“Tarpon and Permit Fishing Antigua”

Fishing In Antigua With Captain Nick
Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you do nothing else, spend some time with a true gentleman who will teach you more about fly fishing in a day than you can learn in years alone. A 5am start for Tarpon, where I briefly hooked one but lost it due to not hooking correctly was a brief highlight of a fantastic 6hr session, we finished off walking the flats looking for Permit, also an amazing chance to have a brief but fantastic insight into fly fishing that is such an amazing experience to add to the collection. Nick is a great guy, who shares his depth of experience selflessly, with the sole aim of expanding your knowledge of the fish and the nature that surrounds them, which in the end is what we all should be looking for. A perfect day with a guy I feel I can now call a friend, and a true gentleman.

2  Thank Dave P

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Myself and my father in law had 2 great sessions tarpon fishing with nick. As previous posts have stated nick is very organised and is good to his word at being ready to fish for sunrise. We used our own tackle but he had spare tackle ready for us which was first rate so if you don't have your own tackle don't worry. We pushed out on the float tubes into the lagoon and straight away we saw tarpon rolling, I was fishing with one of nicks special tarpon flies I put out a short cast just to wet the fly, 2 pulls of the fly line and BOOM TARPON ON. 50 mins later I was holding a 35lb tarpon. Nick gave great advice when I was fighting the fish and I don't think I would have landed the fish without him being there. We hooked 3 more fish over the 2 sessions but lost them all, nick worked very hard to put us on the feeding fish and we were very greatful for all his hard work. I would advise anybody traveling to antigua who wants to go fishing for tarpon to get in touch with nick you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves and you will increase your chances of catching a fish of a life time.

3  Thank Pernodchaser