“A nice evening for friends & family”
Review of De Malte

De Malte
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in San Gwann
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Experience the all new dining concept at 'De Malte' Trattoria & Pizzeria...Famously known for its genuine food quality & welcoming service. Offering an exquisite menu along with a variety of daily specials.Open Daily from 10:30 -14.00, 17.00 - 22:30
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I like going to places where we know someone from the staff.
Not just in hope for a better service and meal BUT for the whole feeling from the moment you step in; that makes you feel you are home with people around you that you feel good with.
We were with family and knowing the staff as well, we enjoyed the whole night in that cosy restaurant beside the church of San Gwan.
They already prepared for Christmas and the lights with the decoration put us in the festive season in an instant.
Ordering one of the specialties `The Momo`s Pasta` ... had a great main course. Even nicer to find out that the restaurant makes this pasta itself!
The cherry on cake was the dessert that I saved place even if I was full: The red vevlet cake, excellent!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We enjoy going for dinner. ..especially on Friday. Great food and great value for money.....especially barbecue ribs. Very friendly staff...This is the place to be and will want to go at de malte... again and again

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My first visit and it was a good one. The unassuming facade in San Gwann next to the big church (coincidentally where my parents got married) leads you into a relatively large space that feels new and fresh. I was pleasantly surprised, as I'd heard that this was a cafe; but looking around at the various bottles of 'drink me' looking wine, i'd say De Malte ticks quite a few boxes. You could probably go here at any time of the day, and you'd be wholeheartedly satisfied.

For us it was lunch (and for me, I'd missed breakfast so was in a brunchy mood). After a couple of cups of good old fashioned breakfast tea, we ate soup to start. I had the soup of the day which was a delicious homemade mushroom and my parents had fish soup which had a few mussels in it and tasted very fishy! In a good way! To accompany was homemade (on the premises) Maltese bread so fresh it was still hot from the oven - amazing. It's not often I say that about bread, and usually I try to avoid it but at Da Malte I simply had no say in the matter! That was followed up with whole seabass, half a roast chicken (Tennessee style) and ham & cheese omlette (that was mine). Free wifi meant I could catch up on emails after, whilst I sipped on a freshly squeezed orange juice. The staff are all really friendly, the whole place has a family-run vibe to it.

I would go back when I next visit, and I'd go at night at the weekend and drink one (or two) of the lovely looking bottles of red wine they had on display. And I'd have a nice steak; or a pasta. Till next time!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you do not know where to eat and wish a nice decent place for a fast dinner (Lunch) this is the place. we have ravjul, tortellini and a wrap. All were excellent. Drinks are given in a 0.5 bottles. Wine list prices just right. For a complete meal without desserts, 3 adults, less than € 20. Where can you eat so good and so cheap?

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I stopped at De Malte for lunch last week. The pumpkin soup was delicious as were the baked tuna pies, just out of the oven. Customer service was also very pleasant. What a treat. We will be back.