“Excellent Persian with beautifull view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shiraz

Shiraz
Ranked #19 of 400 Restaurants in Muscat
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent Persian with beautifull view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Both the food and service was indeed excellent, making this place authentic. Beautiful view from the terrace, best at sunset and at night.

• Visited October 2013
Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for posting a review about your dining experience at Shiraz. We do boast an amazing view with beautiful sunsets and we are happy that you got to experience it couple with “excellent food and service”. Thank you for dining with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

• Turkish first
UK
“Overpriced for what it is; what are people raving about?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I went to this restaurant on the strength of the often raving reviews on this site. I'm not sure what people are on about to be frank. The food is what we have in Turkey for about $5 per person, except here it cost us over 50 euros for 2 people, just for a main course each, a glass of wine and a coke! And the mains were really not that special at all, just what I'd call simple, basic home-cooked food. I had a lamb stew that tasted more like mutton to me as it was way too strong. It was topped with fried aubergine that looked and tasted like slime. The other diner had a duck stew that was excessively sweet to the point of being inedible. Wine was from the wine list they use in other eateries in this hotel, and was therefore quite bad.
Also, upon entering the restaurant, I felt like the maitre d of the place looked at us in a rather condescending way--what, not old/male/well-heeled enough for you? He disappeared and never greeted us or took us to a table, this was done by a nice waiter. Service staff overall are good here.

Contrary to what one review said, you cannot order food from the Italian place next door to eat here--at least, we were opposed a refusal when we asked.

All in all, a place I cannot recommend.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank fmackUk
Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your dining experience at Shiraz. We are happy to hear that the service from our staff was good, however disappointed that the food did not meet your expectation and we do apologise for the inconvenience cause with ordering food from another restaurant. Please do not hesitate to contact me on adam.beadon@ihg.com for any additional feedback or future assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back.
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review within 15 min of leaving the Resturant , I unfortunatlely made a huge error in choosing my main course complete misunderstanding but 100% my fault so I was expecting the worst . However the Resturant manager was so understanding he asked me exactly what I wanted and how I would like it prepared and hey presto it arrived Absolutley superb the dish was outstanding Grilled Hammour with various rice dishes and stewed spinach , it's not on the menu but ask the chef to prepare it you won't be disappointed . *** Thank you Amar Nath.

Visited January 2014
Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent dining experience at Shiraz Restaurant. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal and that the Restaurant Manager was helpful in retaking your order. We continually strive to provide great service to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on your kind comment to the name mentioned and we look forward to you dinning with us again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Choice On This Occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have eaten here before and really enjoyed it then, but I was in the hotel with my wife on a holiday / business trip and again it was fantastic.

The place gives a sense of serenity and the food flavours match that ambience with their subtlety. The lamb and chicken kebab main course I ordered was truly sensational and this was matched with some very delicate rice dishes. The service was also very discrete and attentive without being intrusive.

My wife's main dish of Prawns was also very tasty (but a bit rubbery), the restaurant has a alcohol licence (part of the hotel) and this does help.

The views from the restaurant across the Gulf from the internal part of the restaurant and the balcony are truly stunning.

There was some nonsense when we tried to get a table and it was annoying, the Maitre d' suggested that we would have to wait and there was another couple waiting. However, looking into the restaurant there were spare tables, so I don't know what was wrong with him, but he did not spoil the quality of the food.

It was a bit expensive, but it was worth it.

So would I go back again - yes, cannot wait.

• Visited January 2014
Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Many thanks for choosing to dine at Shiraz once again and for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings and found the service to be “attentive without being intrusive”. We strive to provide excellent and good quality food and service to our guest and we are glad you got to experience it. However we do apologise for the wait. Once again thank you for dining with us and we look forward to your continued patronage.
“Godd food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant with Persian cuisine is in the Muscat Crowne Plaza hotel. Excellent food, good service, outdoor seating is also available. The atmosphere makes you feel that you were in Persian of the former times.
Very good value for money.

Visited November 2013
Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for posting a review about your recent dining experience at Shiraz Restaurant. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to having you dine with us again soon.