Claire was great and we had the coach house to ourselves which was great. This is one of the nicest b&b's I have stayed in - gorgeous, clean, comfortable accommodation. Fabulous large comfy bed and delicious breakfast and utterly charming and helpful hosts! Couldn't fault a thing - 100% spot on!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tedsterlondon_UK
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This lovely bed and breakfast home has transformed my annual visit to my native village. There is simply nothing to criticise - a superbly renovated vicarage with comfortable spacious bedrooms, delicious local food - try Doughty's sausages with Claire's scrambled eggs - and the warmest possible welcome. The rural views from the dining room are peaceful and refreshing and Claire and Nick are the kindest and most thoughtful of hosts. An added bonus - they care passionately about the local area and know a lot about it. The two dogs are part of the welcoming party, very beautiful and well-behaved.

Room Tip: I'm happy to have a room overlooking the church but some people might prefer the rooms over-look...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hellenholman
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Well the Old Vicarage is just an amazing jewel of a place! I stayed here for 3 nights in February whilst I was working in Sittingbourne. Claire & Nick are the most generous, convivial of hosts. I could not have felt more welcome, particularly as I was travelling alone! The location is completely secluded, opposite a beautiful village church. My room was huge and sumptuous, with an enormous comfortable bed and fabulous uninterrupted views across the gardens, and beyond that fields and trees. My bathroom had a beautiful roll top bath and everything was so clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were top notch and served in the wonderful dining room with views over the gardens. Claire has awards for being the friendliest host, and they are well deserved! I would not hesitate to recommend the Old Vicarage and would go out of my way to stay here again if I were in the area again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a shame we only had time to stay one night in the delightful Old Rectory, it is a gem not to be missed! We can't recommend it enough!

Claire made us feel so welcome on arrival and to sit in the sun drenched lounge eating homemade banana cake, with an attentive Biscuit (one of lovely dogs) watching us was a super way to start our stay. Claire is the first person I know to have created an 'infinity' garden and it's wonderful!

We were in the Valley suite and it was first class. Lovely light airy room, large bathroom with a big roll topped bath to wallow in - plus an extra twin bedded room if you were a family. A bunch of fresh daffodills on the mantlepiece was a lovely added touch. There was a hair dryer in the room, dressing gowns, a good beverage tray and nxpresso (however you spell it!) machine and very nice biscuits. The room was spotless and everything in tip top condition.

Claire showed us the way to a very relaxing walk through the bluebell wood opposite the Vicarge which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Breakfast was delicious! lovely choice of fresh fruit, assorted cereals, toast your own bread and all items needed to make a super full English breakfast. Sitting in the very large dining room, chandelier above our heads and me being at the head of the table made us feel very 'lord and lady of the Manor'!!!

We enjoyed every minute of our visit and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dedicatedtraveller
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just one night was enough to know that Claire and Nick provide superb hospitality. From the welcoming pot of tea, toast and jam to the hearty breakfast just before departure it was an ideal stop on my travels around Kent.

The location is stunning and the house likewise. The room was spacious and comfortable with just about everything you might need there to hand.

A perfect place to relax.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank brit70000
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Even though we only stayed one night in the cottage, Claire made us feel very welcome in her lovely home. A comfy bed, luxurious towels, a delicious breakfast and gorgeous surroundings - I'm sure we will be back for more.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank elainef3

Been to The Old Vicarage? Share your experiences!