“Awful”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Groomsport
Price range: US$0 - US$21
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I went here today for lunch and it was awful, the older blonde haired waitress wasn't plesent and barely uttered a word to us, she took around 10 mins to come near us when we walked in. I had scampi and it was VERY greasy and I could even taste the oil. The champ tasted like it was re-heated. I felt sick afterwards and will never be back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Lovetotravel8910

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Dining with friends”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Went here on Thursday evening with some friends for the newly advertised 2course meal,starters well presented and tasty, couple chicken and steaks for main course( which have a supplement ) good portions,very good value,and at 830 there's a 2 piece band great night out, and also half price wine with meal,special mention to Alex who looked after us.

Visited June 2013
Ballywalter,Northern Ireland United Kingdom
“CA very fine meal”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I visited on Fathers Day half expecting it to be full but the staff had arranged times and tables very well. I chose curried parsnip soup and for main course the beef both of which were excellent. The wife started with a prawn and pepper fishcake and followed with the beef. She actually saved a slice of beef to take home and have on a sandwich later. We both agreed it was a super meal and with two courses and drinks came to just £30.00 which for Fathers Day or indeed any day was exceptional value. We fully intend to return.

• Visited June 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Holiday”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

During my stay from the states where I live now from Northern Ireland loved this place the bar was great and the staff was great food was good iwas there several times bought tickets to see Jim brown doing Elvis it was great meet lovely people friendly place had a great time bar staff was excellent this is a place you want to go bouncer was great at the door helped me sort out my taxie thank you for a great time hope to be back soon.

• Visited March 2013
Groomsport
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredibly poor service”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I went to the Groomsport Inn today (Easter Monday). The food was delicious and very good value for money, however the service was amongst the worst we have ever experienced. The waitresses barely uttered a word to us, and it was only when we were leaving and overheard them speaking to someone else, that we realised there was a specials board we had never been shown. We were never asked if our food was OK after it had arrived, and my husband had to go looking for sauce that he wanted on his own. We live locally, and because the food was so good, we will probably give it another try. I can only hope that the service has improved by then.

• Visited April 2013