“1 hr trek”

Ballyhoura Horse Trekking
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kilfinane
More attraction details
Owner description: Leasurely Pleasurely Horse Riding No riding experience necessary We offer 1, 2.5 and 5 hour treks in beautiful Ballyhoura area. we also do pub rides of 2.5 & 5 hours, and kids 'Hack & Tack Club' on Saturdays. 3 day Kids Camp during the holidays, we also cater for Birthday Parties & large groups. Call us for more details or to make a booking. Annette & John Joe BHS qualified. Tourism Ireland & AIRE Approved 1 HOUR HACK: Walk only through the forest up onto the hilltop which has beautiful views of Kilfinane. 2.5 HOUR TREK: Walk, Trot and up hill canters if the group wishes to do so. PUB RIDE (2.5 OR 5 HOUR TREKS) Groups only. Both treks includes lunch at "Village Inn" Ballyorgan. Enjoy stunning views of the Ballyhoura, Galty, Knockmealdowns and Golden Vale on the 2.5 and 5 hour trails.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I took a 1 hr trek with my 7 yr old niece. Excellent ponies, friendly and professional staff, beautiful countryside. They gave each rider the support and supervision appropriate to their ability. Will go again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We discovered a treasure here at ballyhoura horse treks!!
Fabulous people- so friendly, welcoming and helpful!
Made a nervous rider very comfortable and confident on the trek.
The horses are fantastic- so calm and responsive.
The trails are beautiful and the views are incredible!!
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to any level of rider!
We did the 2.5 hour trek which was a nice amount of time and good enough value at €50.
Cant wait to go back again!!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I went on the 2 hour trek on a lovely sunny day. The scenery is breaktaking and I just felt it cleansed the soul! The staff are lovely and so friendly and helpful, which makes a huge difference especially if anyone is nervous or unsure. They are attentive and it feels like you are going riding with old friends. The horses are content and friendly. I highly recommend and will be returning.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Whilst staying in the area I attended the horse riding centre for the 1hr trek with my sister, upon arrival we where welcomed and made comfortable in an outside decking while my dad filled in the safety form. While waiting on the others going along we where allowed to go see the horses. It wasn't long until we where fitted with helmets and mounted the horses in a paddock, once everyone was ready we went around the paddock a few times getting used to the horses and what I liked that was different was they had a small mound in the paddock to allow you to practice going up and down hills. The trail it's self was amazing by far the best I've ever been on there was so much interesting parts that really made you feel in control and the horses were very responsive unlike some places you go and they know the route by heart and you could just sit back and let them walk the route themselves. But overall I was very pleased and the 1hr trek was well over an hr. The family themselves are extremely friendly and made the visit one I will remember. If you're in the area I would recommend it very much.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I can't count the number of times my 9 year old daughter and I have been to ballyhoura horse trails...we keep coming back for more. We live over an hour away but the journey is well worth it. Firstly Annette and Johnjo are amongst the friendliest and most genuine people you could meet with a great love of and knowledge of horses. They quickly assess your ability and match you with the right horse. The horses are extremely well cared for, lively and responsive. My daughter rides the cheeky Chester and loves to come back to him each time. The trails bring the rider through unspoiled and beautiful countryside, magical woodlands, mountain tops with breathtaking views over surrounding counties. We even visited the nearby castle Oliver last Christmas and had lunch in the Castle dining room, then rode back through the snow. magic! Plenty of opportunity to canter if you wish...all levels of riders are catered for. We have tried quite a few horse trails in Ireland but in my opinion this is the number 1. Please try it, you will not be disappointed

3  Thank Eleanor H