“Great Value, Good Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat

Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Muscat
Lexington
“Great Value, Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The polite, helpful Midan staff and my comfortable, well apportioned one bedroon suite made my first visit to Muscat a delight. Midan's location put me close to most of the city's important features, which turned out to be a real benefit in a city that is so very spread out. The staff happily helped with taxis, faxes and maps, and I had great coordination for my late night arrival. The continental breakfast is adequate, not spectacular, but the in-house Thai restaurant is well worth a visit. I highly recommend the Midan; it has the feel of a smoothly run hotel, and it more than earns its three stars.

Room Tip: Having a kitchen, medium refrigerator, washing machine and iron/ironing board provided in-room was a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Michael M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Salmiyah, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

It's my first time in Muscat and I spent 3 nights in one bedroom suite; it's spacious, clean, comfortable and well furnished. Staff is very friendly and helpful in both, the reception and in the restaurant. Location of the hotel is good as it's near to the beach, the grand mosque and to the airport. Just forget about the breakfast as the variates are very limited (cheese and jam), although I strongly recommend the Thai restaurant which serving a la carte very delicious Thai recipes

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank HaniY
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying in this nice hotel in the lovely country of Oman.

Many things which surprised me:
1. The studio apartment which I booked was BIG, almost enough to accommodate a family of atleast 4 if beds are arranged. I was staying alone there and felt kinda empty in the spacious room.
2. Apartment was exceptionally clean.
3. Complete kitchen facilities, it was a pity that I didnt use.
4. Internet was pretty fast.
5. The rate of the room is really inexpensive.

Something could have been better would be the breakfast choices & TV channels. But that was just me and I think the positive points about this nice hotel are enough to overshadow the little flaw about food choices and TV.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank DHwang
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I really recommeded this hotel, not only the staff is very nice room with a perfect comfort and direction always ready for you aidez.J 'I'm a stay in June and to my surprise! the Omani people are very open and friendly, trustworthy.

Cordialement.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Dalila I
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a one bedroom suite which was very generously sized with large rooms and a balcony. It was spotlessly clean, well furnished and the hotel itself is under 40 rooms and quite homely.

Service was excellent and the owner, Mac is a very friendly and hospitable Australian who goes out of his way to make guests comfortable.

The location is good and quite central and about 800 mtrs from the beach. Staff are friendly, professional and helpful. The gym is small but functional (only missing a bike and some free weights). They offer free wifi, very reasonable room rates (mine was approximately $100 a nite), and has a Thai restaurant and coffee corner on the property. A buffet breakfast is also on offer.

All in all a very good spot and would recommend it for families and business visitors alike particularly if you are on an extended stay.

Muscat itself is developing rapidly and is worth a visit if one is in the region.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank HotelHawkess
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We have stayed for 8 nights in the 2 bedroom suite, and I must say we do not have any major complaints. The apartment was very big, clean and comfortable, equiped with everything you need for a summer vacation. The service was very good and responsive, the cafe and restaurant also according to expectations. We have had small inconveniences like shisha smoke from other guests' kitchen in the apartment, or main electrical switch reset a couple of times, but nothing severe anyway. We will definetly book again the same hotel!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrana
Muscat, Masqat, Oman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Alright, this is my first review so don't judge me too hard. Overall it's a very nice hotel taking into account that there's not so many hotels in Muscat that offering a kitchen. My room had a big leaving room, separate kitchen and bedroom so it's like an apartment ! It was a good very clean suite. Great ! It's a great place for families and whoever like to cook themselves when they stay in a hotel. I know they even have a 2 bedroom suites if you have a family. There're, however, few thing that bugged me during a stay. First thing when I checked in it was super hot in a suite and it took air conditioners good couple hours to cool it down, also air condition in a bedroom was less efficient than the one in a living room (I'm not a specialist but the power light was blinking, whatever it means). Anyway, by the end of the day it was nice and cool and I had a great time. Guess what happen on the second day when I came back from an office? Right, the AC's were off !!! All of them ! And it was hot like hell again! Why the hell someone would switch AC's off in a suite that currently occupied. I called reception and asked them to tell housekeepers to leave my AC's alone and don't touch them. After that the issue was resolved. The second thing that bugged me a lot is a strong smoke smell in a lobby and in a restaurant which is in a lobby as well. I haven't seen people smoking there but I'm sure it's allowed to smoke in a lobby, otherwise why there would be such a strong smoke smell. For that particular reason I did not go eat dinner at the restaurant but I still had to have a breakfast there because I did not have much time in a morning to look for a breakfast place. I just can't eat at the places where people smoke. And the last thing that disappointed me was another issue with an air conditioner - the one in a gym. On my first visit to a gym it was off so I could not exercise as it would be the same as to exercise outside so I had to turn it on and come back in a morning. The sign next to the AC said something like - this AC was pre-adjusted and set at the comfortable temperature for your exercise. As you can guess there's no remote to change the temperature. The problem was that when I came in the morning after I switched the AC on the temperature was still not cool enough and it did not feel comfortable at all. In the end they advertise themselves as a 4-star hotel and I believe I can honestly give them only 3 stars. Other than these few moments the stay was pleasant and I enjoyed a kitchen and spacious living room so if you don't exercise every day and can live with a smoking smell in a restaurant and need a place with a kitchen Midan Suites would be a great place to stay. I know some visitors said it was hard to get a taxi to this place but I had a rental car so it's hard for me to evaluate it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business