My partner and I spent 10 nights at the Reefview apartment.
We were looking for a private apartment instead of tourist villages or hotels because we prefer to “live” in contact with nature and folks.
We were lucky and easy found out the Reefview in internet.
We stayed at the Penthouse, the apartment at the second floor. Very clean and comfortable, fresh during night and with a nice sea view.
Our hosts, Karoll and Nick were really nice and helpful people, it seemed to be at home! They were at our disposal if was necessary and the briefing at our arrival - Karoll usually does with her guests - was so full of info (beaches, places where to eat, potentially tours, uses and costume of Antigua etc) that it seemed we would had been leaving in Antigua for several years!
We made two organized tours:
1) Barbuda F A N T A S T I C (I’m allergic to garlic and Karoll took care of my lunch - she called several times for my plain grilled fish!)
2) The snorkelling with Karoll and Nick’s boat. It was fantastic too because for 3 hours we had the boat at our disposal and they shown us a lot of fish together with a break with just cooked cake and fresh punch rum!
Karoll also provided us a jeep at the airport with a local rent company at a very convenient price. Despite our flight was late they were informed and ready to receive us when we landed.
It was an amazing vacation, with all we wanted and desired. 100% relaxing and enjoyable. We completely changed our life rhythms. Wake up quite early and go sleep quite early too!
After the sunset (only Sunday night there is a party at Shirley Hights) around 6:30pm everything is stopped. From the apartment you just eared the sound of the sea, the animals (birds, dogs, a rooster..) and sometime when Karoll and Nick have a check-in the “suffused” chat of new guests during the Welcome barbeque …don’t miss it!
We had an unforgettable holiday thanks to Antigua beaches and people, thanks to our jeep and a special thanks to our favourite hosts ever Karoll and Nick
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ReefView Apartments consist of three unique and fully equipped self catering holiday/vacation homes - each with full bathroom and kitchen - set in lush tropical gardens affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef just 1 mile offshore as well as neighbouring islands of Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Redonda. ReefView Apartments is located on the shores of the Cades Bay Marine Reserve in a quiet residential hamlet - just 100m from a long deserted sandy beach, fringed with coconut palms, with walk in snorkeling available right off the beach. The shallows flats which front the apartments for miles in each direction are also a haven for sports fishermen - offering shots at hard fighting game species such as tarpon, permit, snook, snapper and barracuda - to name but a few.... Ideal for independent travelers, who enjoy long beach walks in beautiful natural surroundings, exploring the many interesting facets of Antigua's history and geography and immersing themselves in the local culture to provide an experience far removed from the generic experience offered by most other resorts. Owned and operated by long time Antigua residents - Karoll and Nick Williams - we are always on hand to help you get orientated and to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! We very much look forward to welcoming you to our little piece of paradise - down by the sea..... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay