Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Louise S

Our wonderful anniversary weekend,superb!

Review of The Plough Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Aug 2020
My husband and I stayed here in the beautiful queen suite in the coach house for our 3rd wedding anniversary!

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by all staff & owners, the surroundings of the plough are breathtaking and gardens stunning.
(We were very lucky as we got to view the beautiful sun set by our suite).

Marianne & Richard went the extra mile for our special day & night in all aspects!
When we checked into our absolutely stunning room..." (I would call it a mini cottage)".
We were amazed by its decor, furnishings and finishing touches of the place.

We loved the large bath with window looking out to the English country side.

food was amazing cooked by the chef, the waiters & waitresses extremely friendly & hard working.

We would highly recommend this beautiful special place in the Kentish country side.

Thank you for the beautiful anniversary flowers and Devine breakfast hamper we received morning of our anniversary.

we shall definitely be returning again soon.
kind regards
Mr & Mrs
Stoppani
Date of stay: August 2020
Marianne Baker, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review
Responded 27 Aug 2020
Thank you for writing a review of your visit. We were pleased to be able to accommodate you at short notice and glad we didn’t disappoint you for your celebrations. Lovely to meet you both and hope to see you again soon. Marianne and Richard
Village church
7.7 miles from The Plough Inn
9.4 miles from The Plough Inn
Room service
View more hotels in Stalisfield
All reviews the pub comfortable bed enjoyable stay kent countryside two nights warm welcome breakfast hamper separate building split level richard accommodation wheat bath nuts tv furnishings plough
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2020 via mobile

My husband booked the accommodation in a lodge adjacent to the Plough pub for our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. Marianne and Richard were great hosts and, despite the current situation, all procedures were put in place for a safe stay. The barn conversion was to a high standard, with a very comfortable bed. The highlight was the large bath with a velux window overlooking the countryside and the sea in the distance !
We ordered the breakfast and it was delivered in a lovely hamper to the door. We tried a different option for the 2 mornings we were there (cooked and continental) and both were delicious.
We ate both our evening meals in the Plough and we were not disappointed. The food was very tasty and well cooked.
Thanks again Marianne and Richard, hope to see you again.
Highly Recommend.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marianne Baker, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was lovely to met you both and we hope to see you again soon. Marianne and Richard

Reviewed 18 November 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely dog friendly inn with my two humans. They say I should write the review as they chose it because I could come with them.
As a cocker spaniel, it can be difficult to find decent places to stay. The Plough has bedrooms in a separate building, they are lovely big rooms with an upstairs where I wasn’t allowed, but that’s ok as I’m not allowed upstairs at home, this means that my bathroom was just outside the front door in the huge garden, which was very convenient, although my humans did have to come with me to make sure I left no sign on the grass.
They had a nice dining space for me in the room and some lovely biccies, which were much appreciated. My humans had their breakfast brought to the room which they say was very nice - apologies for barking at the nice man who brought it.
We went to the pub both nights for the humans to have dinner which they said was delicious, although they wouldn’t share any with me, they also say the wine and beer was good too.
My human mummy said that more non-meat options on the menu would have been good, but she was very impressed when the chef was able to make the burger into a halloumi version, she said it was the best she’s had and reckons it should be on the menu. Human daddy enjoyed the pie, he does like a proper pie (none of that lid only nonsense) and he kept going on about how nice this one was.
I enjoyed the open fire in the pub, it was nice and cosy after we walked for 12 miles through the local fields (although I walked much further as there were lots of sniffs to enjoy).
All in all I would come back, and recommend The Plough to all my four footed friends and their humans.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

Amazing accommodation. Amazing food. Amazing service. Would definitely recommend and will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

We were delighted with our room here and the welcome for our dog. The area is very pretty and the pub itself quaint.
The food is good. We had a bit of a bad experience because we were seated at what is probably normally a much sought after little snug. But because the pub was packed we felt suffocated and almost buried by people blocking our way out. The owner very quickly apologized the next day and acknowledged that they could have seated us and our dog better given the event on in the pub that night.
Would have preferred breakfast in the restaurant rather than our room but mainly because dogs cannot come up to where breakfast is set up in the room.
We will definitely return when we have the opportunity and can recommend it as a comfortable and pretty place to stay and eat.

Reviewed 17 September 2019

We stayed here one night on our way down to Cornwall and we (a couple with one dog) can REALLY recommend it. Super cozy cottage-like two-floor rooms with a warm hello and treats for our dog. Nice pub, too. And you can walk directely into the woods, just some minutes walking distance away. We are going to stay at the Plough Inn on our way back home again.

11marianneb, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2019

Thank you for your review. It was lovely to meet you all and we are delighted that returned on your way back too; fingers crossed that after everything settles down you'll still be able to visit with you dog in the future. Kind regards Marianne & Richard