All reviews beach front friendship bay bequia beach lobster night beachfront suite lovely hotel live music laid back half board low season large balcony atlantic side the ground floor italian food restaurant bagatelle the general manager rum punch
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We did not stay at the Bequia Beach Hotel, but we did use the beach and the bar, we used the bar a lot, we were only in Bequia for the weekend but here was the highlight.
We had two bar stewards, the one on Saturday a young man was extremely pleasant and helpful about the hotel menu’s and just about any other questions we had, I’m disappointed I missed his name for this review.
On Sunday we had breakfast there food was good service was a bit on the slow side, I like coffee but had to keep asking or even going inside the ask the server for more coffee, which was a little sad considering the standard of the rest of the hotel.
The bar in the evening was manned (actually womaned) by Candy, again very knowledgeable about the island and mixed great drinks for us as to who was the best mixologist, I think I would need to go back try a few more of each and then decide all call it a draw!!
Overall our impression of the hotel was that of quite elegance, good service, great food and drinks.

Date of stay: August 2016
2  Thank qazxswed1290
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Location- hotel is right on a lovely beach-Friendship
Beach -calm with small waves to give your muscles an invigorating feel/massage
Staff - all very accommodating. special kudos to Keba,Isola,Eve & Chantelle (who went the extra mile to give me ginger tea when my stomach was acting up)
Room- simple with clean lines,luxurious and comfortable. Note -no TV
Grounds- well maintained and pleasing to the eye
Cuisine - tastefully done. Must try salt-fish balls and those home-baked bread for breakfast
All in all- a beautiful resort

Room tip: Beachfront. All other rooms have beautiful garden views
Date of stay: July 2016
2  Thank 141sunshine
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We have just returned from spending 12 nights at the BBH - it's a lovely hotel - we went for a Beach Front room which was perfect. One of my cases did not arrive (and although I thought I had packed enough clothing in my carry on for a few days I had accidentally packed by bikinis and coverup in the big case). As it was a Sat when we arrived and the shops were shutting the lovely girl arranged for a taxi to come up and take me to a small shop which stayed open for me in the port).

The room was excellent and the pool area is lovely with good beds and plenty of shade, similarly very good sun beds on the beach so you could move between the two. It was very quiet throughout our stay - a max of 10 guests and went down to 6 in the last week so the bar etc was quiet. Sadly we were not overly impressed with the food but this may have been down to the fact that the guest numbers were low and whilst we were on site a new executive chef was just coming on board to bring a little more flare to the menus. However, we loved the lobster feast eve and the live music was great.

We got out and about nearly every day and the staff were excellent with both recommending and booking taxis and restaurants. We will definitely return but probably just for a week as would combine this with a visit to Palm Island where we have stayed before as this would give the perfect fusion of holidays. They also make a very good Bloody Mary at the bar!

Room tip: Book a beach front room - we had a down floor beach front and could walk off our patio and onto the beach for our early morning dip.
Date of stay: May 2016
5  Thank Chapmanberkshire
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Only here for a couple of nights but really enjoyed the experience. Very pleasant staff and an extremely helpful receptionist. Rooms and food both good with great views. We would happily have spent longer here.

Room tip: Our room number 2 was up quite a few steps so if you have a problem then ask for a lower room.
Date of stay: April 2016
2  Thank davesalisbury6
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Although we have been to the Caribbean many times we have never been here. The hotel was wonderful, we d booked beachfront rooms, which were fab and had everything you d need, to the extent my husband insisted on sitting on the chaise long although we had plenty of comfortable chairs. The food was good, it excelled on the barbeque nights and the breakfasts were excellent, they could see you through until wine o'clock! The staff couldn't do more to help, and the owner was extremely friendly and hosted a drinks night once a week, in order for the visitors to meet. The only downer I would say is that the average age was 70, so us 50ers could visit more!! If one prefers the Caribbean ocean, then a short taxi ride, which was about 20 ECD, could take you there and also to a great walk by the ocean into the main town, along the way many lovely bars by the sea. Highly recommended. We had booked bed and breakfast, and talking to others, some had packages with drinks, and some including evening meal, so I think you could choose what you want. Do visit this hotel for complete relaxation.

Room tip: Beachfront were in our opinion the best.
Date of stay: February 2016