“Lovely meal with family ”
Review of Stables Groomsport

Stables Groomsport
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Groomsport
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Another trip to The Stables and again it was very enjoyable. Staff are so friendly and welcoming. My wee one loved the gameboy provided on loan to amuse him. Fabulous idea for entertaining children. Food was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the trio of desserts as I can never decide what to have.

1  Thank SMICK74

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We paid an unplanned visit to the Stables Restaurant on Bank Holiday Monday for Lunch, following a trip to nearby Ballyholme beach on a beautiful warm sunny day.We had dined at the restaurant several times before and were already aware of its great standards of food and service. My 2 year old Grandaughter was well catered for and served a childs meal that I would have struggled to finish. The adults all had different meals followed by various dessert courses. All were totally satisfied and pleased with the choice and quantity. Staff were very pleasant and attentive. There is plenty of parking space including an overflow carpark.
Useful tip, on a hot day if you particularly prefer to eat in a cooler area avoid the conservatory, although it is very pleasant on a cooler day it can become uncomfortable in direct sun,

1  Thank WilliamS13
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Called in around 3 still moderately busy .
Seated quickly but drinks order slow as was meal .
HOWEvER
Liver bacon tobacco onions mmmmm lush . My ptnr had chicken which was fine .
2 mains 2 pints and a coke £34
Bangor dining prices I suppose .
But all in all quite happy

1  Thank bigmacAntrim
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Sunday lunch with the relatives. Our table looked out towards the sea and we were served by attentive staff. The weather outside was somewhat dreary but the atmosphere inside was warm.

We headed straight for mains and each of the 4 meals were good, simple, well prepared food. Each of us enjoyed the main with the accompanying vegetables. I had the turkey ham and found it well to be to my liking.
Dessert was ordered by all. I had the trio of desserts - a good pavlova, an acceptable banoffee pie but a disappointing malteeser cheesecake. The lemon cheesecake had a few malteesers added and the mix was not good. Disappointingly the ordered teas did not arrive in time before we left!
A meal that started very well but ended on a slight whimper. As given in my rating, the slight disappoint at the end did not reduce our overall enjoyment of a meal out.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Stables can always be relied on for a hearty meal. Food is simple but good quality and well presented. Service while always good has improved recently. Views over Belfast lough are spectacular. Gave the Stables an average rating because its been around for a long time with little change to décor or menu, but if you've never been its worth a visit.