Domaine l'Amourette
US$92
US$88
US$99
US$96
Kyriad Libourne - Saint Emilion(Libourne)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$80
Hotel Mercure Libourne Saint-Emilion(Libourne)(Great Value!)
US$108
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall gardenprivacyjamssuitestbordeaux
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed for just one night, and how much I wish we could have stayed longer! The house is stunning, with its interior design to match. Alexandra and Arnaud were the perfect hosts, and made us feel at home instantly. We arrived at Domaine de l'Amourette around dinner time, where Alexandra was preparing home made plum jam at the table in the garden. We were curious about the history of the house, and they were more than happy to indulge us in our curiousity. We were beginning to get hungry and so they suggested that we go to a restaurant in St Emillion. We did, and it was delicious! Our room was beautifully decorated, and exactly what I imagined for a romantic weekend away. And don't get me started on the breakfast...divine! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was incredibly lucky that Domaine L'Amourette had a last minute cancellation and I got to stay there one night on my bike tour in the South of France... Everything was perfect and the owners are sweet, generous, friendly and accommodating.

My cool room "The Coco Chanel" was beautiful, calm and clean with that amazing light you get in the South of France... After visiting St. Emilion during the day, my advice is not to stay there with all the tourists... just next door is a seriously authentic B&B in a gorgeous building with a cool family... Arnaud makes a great omlette and some amazing canelles too! A great experience! I'll be back... highly recommended.

Room Tip: Coco Chanel is on 2 floors with uniquely designed furniture and huge 4-post bed.. really a fun place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed at Domaine L'Amourette for a week with friends and we all had a wonderful time.
Alexandra and Arnaud who run the place are the perfect hosts who made us welcome straight away. They restored the buidling with much love and attention to detail which shows in the beautiful decorated rooms (I had the Chanel suite which was spacious and very quite) and the public rooms downstairs.
Nearly every morning we woke up to the smell of fresh baked cakes and the breakfast was simply wonderful and included homemade jams and tasty omletts with herbs from their garden.
Alexandra and Arnaud were always there to answer questions and had many valuable tips for exploring the area (incl. wine tastings, good shops, restaurants, night markets, etc.). When I missed my flight they were also really helpful and uncomplicated and accommodated me although they were fully booked.
I can only recommend Domaine L' Amourette to anyone who visits the area more - it is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at L'Amourette last week with two friends. This place was ideally situated to explore the Bordeaux vineyards. With an enchanting small garden space - which is home to some plucky chickens and one very sweet dog - it was also a wonderful place to sit and plan adventures. The rooms were simply, tastefully and beautifully appointed; our room had a lovely soaking tub, which would have got more use if we had stayed longer! The house is full of charm throughout and the same attention was paid to breakfasts, complete with homemade jams (try the "Christmas" jam - so delicious), cooked to order farm-fresh eggs and the most wonderful homemade chocolate cake. Our hosts Alexandra and Arnaud were the most memorable aspect of our stay - so helpful and warm! They directed us to a night market in a nearby town, where we saw them dining on local escargot and duck and joined in. Would love to come back again for a stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Wonderful location in the Bordeaux / St. Emilion region, very quiet, huge rooms (some of them two-storeyed) and a lush garden. The host family (Alexandra and Arnaud with their little daughter) are incredibly helpful with tips about vineyards, restaurants and markets in the area. The breakfast is legendary and mostly homemade. A warm and welcoming place where you definitely want to stay longer than just one night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business