“Amazing hotel, amazing staff and service!”

The Dunmore Hotel & Residences
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunmore Town
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We just got back from The Dunmore and I have to say it was the most amazing vacation of my life! The hotel grounds are immaculately manicured and the people that work there actually became our friends! They were lovely, so friendly and knew every guest by name. Our room was always tidy- morning and evening someone came in to make the bed and leave fresh linens. The beds are the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on! The food was amazing! There was always coffee and tea and breakfast pastries out early in the morning and you could also opt to sit and order a full breakfast if you wanted as well. Dinners sitting out on the outdoor patio were wonderful and a beautiful setting! Really I could go on and on! We loved every detail and every second of our stay!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Joantips

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed at The Dunmore for a wedding and it couldn't have been more lovely. The staff were wonderful and very accommodating, the place was gorgeous and refined without any pretentions. The food all over the island was amazing so the food at The Dunmore could have been better, the beds were comfortable, the stay very very expensive.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank theluxuriant
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I could not agree with the reviewer GeeBee more - the Dunmore used to be a hidden gem where the staff knew you by name and did their best at accommodating you. The new owners and management simply do not care. I have been visiting Harbour Island for over 30 years and stayed at the Dunmore countless times and may never again.

I recently wrote the hotel to book a room for two nights this May of 2012, as two nights was all that was available for my desired time slot, and got a return reply from the manager saying that they would not allow me to rent for only two nights so I guess they lose out on a few thousand dollars due to the ignorance of the new management.

Truthfully, I am not sure why I was even going to stay their again anyhow as my previous stay several months earlier was mediocre at best. I arrived at noon and they even though the room was already cleaned and serviced they refused to allow me to put my bags in the room and get into a bathing suit to relax, instead we sat in the sun in jeans for an hour before we decided to use the restaurant bathroom to change and wash our faces. The old cook Ryan is no loner there either and the food shows.

All said and done, the property, location and beach are gorgeous, the renovations are definitely top of the line, and will not disappoint. Bottom line though - just do not expect to get any better service than your local truck stop, they will expect you to act privileged to stay with them. My two star rating is not for the accommodations it is for the owners and the staff that are there to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: I would recommend just getting a garden view room as the view of the beach is indirect even with the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank SPavman
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This will be an easy review - The Dunmore is amazing! We had a beach-view bungalow that was perfect for my family. Tastefully decorated. Immaculate. The property sits on the beach, has all you need (beach attendants take care of your every need). Nice pool, with outdoor but covered workout equipment adjacent. Restaurant is fabulous. And the bar was exceptional as well. Grounds are clean, and lovely. Perhaps best of all - the staff is as good as any resort I've ever stayed. Knowledgable, friendly, and empowered to take care of anything that needs taking care of.

Harbour Island, Bahamas is a wonderful destination (if you haven't been there..GO!), and The Dunmore is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Dunmore is a combination of both old-world charm and modern-day conveniences. It is beautiful in its simplicity. The new owners have done an excellent job of maintaining a Bahamian look and feel. The staff are warm and hospitable. Staying there, one feels like a valued guest at the home of an old friend.

Room Tip: Acqua South is heavenly for couples. White South is the perfect room for a couple with two small ch...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We just got back from the Dunmore yesterday and I must say it was a wonderful experience. The property is beautiful. It looks exactly like it does in the pictures on the website. The customer service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and on a first name basis with every guest.

Our room was very comfortable. I must say it was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in in a while. The only comment I would make on the room is the size of the bathroom. We stayed in a standard room and the bathroom was a little small. Not an issue at all but I would suggest paying an extra $50 to upgrade to a deluxe room.

I want to comment on the breakfast since there has been some recent negative posts regarding this part of the service. The Dumore must have taken note of customer reviews because the breakfast was nothing like others have said. There is no continental breakfast anymore. Instead you have a choice of any entree, side and drink off the entire breakfast menu free of charge. They offer oats, yogurt, eggs, fruit and pancakes plus fresh juices so the menu is rather expansive.

We would definitely go back again. Overall a wonderful stay and worth every penny in my view.

Room Tip: Go with the deluxe room over a standard for an extra $50. Some ocean view rooms are just as good as...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric P
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of january and booked the hotel mainly because of the good reviews compared to other hotels on the island and because of the great photos on their website and on their Facebook site. Although the price is high leveled, we definitely will be back. Everything was like the photos promised it to be. The place and the property is beautiful and perfect because every detail is right on the point. The Staff is very friendly and caring. Dinner and lunch was delicious. Of course - the continental breakfast could have offered a little bit more variation (fruits for example). But that is truly the only thing to complain about.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 9 in Harbour Island
The Cove Eleuthera
The Cove Eleuthera
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town

Been to The Dunmore Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!