“Good location for corporate dinners”
Review of Shiraz

Shiraz
Ranked #23 of 432 Restaurants in Muscat
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very nice interiors and this is the kind of location that you would hold business dinners or host your clients in. Not really a family restaurant. The food and service was excellent. Worth visiting.

Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for dining at Shiraz and for sharing your review. It is pleasing to know you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings and service. It was a pleasure having you dine with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was taken to this restaurant by clients for a business lunch, and the views really are beautiful!
I think we had some kind of set menu, and the starters were absolutely delicious - amazing dips and super-fresh bread to scoop them up with. Yum.
I wasn't all that bowled over by the main course though - a variety of kinds of rice with barbecued meat, fish and lobster. The marinated and grilled lobster was beautiful, but honestly it was all a bit dry. Maybe it's the style of food, but I thought it could have really done with a sauce to go with it. (Or maybe it was the fact that the clients did the ordering and I never saw the menu...!)
I'd go here again for the views if nothing else, but I'd make sure I picked something with a sauce for main course!

Thank you for sharing your dining experience on Trip advisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your starter but however disappointed to hear you didn't the main course. We at Crowne Plaza Muscat work diligently to provide the best quality and tasting food to all our guests and I am glad to read you will visit us again. We certainly look forward to you dining with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We've lived in Muscat for nearly two years and for some reason have never been to this restaurant,,,,,,can't really explain why. Well we went there this week by fluke as Left Bank had no power. What a delight it was. The food was excellent, beautifully presented and explained by the perfect waiter. He was attentive but not over the top, which I really hate. The beer was even good, cold and really well looked after. We had a mixed selection platter with three types of rice and a small salad.....wonderful topped off by a complimentary cup of Iranian tea. Will I go back?? Too right I will just looking for an excuse!

Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Trip advisor. I am very pleased to read that you found the staff to be attentive and enjoyed the food and beverage offerings. We at Crowne Plaza Muscat strive to provide the best quality food and services to all our guests and I am very delighted you experience that. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We ate there once during our stay in the hotel. The staff are like most the staff in the hotel, friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed the food package which was Kebab including a glass of wine at a reasonable price. The food was plenty and delicious with great spicy flavor.

I recommend this restaurant for those who like to experience the Persian food along with good service.

Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for posting a review about your recent dining experience. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings and service. Thank you for recommending Shiraz and we look forward to welcoming you to dine with us again.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Shiraz restaurant, I think one of the few Persian ones in Oman, is situated inside the Crown Plaza Hotel. If you can, and if the season permits, do choose a table on the terrace, overlooking the pool and the sea. The sunset will do the rest. Fantastic food, very well presented; the service is more than smiling and kind. Alcohol served, with a short but nice wine list.
The prices are higher than in a city restaurant, but we felt so satisfied after the first dinner that we went back two days later. Worth a visit even if you do not stay at the hotel.

Adam B, Director of Sales at Shiraz, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to post such kind and complimentary review about your dining experience with us at Shiraz. We continually strive to provide the best quality food and service to all our guests and we are very happy to see that reflect in your experience. I am delighted that you dined a second time and we thank you for recommending us. We certainly look forward to you dining with us again in the future.