We found Bay View Inn on the web. We spoke w/ the owner's wife, who had misrepresented the place and the boat. She told us that the place was nice and well kept and that the boat was new and had a GPS, Depth finder, and she thought a fish finder (but was not sure on that). She also told us that we had use of the boat for as long as our rental was. And she said we could take it to Cuba if we wished (we didn't of course)When we arrived at 6:15pm on May 15, the owner and wife were already gone. The keys were left in the door. The place was filthy. Not vacuumed and the rugs were extremely stained. (I have a video of the room). There was a very poorly constructed wall that separated our room from another room with 2inches of plaster over the wall and face plates. We weren't buying it so it didn't bother us that much, but certainly not like she had explained it to me. We had spent alot of time on the web weeks before looking for places and there were very few available then, so we knew it would be extremely difficult trying to find one while down there and we were only there for 3days. The next day we had use of the boat. Right from the beginning it was very difficult to start. Taking us almost an hour each time we stopped to try to start it up again. We decided to confront the owner with the problems we had been having. We asked him for towels as our room had not been cleaned and we were forced to use the same towels. In Florida wet things tend to mold up quickly, so they really smelled. We also asked him to fill up the boat as he had indicated it was low on gas and we could only use his gas (though his prices are more than others). He said, "I can't get your towels and i can't get your gas because I am leaving." Bang, right then he blew up and told us was disappointed in the condition we left the boat in. Mind you, it was a fishing boat and we had just arrived at the dock, so no time to clean it. We figured we would cool off a bit and jumped in the pool. Moments later he came by with a pool sign “closed” and demanded that we leave the pool immediately. At that point I informed him that he had no customer service and his place was in dire need of cleaning, so maybe his priority should not be in going home, but rather in cleaning the place and taking care of the customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on Conch Key, in the middle of the Florida Keys, as we say…”in the middle of paradise.” Centrally located for the best snorkeling, diving, and sportfishing in the Keys. We also have boat rentals on site. The Bayview Inn is a perfect vacation in the Florida Keys for fishermen, families, birdwatchers, and sports enthusiasts. We have a boat ramp, we sell gasoline, we have plenty of protected dockage, and our convenience store sells frozen bait, fishing supplies. We have a pool and a private beach area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your BayView Inn Motel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View Inn Motel And Marina Hotel Conch Key
- BayView Inn Motel And Marina Conch Key, Florida Keys