“amazing everything”
Review of Loch Awe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Loch Awe
Loch Awe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loch Awe
Reviewed 13 June 2014

amazing hotel in a most amazing location, the room was great and the staff very friendly and helpful, travelled with Lochs and Glens holidays and cant believe how good the value was. Will do it again. the day trips were also incredible to places I had never been before

Room Tip: looking out at the loch
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank haffeniceday

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have just returned from a 6 day holiday in this hotel yet again I was very impressed with the standard of accommodation the helpfulness and politeness of the staff. My room no,211 had a lovely view of the loch and apart from the shower which needs updating everything was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank susan w
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first holiday with Lochs and Glens. It was the most amazing value. We had lots of good trips out and saw so much beautiful countryside. The hotel was a lovely old building on the banks of Loch Awe. It even has its own railway station. The staff were all very pleasant and the food was very good. There was evening entertainment, and there was a very nice atmosphere. Lovely log fires burning in the big public rooms. I was a single traveller and had a room with two single beds and a good sized bathroom. There were no windows, apart from a skylight. However, there were superb views from all the public rooms. A very enjoyable holiday, and absolutely amazing value for money. A lovely venue and lovely people.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank WMM183G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from my first trip with Lochs & Glens and Dave as our driver. Excellent trip with plenty stops on the way. I was initially given room 36 which was tiny, stuffy & only a porthole for a window so high up I couldn't see out of it, but when I asked for another room the lady on reception was very nice & changed it straight away for a bigger room with a lovely view though I did wonder why I wasn't allocated the better room from the start . The only fault with this room was the draught coming through the window making it chilly sleeping but I solved this by turning the bed round!! You have to remember this hotel is quite old but very beautiful!
The excursions were good, the hotel food was lovely & I will definitely use Lochs & Glens again

Room Tip: Avoid room 36 at all costs!! I was given room 102 which looked out over the back gardens & moun...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jean G
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I came back yesterday from my first tour with Lochs and Glens and Kevin as our driver, and what a fabulous five days I had. I was in room 213 , with a stunning view, and I loved watching the train go by. It was clean and comfortable, and the double bed was super, i could have laid in it all day! I only had a shower, no bath, but that suited me fine, as we had a very busy three days, and packed a lot in which was great. You don't need the biscuits etc which you can bring yourself, and bring the ones you like. As long as you have tea and coffee that's all that matters.
We had such a warm and friendly welcome after our long journey, and our keys were already left in our doors which was good. The menu had plenty of choices and the food was always hot and tasty, do try the haggis, I loved it! The place runs like clockwork, but you never feel rushed, and the staff were first class. There was music every night, and you could sit there with a glass of wine, having a chat, and enjoying the view. The weather was also very kind to us, and I have this morning booked a trip next year at their newest hotel, so I am really looking forward to that. Thanks to everyone for a truly fantastic time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank timothyNorfolk
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have just returned from my 2nd Lochs & Glens holiday and will be going again. After a long trip up, with plenty of stops, we reached Loch Awe Hotel. I was with a group of 11 friends and we all fantastic views of the loch from our rooms. My room 209 has 3 rooms which give very impressive views over Loch Awe. The food, rooms, entertainment and trips were all of excellent standard and Dan was an excellent driver and tour guide. An added bonus was the weather, wet overnight but dry and sunny by day and almost too hot on Iona on a May Sunday afternoon. Highly recommend and will be back again

Room Tip: Room 209 is excellent for views and Room 201 good for disabled person in a wheelchair
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank 214Wiltslass
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here over Easter weekend couldn't fault it food lovely our driver morag very knowledgable of the area rooms spotless and the view was awesome we had a sherry reception on the sat nite and when we came for breakfast Easter sun we had a little eater egg on our plate lovey touch would definitely return

Room Tip: We emailed hotel asked for loch view and got it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Loch Awe Hotel? Share your experiences!