We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cades Bay
ReefView Apartments
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Reefview is the perfect getaway location, we stayed in the penthouse which is wonderfully spacious with great sunset views from the balcony. Nick and Karol are great hosts, Karrol picked us up from the airport and we really enjoyed the first night BBQ and the rum punch. Spent most mornings driving to a beach and lunch at a local beach resteraunt then spent the afternoon at the local beach (2 min walk) which is quiet (ie no one else is there so just how we like it) and excellent for snorkelling, viewing the egrets and pelicans. I enjoyed the best snorkelling trip EVER, with a trip on Nick's boat onto the reef. 3 hrs of incrediblle fish, rays, baracuda - An incredible experience. Ozzie and Jabba (the dogs) and Spooky and Cassius (the cats) were also very welcoming, well behaved and made it feel like home rather than sterile holiday accomodation. Unfortunately we were only able to stay for 1 week which was much too short .

We would thoroughly recommend Reefview to anyone wanting to experience the true beauty of Antigua

Reviewed 11 February 2010

We stayed for three weeks in the garden cottage.
It was one of our best Trips ever.
The cottage is very romantic with a greate view over the Mangroves and the Sea. The outdoor Shower, the romantic Bed, The small but fully stuffed Kitchen. Yuo can feel that it was build with a lot of Spirit.
In front of the cottage you can find your own little Garden, the perfekt Place to chill after a Day out. We had a lot of BBQ on the brandnew Gasgrill.
The Hosts Nick and Karoll are very nice. We allways had the feeling to be a Part of the Family. They are very gentle. If you want to be on your own, then the will never disturb you. But if you give the OK, then they are the best companion you can wish.
We had booked the Welcome BBQ at the first evening. It was that nice, that we had one every week. We´ve been snorkeling with nick and karol at the reef. ( highly recommended) I´ve been snorkeling a lot before, but this trip can mess with all i´ve seen.
I have done a fishing Trip with nick for Flyfishing for Tarpon.( my big passion)Nick told me before that it could be frustrating but i forced him to do. We didn´t find them, but Nick did all a good guide can do. It was worth every cent. And finally we found Permit-fish at the Flats. Greate experiance. If you are a Flyfisher, bring your rod and look for the Permit. Nick can show you where to go.
The Island is very beautyfull und the People are friendly. Before we started we have heard about the rising crime on the Island. DONT WORRY. We have traveled a lot, but we seldom felt save like here. Be kind and they will be.
We had a lovely time with lovely People, hope to come back again.

Giovanni / Munich/ Germany

Reviewed 8 February 2010

My husband and I have just returned from an incredible holiday at Reef View Apartments. Karoll picked us up at the airport and drove us to our new home away from home, where we had a wonderful dinner with her and her husband Nick. From then on, we felt as if we had been friends for years. They gave us tips and advice from where the best beaches were, to places to eat and shop, and they were right on all counts. On Thursday, my 50th birthday, Karoll and Nick took us snorkelling on their boat and it truly was amazing. We saw so many beautiful fish, including sea rays, turtles, sea fans, and of course the coral reef itself was so fascinating.
We enjoyed having breakfast on our own deck every morning and coming home at the end of every day and having a glass of wine on the deck with such a beautiful view of the ocean. The house is incredibly clean and bright and airy. We loved having Karoll and Nicks' 2 dogs and 2 cats visit us each day for a treat and a snuggle. We also enjoyed being away from the crowded resort areas of the island. The locals are very warm, happy people and it was a very positive cultural experience.
Our only regret was that we should have stayed for two weeks instead of just one.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2010

We have just returned from the best holiday of our lives. Antigua is truly a beautiful paradise island. The local people are lovely warm folk with good humour and one always feels safe on the island. The location of Reef View is perfect, away from the tourists but not remote, all of the best beaches and the best activities are within easy range. The beach at the apartment is idyllic, one can walk for miles beachcombing and shell collecting without seeing a soul.
The most important information I can convey is about the hosts Nick and Karoll. They put their hearts and souls into ensuring their guests have a good time. They are close by whenever one has a question but never intrude on ones privacy. Nick is a wonderful quiet guy with an incredible passionate knowledge and love of wildlife. Ask him lots of questions and you will come away enriched by his company. A "must do" is a snorkel trip with Nick. He is not just a skipper who takes you out and drops you over the best coral reef, he gives you a totally personalised bespoke adventure. We are not strong snorkelers, but he dedicated himself to helping us see the most wonderful underwater scenes.
Other "must do's" are:
Sunset and dinner at OJ's especially Fridays and Sundays(with a jazz duo)
Sunday steel band and party at Shirley Heights.
Rum punch and a sleep on a beach.
If you like to sample local food, try " conch water" ( an aromatic conch soup) and chicken wings at Goldies stall in the village on Friday and Saturday lunchtime. The cost is virtually nothing.
Just a little bit of info for visitors from UK and Europe-- prices for drinks and eating out are far cheaper than back home.
Good health withstanding, we'll be back next year.

Reviewed 31 January 2010

We had the pleasure of staying with Karoll and Nick in the penthouse apartment. It was clean, bright and had beautiful views from the deck. We found our hosts to be friendly and trustworthy - they helped us plan our days and made great recommendations for trips and dining. My husband went fishing with Nick one day and caught a huge king mackeral , which Nick cooked up for dinnter and another day we both went snorkling with our hosts on Cades Reef and it was some of the best snorkling we've done. We saw stingrays, all sorts of fish and even a sea turtle! We ate at OJ's beach bar down the road 2 nights and they had some excellent jazz players - we really enjoyed them. We spent a couple of days at Turner's Beach, which we found fun but it got a little crowded when the cruise ships came in. Karoll also set us up on a day trip to Barbuda with Ruben - he took us for a tour of the island and then we went to his quiet bungalows via panga across the lagoon, thru the mangroves to the tip of Goat Island - noone else there and he cooked us the most delicious lobster lunch and kept us in yummy rum punch and cold drinks all afternoon. A day we'll never forget!

Finally, my husband and I fell in love with a little stray island pup and Karoll worked tirelessly to help us get her home with us to the US. Coco is now part of our family and learning to love the cold!

We were initially a bit hesitant like the other reviewer about wiring money , but I can assure you that the Williams are honest and hardworking folks.

One thing about staying at the Reef View apartments is that unlike staying in a resort that insulates you from the environment, you are much closer to the local culture and people, and you have a better appreciation of what living on an island might be like. It offers a whole different perspective on a vacation, and that for us is one of the points that made this such an interesting vacation.

Reviewed 22 January 2010

:-) I'm still laughing about the previous review, especially about the "Violent crime" and what the U.S. State Department says ... Perhaps Antigua will be bombed soon!
Jokes aside, the island is beautiful and the location of the Reef View as a strategic midway between St.John 's and English Harbor, near Jolly Harbor for shopping and with possibility to go without too much hardship on the east coast.
The house is beautiful. We were at the Reef View Garden which is composed of a large living room with sofa bed and fully equipped kitchen, a room just for me my wife and our daughter two years in baby coat and a spacious bathroom.
We enjoyed the terrace outside (which is also seen in photos on the web), where we spent a good time sipping a good rum at night after returning from a long day and even our breakfast while admiring the flowers and hummingbirds.
We look just for that: a clean apartment, a tranquil and familiar as the base for our trips, just what the web we sent the Reef View.
As Karoll and Dick absolutely nothing to say, two peaceful and honest people who live their lives trying to spend a pleasant holiday for their guests.
The rules were clear from the start, including security, and to be honest, I was a bit 'scared for any damage that my child could cause, but the reality was quite different.
Even myself have accidentally broken a mirror in the room and Karoll did not want even one cent for repair.
Unfortunately we have not made any boat trip with Dick, as the sea in those 12 days was a bit 'rough and a bit' murky for snorkelling. I must say that I appreciated Karoll and Dick because they told me that.
Karoll has always been kind to my daughter and she gave her a lot of games just arrived.
The fantastic parrot Reef View has done the rest ...
What to say? I envy all of you who are going there!
Br/Alessandro

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I stayed at Reefview in November and fell in love with this beautiful corner of Antigua. The sea is just a few moments walk away from the apartments past flowery shrubs, birds and butterflies. Although the water is shallow here inside the reef we had lovely early morning swims there, looking across to Montserrat and watching pelicans and, once, an osprey, fish in the water very close by to us. This little section of coast was perfect for me as a beginner snorkeller as well, no boats or big waves to worry about and I saw lots of beautiful reef fish and even a young barracuda just a few yards from the shore. Perfect Caribbean beaches with more sand and surf were just a few minutes drive away - Nest, Turners and Darkwood were all fabulous in their own individual ways. Although we explored a bit further afield as well I would have been quite content to spend the whole 8 days within a mile or two of the apartments. The garden at Reefview is beautiful and we saw lots of amazing wildlife from our own back door as well as enjoying times with Jabba, Ossy and Cassius. On the penultimate day of my trip we went out snorkelling on the reef with Nick & Karoll - a completely amazing experience which I won't ever forget, truly an underwater wonderland! Nick & Karoll are so welcoming & very good company, I don't think I've ever been made to feel more at home on a holiday. I would love to go back soon!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Coco Rose Guest House
#1 of 1 in Cades Bay
0 mi away
South Coast Ocean View Apartments

Been to ReefView Apartments? Share your experiences!