Firstly if you are looking apartment style accomadation - look no further - book with Nick and Karol!
Accomadation is spacious, clean, well equipped, and in the garden view apartment it has a balcony where you can admire the birds. There are fans in both the longue and bedroom so we didn't need the AC at all.
Situated in Cades Bay - a long stretch of untaimed costline with fantastic snokelling, and even better sunsets, this is an area where you could really get away from the crowds.
It is quite easy to catch a local bus to the local restaurants and beaches (Darkwood is excellent), however, it takes considerablly longer to get to English Habour and the wonderful Half-Moon Bay. So, definitely get a hired car straight away and explore.
We arrange thourgh Nick and Karoll, had the car delivered and at the end of the holiday dropped off at the airport. Prices are good and service painless.
Nick and Karoll are really excellent hosts, nothing is too much trouble and always around to have a chat and to help! Do take advnatege of the welcome BBQ an join them for cocktail hour! The best rum punches.
Do book with Reefview if you want apartments style accomadation.
I would recommend to hire a car early.
Take advantage of Nick and Karoll's expert local knowledge
Diving, snokelling. Shirley Heights on Sunday (again go with N+K), Halfmoon bay most days! Coffee and people watch at English Habour and Nelson's Dockyard. Stingray City, and many many more lovely memories.
P.s. Some reviewers mentioned about the cash deposit - it is 400USD and no problems at all. I used some of it to pay for excursions taken with Reefviews at the end. Got the rest back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ReefView Apartments consist of three unique and fully equipped self catering holiday/vacation homes - each with full bathroom and kitchen - set in lush tropical gardens affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef just 1 mile offshore as well as neighbouring islands of Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Redonda. ReefView Apartments is located on the shores of the Cades Bay Marine Reserve in a quiet residential hamlet - just 100m from a long deserted sandy beach, fringed with coconut palms, with walk in snorkeling available right off the beach. The shallows flats which front the apartments for miles in each direction are also a haven for sports fishermen - offering shots at hard fighting game species such as tarpon, permit, snook, snapper and barracuda - to name but a few.... Ideal for independent travelers, who enjoy long beach walks in beautiful natural surroundings, exploring the many interesting facets of Antigua's history and geography and immersing themselves in the local culture to provide an experience far removed from the generic experience offered by most other resorts. Owned and operated by long time Antigua residents - Karoll and Nick Williams - we are always on hand to help you get orientated and to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! We very much look forward to welcoming you to our little piece of paradise - down by the sea..... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay