“Looked a lovely restaurant”
Review of Senor Pico's - CLOSED

Senor Pico's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Sadly we never ate here due to the fact the air co was on and it was freezing. The menu looked great and the portions looked a good size. The live entertainment was excellent but far too cold to stay..... Unless you put extra layers on!! We are coming back to Muscat in Nov, will try once more. . .

Oliver G, Manager at Senor Pico's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear BongoElsbeth,

oh how sad that you did not tried it.

Actually the restaurant is a bit cooled down in the early hours, because as later the evening gets as more people comes. In the late hours people start even dancing to the Mexican music and the atmosphere is heating up, also the room ;-).

I really hope you will try it in November.
See you soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Finally got round to eating here and have to say we really enjoyed it. Wasn't overly expensive. We shared a starter (thankfully cause it was huge), Mains were enjoyed.

Very veggie friendly which I was delighted time.

Staff were very good, it's was early enough when we went.

Would go back again.

Dear Nicola D,

thank you very much for your great feedback on tripadvisor. The biggest compliment is to say that you would come back, so I hope you will...

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We ate here with two friends in April 2013. The food was excellent - very good choice of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes and a range of drinks. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the staff were very attentive and the band was quite good (allowing a few of the children visiting the restaurant to come on stage during one of the songs). I'd recommend.

Dear Pjice9,

thank you very much for your recommendation.
Indeed the restaurant offers a great selection of Mexican specialties combined withe great drinks, including the legendary Magaritas.

I hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We were on our way to the airport and wanted a quick dinner before leaving the hotel and Senor Pico were very gratious in allowing us to dine quickly even though we were in shorts. There was only 1 other table at 6pm and no band but it did look like a place which might get a bit more exciting later on! I don't know Mexican food very weel, only the cheap and nasty stuff you get in all the usual places like Chillies etc. So at first you think it's pretyy expensive for for some corn chips and mince. But this food is really different, so fresh and vibrant! We had Mixed enchaladas and burritos and they were so good! Real meat!!! Loved all the side dishes, the beans, rice and salad. Service was quick, thank you. Only hiccup was a lump of plastic in the salad, which my husband chewed on for a while before realising. Look it's no biggie, stuff happens, no harm done and we weren't too worried. I just told our server to check the rest of the food out the back in case there was more. It's not cheap Mexican, you're in a 5 star hotel in the Middle East but it is very very tasty food and I would like to try some more!!!

Oliver G, Manager at Senor Pico's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear sumo-trades,

thank you very much for your great feedback about our Mexican Restaurant Senor Pico.
Please also accept my apologies for the failure happened. I really appreciate your understanding.
I am looking forward to see you soon again and try the Fajitas - they are outstanding and fun food to share !

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Happened on this restaurant because it was sea food night in the buffet restaurant and I'm not a fan and so glad the atmosphere is lovely very different you'd never think you were in the intercontinental hotel. Little bit expensive but we enjoyed the food. As with all alcohol in muscat its expensive with the cheapest bottle of wine about 15 rial which is about 30 euros.