Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Thu, 6 Jun
Sandwich, United Kingdom

Happy Birthday !

Review of The Plough Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Oct 2020via mobile
My wife booked a night for my birthday. Lovely pub with open fires and the food was really good. The accommodation is outstanding, really beautiful and amazing attention to detail in every respect. The cooked breakfast hamper next morning was fantastic, so much better than I had expected. One or two of the bar/restaurant staff are not as efficient and polished as the others but I'm sure they will soon learn.
We had a great time and will look for an excuse to return.
Marianne Baker, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review
Responded 9 Jun 2021
Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your wife's birthday, we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Indeed some of our team are still quite new as recruitment at this time has been somewhat of a challenge, but we are sure under our new managers wing they will flourish. We hope to see you again as soon as you can muster up an excuse! Marianne & Richard
Standard suite bedroom
    £55
    £60
5.6 miles from The Plough Inn
View more hotels in Stalisfield
All reviews the pub comfortable bed enjoyable stay kent countryside two nights warm welcome breakfast hamper separate building split level richard accommodation wheat bath nuts tv furnishings plough
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

We booked to stay for a few days for a staycation and visiting some friends with our dog, I have to say this is a fantastic place to stay , obviously at the moment due to the restrictions your room can’t be cleaned every day but breakfast is fab (brought to your room ) with a good choice . Then there is the pub itself , the food is top draw , I can honestly say on the first night I had the pie (proper pie) ham and chorizo , it is the best oi I’ve ever had , perfect pastry and chunks of ham an chorizo, we ate most nights at the pub and it is great and no wonder gets booked up quick . The staff are great and service was excellent throughout our stay , Marianne and Richard are fab, this is a great place and we will be back.

Marianne Baker, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. Indeed you can't beat a 'Proper pie'! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your break with and we hope to see you again soon Marianne & Richard

Reviewed 22 August 2020

I can't recommend this place highly enough - though please don't book up all the rooms next time we go! We stayed the first weekend of August for 2 nights - our first trip away since the beginning of lockdown. I am hugely concerned that too many people think the Covid-19 crisis is over - it isn't, but the Plough understood this and had excellent anti-covid measures in place, while still ensuring that a visit was an absolute pleasure. We stayed in their larger suite with the bedroom and bathroom upstairs and a living and dining room below. It was spacious and beautifully fitted out (recently and to high standard_ and comfortable as well as very spacious. Breakfast came in a hamper to your room - to eat at your own dining table - at whatever time you wanted and included freshly cooked still hot full English and cafetiere coffee. The food in the evening was of a really high standard and excellent prices. We ate in the marquee as I prefer not to sit indoors with other people, though they did their best to distance tables. There are lovely country walks from the door. Absolutely perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience staying and eating at The Plough Inn, Stalisfield. We are pleased to know how comfortable you felt in what are very strange times for us all.
We look forward to seeing you again soon (worth noting that we will be heating the marquee in the colder months too!) Marianne and Richard

Reviewed 9 August 2020

My husband and I stayed here in the beautiful queen suite in the coach house for our 3rd wedding anniversary!

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by all staff & owners, the surroundings of the plough are breathtaking and gardens stunning.
(We were very lucky as we got to view the beautiful sun set by our suite).

Marianne & Richard went the extra mile for our special day & night in all aspects!
When we checked into our absolutely stunning room..." (I would call it a mini cottage)".
We were amazed by its decor, furnishings and finishing touches of the place.

We loved the large bath with window looking out to the English country side.

food was amazing cooked by the chef, the waiters & waitresses extremely friendly & hard working.

We would highly recommend this beautiful special place in the Kentish country side.

Thank you for the beautiful anniversary flowers and Devine breakfast hamper we received morning of our anniversary.

we shall definitely be returning again soon.
kind regards
Mr & Mrs
Stoppani

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marianne Baker, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Thank you for writing a review of your visit. We were pleased to be able to accommodate you at short notice and glad we didn’t disappoint you for your celebrations. Lovely to meet you both and hope to see you again soon. Marianne and Richard

Reviewed 25 July 2020 via mobile

My husband booked the accommodation in a lodge adjacent to the Plough pub for our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. Marianne and Richard were great hosts and, despite the current situation, all procedures were put in place for a safe stay. The barn conversion was to a high standard, with a very comfortable bed. The highlight was the large bath with a velux window overlooking the countryside and the sea in the distance !
We ordered the breakfast and it was delivered in a lovely hamper to the door. We tried a different option for the 2 mornings we were there (cooked and continental) and both were delicious.
We ate both our evening meals in the Plough and we were not disappointed. The food was very tasty and well cooked.
Thanks again Marianne and Richard, hope to see you again.
Highly Recommend.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was lovely to met you both and we hope to see you again soon. Marianne and Richard

Reviewed 18 November 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely dog friendly inn with my two humans. They say I should write the review as they chose it because I could come with them.
As a cocker spaniel, it can be difficult to find decent places to stay. The Plough has bedrooms in a separate building, they are lovely big rooms with an upstairs where I wasn’t allowed, but that’s ok as I’m not allowed upstairs at home, this means that my bathroom was just outside the front door in the huge garden, which was very convenient, although my humans did have to come with me to make sure I left no sign on the grass.
They had a nice dining space for me in the room and some lovely biccies, which were much appreciated. My humans had their breakfast brought to the room which they say was very nice - apologies for barking at the nice man who brought it.
We went to the pub both nights for the humans to have dinner which they said was delicious, although they wouldn’t share any with me, they also say the wine and beer was good too.
My human mummy said that more non-meat options on the menu would have been good, but she was very impressed when the chef was able to make the burger into a halloumi version, she said it was the best she’s had and reckons it should be on the menu. Human daddy enjoyed the pie, he does like a proper pie (none of that lid only nonsense) and he kept going on about how nice this one was.
I enjoyed the open fire in the pub, it was nice and cosy after we walked for 12 miles through the local fields (although I walked much further as there were lots of sniffs to enjoy).
All in all I would come back, and recommend The Plough to all my four footed friends and their humans.

Date of stay: November 2019