“Great food, beautiful location”
Review of Stables Groomsport

Stables Groomsport
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Groomsport
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Great food, beautiful location”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Seven of us had a meal at the stables as we had previously visited here many years ago, brought back a lot of memories, great location, looking out over Belfast lough, Food was great , service great and the choice of meals fantastic. Kids choice of meals was excellent and cheap. Would recommend any main meal and champ...a northern Ireland special.

• Visited August 2014
Stables G, Manager at Stables Groomsport, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Colin m,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience on your first visit for many years and I hope you don't leave it so long before your next visit.

Glasgow
“Food View and Great Service”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Visited the Stables at the beginning of August. Was there with my friends for lunch. We sat in the conservatory and had a wonderful view of the sea. The food was delicious and the service was very good. I would recommend the Stables lovely setting.

Dear Cloharry,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review. Was glad to read that your enjoyed your food and were able to avail of some of the stunning views we are blessed with. I hope you are able to visit again soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“good value”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Summer sizzler menu great value - starter and main for £10.95
Good food and service despite being quite busy

Visited August 2014
Dear Hamie002,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you again soon. Why not try our Autumn / Winter Warmer menu will be launched soon.

Bangor, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lunch at the stables”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Yet another family lunch at the stables and once again I could not fault anything, food was great, staff friendly, surroundings spotless desserts to die for cant wait until my next visit

Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for your positive feedback, glad you enjoyed your lunch and we hope to see you again soon.

Ballygowan
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have been regular patrons of The Stables for many years and booked for a celebration dinner for my sons A level results last night. Very busy when we arrived and we were given a poor table beside the bar which was very crowded and noisy. It appeared our booking hadn't been recorded so there were no tables up at the windows and the conservatory was booked for a function. Diappointment number 1. Whilst the staff were as ever friendly and welcoming, the second disappointment was the arrival of our main courses without the side orders which took another 10 minutes to come. When we mentioned this to the Head Waiter, he offered us fresh sides or to re heat our mains. We stuck with what we had which was all flavoursome but I really dislike having luke warm food or reheated food! Disappointent 2. Next mishap was they got the dessert order wrong so again 2 of us were served while the other 2 in our party had to wait for theirs to be corrected. Disappointment 3. Overall not the experience we had hoped for or had before. Doubt we will rush back as there are now so many other places to choose from.

2 Thank Dotennis17
Stables G, Owner at Stables Groomsport, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Dotennis17,

As a valued regular customer we welcome all feedback good or bad, however I feel disappointed that on this occasion you felt the need to post this review. I felt that on the evening I had personally addressed your grievances as best I could and offered my sincerest apologies for any disappointments you had.
As owner I did welcome your comments on the evenig and take any negative points very seriously.
I do hope you have not been put off by this experience and you continue your regular patronage

Kind Regards