“2ND Review: Friday buffet, impeccable service, stunning presentation, and delicious food.”

Asado South American Steakhouse
Ranked #35 of 473 Restaurants in Muscat
Price range: US$16 - US$104
Description: Over the years, South American cuisine has had a number influences due to its ethnic fusion and historically, the consumption of carne asada (roasted meat) has been popular through much of the continent where it is not uncommon to grill in the open air, or asado. Asado South American Steakhouse pays tribute to these traditions, bringing the finest South American flavors to Muscat. Distinctively designed interiors, impeccable service and all-time favorite South American dishes are the hallmark of Asado, serving the finest quality ceviches, steaks, grilled meats and seafood, all expertly paired with an international selection of beverages. Dedicated to staying true to its roots, Asado brings the finest South American flavors to Muscat.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I was staying at the Sheraton after a hectic week to relax, after getting a good night sleep in my room, I went downstairs to Asado to try their Friday buffet. I was welcomed by smiles and I chose a table after reviewing the food offerings. Tons of stunningly plated appetizers and ceviche that are eye catching and mouth watering, not only that but the taste matches the beautiful appearance, which is the very essence of fine dining.

The chef at this place really knows what he is doing: perfect plating and garnish, dishes with the right amount of complexity that burst with pleasant flavor, the marrying of different tastes of the ingredients is something unique to this restaurant, and I can comfortably say, is something that you cannot find anywhere else in Muscat.
My waiter was (Wasantha) for this time as well, and as usual he was very friendly and very helpful, when I asked about the type of Champagne they were serving he replied “proper Champagne from France, sir” which really made me immediately happy, he poured my Champagne and put the bottle on ice, when I noted to him that a Champagne stopper should be used he replied :” Yes, sir” and seconds later he showed up with the stopper and fixed it on the bottle!, I was half joking but that, but the attention and response in service really made me feel so happy and so appreciated.
The food was not only good, but it was a unique culinary experience in Oman, I had an hors d'oeuvre of Norwegian smoked salmon with herbs and an Asian touch, the marrying of flavors pleased my palate and put a smile on my face, I chewed on my food enjoying the flavors and, nodding my head in approval.

The service is “lightning” quick, you feel like you are the focus of the staff all the time, everything was done right, done properly, done with passion with great dedication, taking the extra mile to please the customer. This is a served- at – your – table style buffet, you choose the item and it will be brought to you and you can walk around and select anything your heart desires from the seemingly endless array of hors d'oeuvres, a feast fit for a king: cold cuts, pork selection and exclusive selection of cheese from France.
A lady from the hotel staff introduced herself to me and apologized that I was the only one at the buffet, it was nice and off course I didn’t mind, I was there for the food.

After one bottle of Champagne, two glasses of wine, and many dishes of beef, pork and salmon, I realized that it was the end time for the buffet so I left with a smile on my face and an invigorating feeling after a satisfying meal, it wasn't just the food and the presentation, it was the taste, the service and the atmosphere that made this more than a mere lavish buffet but, a memorable experience and the proof of this is the fact that I am writing this review months after I was there.
I really wish that Asado will prosper here in Oman, and for me, as someone who appreciates good food, my money will always go to this place if I want a fine dining experience because they get it right.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Very attentive and friendly staff, making a late night business dinner a great experience.

The burger was one of the best ones I've had in a long time, and the hand cut fries made my colleague go crazy for more.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Great choice of food during the Friday brunch, which is partly buffet and partly menu. Cheese, ham and ceviche are of extraordinary quality. Not for vegans !! Asado basically means barbeque ...

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The award winning Asado South American Streak House is located on the Lobby Floor of the Sheraton Oman Hotel.

If one is looking for a great 5 star meal you must try this restaurant. Before I selected the Steak House I looked at both the Courtyard and the Asado Ala Carte Menu’s. I preferred the Steak House over the Courtyard, and I am glad as I was not disappointed.

The décor of the Asado South American Streak House is really unique as the walls are tailored with actual cattle hides making it quite distinctive. You have several choices of seating from a bar type stool to a raised platform at the rear of the restaurant.

The menu was quite nice with a selection of four sea food items. To start I had a nice cold draft beer from the “Lounge” which is next door and really the hotels only “Bar”.. I then selected a ‘nice mixed’ white wine from Australia, which was a mixture of a Semillon and Chardonnay grape’s…quite nice.

You must try their Tomato Bisque Soup as well as one of their “Snacks” what I call appetizers…it was fresh Octopus, with two potato wedges and a nice side sauce. My entrée was a very good Sea Bass with a fantastic Béarnaise Sauce. To top it off I had a great homemade Lemon Sherbet.

The service was tops, with very friendly and knowledgeable servers.

All in all one must not miss the opportunity of dining at the Asado South American Streak House a meal to long remember!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is our first visit to the newly renovated hotel and restaurant. We were first impressed by the luxurious decor and layout of the restaurant. The waiters were courteous and friendly.

The food took some time to be prepared but in the meanwhile we got some complimentary appetizers which was very nice (can't remember the name). When the food arrived it was DEFINITELY worth the wait.

We also got some complimentary macaroons for dessert!

In summary: