“Superb”

Belle Vue Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Llanllwni
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: British, Pub, Welsh, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Wales
“Superb”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It was my partners Birthday at the end of April and I wanted to take him somewhere special - so I suddenly thought I'd try the Belle again. I'm so glad I did. It was superb.

We took two of his sons along too and the eldest son said it was the best meal he'd ever had. Praise indeed!

They are always so helpful and if you or one of your party (particularly children) don't like a particular ingredient on the menu they will take it out or change it. Nothing is too much trouble.They bend over backwards to ensure you have a great meal.

My only slight crticism of this particular visit was the Duck Pancake I had for a starter. Although it was very pleasant ..... it wasn't exactly to my taste as I felt it could have done with the duck being cut into slightly larger flakes and a little more of it in there, but the other starters were excellent. The Rillette of Lamb I had for main course was simply delicious as were the other main courses (pork steak and chicken). ALL the food was served piping hot and on really HOT plates - which has ALWAYS been the case ... so I cannot understand the earlier (so called) "reviews" that complain the food was served cold. One of Andy and Sue's biggest beliefs has always been to serve piping hot food ... and they do! Methinks there might be some skullduggery going on there.

The Creme Brulee I had for dessert was divine and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

To sum up - this restaurant is in a league above all the others in this area .. it isn't cheap - but then it is definitely worth it.

The staff are always friendly and helpful.

My advice - do try it, but don't be in a rush ... as the food is always cooked freshly to order so it takes time.

Well done to all at the Belle for yet another great meal. We will definitely be back. Our hope is that they continue to have local support and can prosper in these difficult times.They deserve it.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank DaffodilDai

Libya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Belle Vue”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

For a small establishment it certainly produces BIG! The quality of food is second to none and the themed nights are in a class all of thier own. The price is minimal compared to the quality and quantity. The Lemon cheesecake is so light it floats out to the table. We have been many times and it is well recommended

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Normtheshore
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited the Belle Vue while we were staying on a nearby farm. Sunday lunch was really good and the beeef was melt-in-your mouth delicious. The children were very pleased with their lunches too and we all made room for a scrumptious pudding. Worth a visit if you are in the area.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Andrea H
Llandysul, United Kingdom
“not worth money”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Not your usual bar meal, either set menu or from the other menu, you will need a mortgage to pay for it, very expensive. Nothing much under £15.00 and what we did ask for it wasn't available. Nice setting and staff friendly but that's it.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank william m
TheBelleLlanllwni, Owner at Belle Vue Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
To clarify your points:
Our midweek set menu and lunch set menu offers a main course with a dessert for only £12.50 and a first course, main and dessert for £14.95, this includes vegetables and potatoes and on our ‘main’ menu half of the dishes we offer are actually below £15 also inclusive of vegetables and potatoes.
Overpriced? Really?
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Always superb”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This place has excellent real ale and the cooking is carried out by trained chefs - the cheaper Tues-Fri restricted choice menu is outstanding value. We've had around 30 meals there and each has been terrific.

• Visited December 2013