“Food midocre , steak over cooked and poor wine list”
Review of Senor Pico's - CLOSED

Senor Pico's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Muscat, Oman
“Food midocre , steak over cooked and poor wine list”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I liked the ambience and the couple singing but the steam I ordered came over cooked and I couldn't eat more than two bites. The beer taps were all out except for the Hineken and the wine list had very few low end options.
My guest had a seafood Fajita , the prawns were frozen and the fish was way overcooked.
The guakamoli was good so were the nachos. For a Mexican in a 5 start hotel and the money you sepnd , I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
Oliver G, Manager at Senor Pico's, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear FouadIbrahim,

thank you for your honest feedback.

Actually Senor Pico is currently closed since Ramadan season and we are looking currently into the concept and offerings we had in the past to improve in case we will re-open again.

Feedback like yours will help us in our decision process.

I still hope you will try our other restaurants.

Muscat, Oman
“Tasteless Food”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We went to restaurant in July 2013.Restaurant and its ambience is good.Staffs are polite and courteous.Being a weekday,seats were hardly occupied.

However the food overall was not upto mark.We have ordered one margarita and two other cocktails.All the three were of average quality in taste and presentation.We have ordered Senor Pico Paella.It is a mix of rice,chicken and vegetables and one of the most expensive menu item.The quantity and taste was absolutely poor.

• Visited July 2013
Oliver G, Manager at Senor Pico's, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Anish S,

thank you for your feedback about our Senor Pico.

I am very disappointed to read that you were neither with the beverages nor with the food happy. Please accept my apologies.
I can assure you before we will re-open Senor Pico in October that we will review your comments and will take in consideration for changes.

Muscat
“My worst ever experience in a restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We went to sinor pico on a weekend, and did not reserve a table. We got the worst possible place to sit. They didn't give us a menu to order for 30 minutes and finally one of us had to get up, since the waiter very rudely told us I am busy at the bar. The waiter refuse to accept our coupons from entertainer Oman stating that we don't accept more than 2 coupon per table. This was new to me since I have never had a problem like that ever. I had to take the issue to the manager, and the waiter bluntly lied that we had 6 coupons. Entertainer Oman only issues three coupons. Two people from our table did not get their mats, and when asked why, the waiter said that they did not order. Our food arrived after an hour, and then we are told that they were out of one of their main course we ordered. Never going back!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Oliver G, Manager at Senor Pico's, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear SaminaAqeel,

thank you very much for your candid feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your whole experience at our restaurant. I can assure you that we look into every single comment of yours to improve our service delivery. But especially the way it was handled from our side is not acceptable and investigated.

As you can see in a lot of previous reviews this does not represent our usual service in Senor Pico. The restaurant is very popular within the local community, because of the great food and service we deliver. Therefore I hope we will get another chance to redeem ourselves.

Selby, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best Meals out ever”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We ate in the restaurant this evening everything from the meet and greet to paying the bill was a pleasure.
The staff were very attentive, the atmosphere was wonderful, there was even a Mexican duo playing live music that was very pleasant, the menu was fantastic & the food superb.
I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant and even though it is part of the Intercontinental Hotel Muscat it is an absolute gem, we would definitely return.
We visited with our 7 year old son who was welcomed with open arms he enjoyed the experience to.
At our table we were served nachos with guacamole & salsa dip, we shared the fondu starter that was amazing and for main course we had burritos & enchiladas.
We would thoroughly recommend this restaurant and defiantly revisit.

• Visited May 2013
Oliver G, Manager at Senor Pico's, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Catherine W,

thank you so much for your feedback.

Senor Pico is a hidden gem, but with great food and fun. We just released our new menu this week so its worth to come and try again.

I am looking forward for your next visit.

Midlands
“Looked a lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Sadly we never ate here due to the fact the air co was on and it was freezing. The menu looked great and the portions looked a good size. The live entertainment was excellent but far too cold to stay..... Unless you put extra layers on!! We are coming back to Muscat in Nov, will try once more. . .

Visited March 2013
Oliver G, Manager at Senor Pico's, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear BongoElsbeth,

oh how sad that you did not tried it.

Actually the restaurant is a bit cooled down in the early hours, because as later the evening gets as more people comes. In the late hours people start even dancing to the Mexican music and the atmosphere is heating up, also the room ;-).

I really hope you will try it in November.
See you soon.