“Beautiful Loch Awe”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loch Awe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Loch Awe
Loch Awe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loch Awe
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Loch Awe”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

On route to Inveraray, we stopped for lunch on our coach trip at the beautiful Loch Awe Hotel on Loch Awe. We had sandwiches for lunch and as the bar was open we decided to have a beer too. The weather was lovely and mild and we sat outside taking in the stunning view, beautiful scenery as far as the eye can see. I could have happily stayed there until dusk. We could see the 15th century ruins of Kilchurn Castle across the Loch. Great photo opportunity.

1 Thank Margaret M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Evesham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

freindly staff nice food but we stayed in room 2 which had veiws of the bins the window was screwed shut so no air and after 6 in morning banging doors with deliv eries etc allso could here tumble dryers or washing machines till late veiws of lake beautifull

Room Tip: do not choice room 2
3 Thank Judith F
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is our second visit to this hotel. We traveled on a 5 day last minute holiday with Lochs and Glens.
This hotel has a perfect setting beside the loch. Some rooms have this view unfortunately ours did not on this visit, however our view was pleasant towards the road with a wood beyond not a problem as you can see the Loch from all the public areas, which are in turn well furnished with comfortable chairs. Good well stocked bar at reasonable prices for an hotel.
The food was excellent with a good choice. They seem to cater for all tastes etc. Nothing is too much trouble for all the staff, these hard working people need a special mention as they are first class.
I am not an evening entertainment person so cannot comment on this. A chat with other guests and a couple of drinks is the order of the day making use of the comfortable chairs and Loch views.
Our room was spotless, well furnished for a 5 day stay. The shower room was large and to me appeared brand new. Everything worked perfectly.
I must say every thing was perfect so what more can I say. My wife is also over the moon with the place and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a Loch view but don't worry to much as the views as I said can be viewed from all public...
1 Thank AlanC470
rugeley
Reviewed 6 September 2013

First coach trip I have ever been on, I was a little apprehensive as I got told by a few people the average age of the people range from 50 to 90 and im only 45, well what can I say from being picked up at 7.30 in the morning and reaching the hotel about 5 which is beautiful. All the staff were brilliant, the hotel spotless, the food great, the drinks are Very Very cheap and one of the drivers who took us out on a couple of trips James was fantastic he had everyone laughing all the time, really really nice, I would recommend lochs and glens holidays to everyone, one of the best holidays I have ever been on and cant wait to go on another one.

Room Tip: room 113 is stunning
4 Thank nicki663
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Oh my god I can't believe it. Still a month on, and I wish I was still there. Although that wont worry me as Lochs & Glens holidays have lots of trips there. Next time I may get a permit to fish the Loch. I have always fancied spinning.
The entertainment in the Hotel was great in the evening. I was way too tired most days from the daily coach trips Lochs & Glens holidays provided each day to attend the entertainment. But Robert the driver who now runs Eclipse Coach Tours, was sharper than the cursed blade.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Harry B
norwich
Reviewed 2 September 2013

another super holiday with lochs&glens.fine old hotel with good food and excellent staff {where do l&g find them}i travel on my own and l&g charge no single supplement although it does cut down the number of holidays bookable.once again made lovely friends, everyone on coach happy and friendly. recommended l&g to my cousin who came on a visit from new Zealand on a car tour around scotland.she thought they had got the bill wrong [£200 FOR TWO PEOPLE FOUR NIGHTS B&B &EVENING MEAL] unbelievable value.would recommend L&G to everyone either on coach or by car.looking forward to my next one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank olly47
Glos
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We visited Loch Awe Hotel in August with Lochs and Glens Tours, I would thoroughly recommend both the hotel and the tours, we had a lovely holiday and the hotel could not have been more pleasing. Yes the building is old, hence it's charm, the staff are fantastic and Yvonne the Hotel Manager should be proud of the good work that she is doing in keeping her team working hard and pleasing most of the clients that stay in this lovely location. The food and choice on the menu was far above what I would have expected for a tour holiday. I would not hesitate to return to this location and I would most certainly choose Lochs and Glens for another holiday in Scotland.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Strachur
Taynuilt Hotel
Taynuilt Hotel
#1 of 2 in Taynuilt

Been to Loch Awe Hotel? Share your experiences!