“Good place to stay than staying in thr city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newtown Inn

Newtown Inn
Ranked #13 of 78 Hulhumale B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“Good place to stay than staying in thr city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is relatively new compared to other hotels in the area. Pickup was good from the airport and staff has been very friendly throughout the my stay of 5 nights. It is convenient place to reach by bus or taxi. Rooms are good & staff takes effort to maintain them.
Breakfast is simple but served quickly. I would suggest them to bring more variety for breakfast items because long staying guests like me would feel better with the variety.
Rest everything is perfect with the hotel & I am definitely going to come back here again being a regular business traveller to Male.

Room Tip: try to get a room on higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Newtown I, Manager at Newtown Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
On Behalf of Newtown Inn Management, I would like to Thank you for your generous comment. and I will ensure that on your future visit and future guest we will include more items in our breakfast provided specially for the long stay guest.

Newtown Inn Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Fair price for the Maldives in small hotel near the airport in Male. If you need a place to rest before or after your flight in, this is a good option. They will pick you up at the airport and there is a good Indian restaurant downstairs from the rooms. The rooms are decent and the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a Male city tour. There is nothing of much interest there and it is a waste of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newtown I, Owner at Newtown Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
On behalf of Newtown Inn Management, I would like to Thank You for your generous comment on our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your two night stay with us...and I am sorry that the Male' City Tour was not up to your expectation...I will review this matter and see what I can do to improve.

Once again, Thank you and see you Next Year..

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Even we didn't stay at the hotel, we found them accidentally looking for the tours in maldives. The staff was very helpful and gave us best prices comparing to other hotels around! Special thanks to Mazef who helped us out finding the resort and adventure trip!

Stayed June 2014
Newtown I, Manager at Newtown Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your generous comment regarding Newtown inn. We are always happy to give a good service and make the customer satisfy weather if the guest is staying in Newtown inn or walk in guest. We make sure that at the end of the day the guest leaves with a smile.
Hope your next visit you will choose Newtown Inn

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Newtown Inn is a perfect hotel to stay for a few day's. The staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are clean and have a good bathroom with a very good shower. Breakfast is simple but good and very nice on the balcony.
Downstairs is a very good Indian restaurant with tasteful meals.
Bus stop is in front of the hotel and 3 stops from the ferry.
Overall we had a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms on the upper floor. (bigger rooms)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weenjoy2620
Newtown I, Owner at Newtown Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
On behalf of the Newtown Inn Management, I would like to thank you generous comment. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and would like to know your next visit will be much more better than your last stay.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Maldives is an exotic location and often termed very expensive. We did a lot of research and came across Newtown Inn. I'll list down the reasons to pick this hotel

1. There are two ways to see Maldives - Either stay at a Private Resort - which is very expensive or else stay near the locals.

This hotel is on same island as the Airport - 7 minutes after leaving airport we were in our room. We get a chance to interact with locals which is awesome.

2. Cleanliness. This is a 10 room boutique hotel. Its very newly built - November last year - hence everything is new, the paints look fresh, the floors are clean and well maintained and we did not find a single item - broken or not working in our room

3. Very good facilities - The bathroom fittings and room lighting systems are top notch. TV has Airtel DTH connection. For people travelling from India, watching TV was like being at home - all channels available including HD

4. Location - Bang opposite the hotel is the bus stop - to reach Hulhumale Ferry Terminal. You can also walk to the terminal in 15 minutes. But buses are very efficient, cheap and frequent. From terminal, one can reach Male in 20 minutes

There are several stores next to the hotel - to pick up groceries, food, milk etc. and the hotel doesn't mind carrying our food as well as water

5. Staff - Cordial and Friendly

6. Indian Food - There is an Indian Restaurant on the ground floor - Bombay Darbar - nice food

7. Things to do - Since the charges are unlike private resorts, one can spend lavishly on water sports and things to do. The hotel also arranges several trips and activities

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ShrenikAjmera
Dear Shrenik AJmera

On behalf of the Newtown Inn Management, I would like to thank you for giving us a nice review. And we are happy that you and your family had a absolutely wonderful vacation in Maldives. We assure you that on your next trip there will be more to come.

See you next year.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a great little hotel if you need a place to stay prior or after your main stay. It is a small boutique hotel and they really do treat you very well. The rooms are small but are modernized. As soon as you come to check in, you are greeted with a small glass of juice since it is so hot out. They will carry your luggage up the stairs to your room no matter how heavy they are. The owner was nice enough to give me all the details on getting around by bus and even exchanged some money at the local price. They have a little Indian restaurant in the lobby. I thought it was going to be horrible but it was actually awesome! We wound up eating 2 meals a day there for 2 days. The naan w potatoes, garlic and parsley was the best I ever had and I'm from Manhattan!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank adam r
Dear Adam

On behalf of the hotel management and the team, we would like to thank you for your generous comment on our hotel and restaurant. Though we are small, we always try to keep our service level on high standard and we will be continuing doing it, and grow.

We hope that your next visit, you will stay with us again.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have been to Maldives for my honeymoon trip, since my budget was average I decided to stay in a hotel where my criteria was (average rate , not far from airport , not in male city, near to sea beach). This hotel is perfect match for my requirement. After my long stay in this hotel i felt people are very good(Owner is indian), they have their own restaurant so you can expect indian food there. I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Newtown I, Manager at Newtown Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for the generous comment. We are glad that your stay in our hotel was a good memorable experience. We always try to make our guest as comfortable at our hotel. See you next year.

Mazin