“Good hotel but expensive”
Review of Ibis Muscat

Ibis Muscat
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed 23 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ibismuscat, General Manager at Ibis Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Looking at the brand name, I chose this hotel for staying for approx 3 weeks during my work trip. However have to check out in the middle due to the poor service. Had to shift my rooms 2 times within first 4 days and finally the third room was ok. However, seeing the service quality, I later decided to move on.

Do check if the room temperature control is working fine. All the 3 rooms in which I had stayed had faulty temperature control and finally they agreed to change the temperature control unit in the last room.

The only plus point here was the breakfast. I liked it. However, they should change the menu as it normally a standard menu throughout the week.

Overall not satisfied.

Room Tip: If you are not from the gulf - please ensure that the room temperature control is working fine. Else...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank prateekgupta25

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for chosing ibis Muscat as your hotel during your last stay in Muscat

Based on your comments we have clearly failed to meet your expectations during your stay and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and lack of service you experienced.

We will perform additional trainings for our entire team and review our procedures to ensure we provide entire satisfaction to our future guest and avoid such disappointing experience.
It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Muscat, Oman, or to any of our properties worldwide.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Comparing Ibis hotel in Europe this one is much better. Nice personal , room clean, good breakfast and also good self service dinner in the hotel restaurant.
Very near to Grand Mall but still too far for walking.
Generally good hotel with good service

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.
Be assured that your message will be passed on to our team who have contributed to your satisfaction.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel was generally far better than any Ibis I have stayed at in the UK. Some nice touches - free wifi and breakfast served until 10, with a smaller selection served until midday. Excellent staff, all very helpful and speaking perfect English (unlike some taxi drivers etc)
Only gripe is I was put into a smoking room by default. I am sure they would have changed it but after a long flight once I got in to the room I didn't really fancy going back down to reception so just went to bed. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.

We would like to thank you for your nice comment about our hotel and especially and the kindness of our team.
Do not hesitate to contact us for your future booking to arrange for you a non smoking room and have a pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Ibis hotels are always a safe choice in terms of comfort and cleanliness, this was no exception. the bed was incredibly comfortable and block out blinds kept the room very dark. It was quiet in terms of outside noise, you can hear the call to prayer but it is quite muted, and you will hear this just about wherever you stay. There was a bit of inside noise, particularly from the lift, but that would only bother a very light sleeper. The free wifi was great and there were English satellite channels on tv. The bathroom was very clean with good shower pressure. I think its a bit yuk that the towels are right next to the toilet bowl and the bin hits them when you open it... But I am a bit fussy in that regard.

Mustafa at the lobby was very friendly and helpful, everyone else seemed somewhat bumbling. They allowed me to have a late check out for which I was very grateful but the message mustn't have filtered through as I got a very curt phone call asking why I hadn't checked out. The Ibis really isn't cheap and I was surprised that the tariff didn't cover breakfast. I wonder if it is really worth the cost. Also the cabs from there are really expensive. OMR$3 to the mall is just ridiculous. Still, you know what you're getting with Ibis, and that's a bonus.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.

You could always arrange your breakfast with our team at reception should it not be included in your booking

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel provided everything one would expect and the staff were very helpful giving us advice on possible tours, able to leave luggage after check-out and so on. It is mainly a hotel for business people and was a little far from the main tourist attractions. The dining room had a good breakfast buffet but the other meals were fairly poor both for food and service. The lady in charge worked hard but was let down by some under-trained staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.

We will ensure that training is reinforce to ensure our team is providing expected service

Reviewed 24 April 2014

like all the other Ibis I stayed in, this hotel is very convenient, comfortable and the price is very good compared to all other Muscat hotels. Rooms are spacious, and like other ibis in Gulf countries, you have a kettle and complimentary coffee and tea in your room (too bad they don't apply it too to Ibis hotels in Europe). Breakfast is very tasty and the front desk staff very kind and helpful. the only drawback I had was some problems with the AC, impossible to adjust the temperature and it was always freezing.
Having said that, if you're going on holidays, maybe it would be better if you stay in a hotel by the sea as this hotel doesn't offer this commodity, it is more convenient to people on business trip or to persons having in mind to use the hotel as only a place to sleep

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.
All the associates from the Ibis Muscat, Oman would like to join me to thank you for your valuable comments about ibis Muscat as well as our other properties in the region.

We would like to thank you for your nice comment on our breakfast and the kindness of our team. It would also be our pleasure to assist you during your next stay to ensure the temperature int eh room is set at your convenience to ensure you have a good night sleep with us.