“Needs updating and ragwort addressing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Godstone Farm & Playbarn
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Godstone
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Needs updating and ragwort addressing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

After visiting today was disappointed to find large clumps of ragwort scattered around the farm. The whole place needs updating and what about a few more animals considering your called a "farm" great play areas if you just want a play area while you chat

2 Thank Catherine F
Godstone_Farm, Guest Relations Manager at Godstone Farm & Playbarn, responded to this review, 29 June 2016
Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Thank you for your feedback on the ragwort. We have a great team of gardener and maintenance that regularly remove any unwanted plants. We are delighted to be home to over 500 animals, that can be seen inside and out side.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the farm again soon.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Plan you trip right and this is good value. Lots of activities for the kids, there is a petting area but because of the issue around diseases animals are limited - that's fine. Lots of different types of domestic/farm animals, some craft items...huge indoor and outdoor play area (gives chance for the kids to run around while you have a well deserved coffee/tea)...you can spend a whole day here, if you live nearby then its worth getting the pass, though pricey it will pay for itself. A much improved farm :)

Visited May 2014
2 Thank sjlondontown
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Was a little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We visited the farm as a family with a young child (18months) and older child (11years). We went in half term and was very busy. I remember coming here myself as a child and it was a lot better. I didn't feel as if we could get up close enough to the animals and was very hard for my younger child to see anything without me constantly having to pick him up to see anything. The playbarn is very good and I would actually go as far to say the children had more fun there then seeing the animals. It's a shame that this farm hasn't lived up to my expectations.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank EmmaJadey
Warwick, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Really Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited Godstone Farm with my parents (in their 60s) and my 16 month old on a term-time week day, expecting it to be fairly quiet but it was clearly a really popular choice! Getting there at 10am was a good idea just so we could get a parking space.

The staff were all friendly and great with children. The indoor play barn is great fun too. I think that was my son's favourite bit! We'd be there every week if we lived locally.

I was surprised and disappointed that smoking is allowed around the farm. It's not even confined to designated smoking areas. I was told by one staff member that as long as it "isn't next to anything flammable or the animals then it's fine".

We visited the tea room and really it's just a bland room with a chiller cabinet and a till. Bring your own food - it all looked really basic and what we did buy was dry.

Visited June 2014
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very well kept, fab staff, well looked after animals and brilliant play areas. We'll definitely be back