“Great boat and experienced dive masters” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Euro Divers

Euro Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Euro Divers Oman is located at Marina Bandar Al Rhowda. We offer daily dive trips, snorkel trips, dolphin watching and PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving up to Instructor level.
Venice, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great boat and experienced dive masters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I dove and my friend did DSD. Her instructor Makala from Italy was wonderful. The currents were strong when I dove and I had trouble getting to the dive site and my scuba master towed me and that kind and attentive. The boat was a well kept speed boat and we got to the site quickly. BEAUTIFUL scenery along the magnificent Muscat shore.

The wreck dive was great. And the 2nd tank dive - the coral was fantastic! I saw beautiful and unique fish. (See video posted on this companies FB page_ Makala was terrific in pointing out different fish. The office was clean and air conditioned. The South African guy who manages the place is cranky and needs to up his people skills. But the other people working there are really nice. I would have given it 5 stars, but I had a problem with their equipment.

The mouth piece on my regulator fell apart in my mouth while scuba diving. The rubber bits came off in my mouth as it was old and corroded and I almost choked on it. So I had to do a whole dive holding it in with my hand. All rental equipment should be checked by the scuba company as our lives depend on it working well. It scared me and interfered with my dive. I wouldn't have made a big deal about it in this review, but when I mentioned it, to my dive master, he was dismissive. Equipment is essential in scuba diving as our lives depend on it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Judy C

• Polish first
Zurich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good base, nice dives”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I did three dives with Euro Divers. The base is very clean and they will pick you up in the hotel.
The dives were good, visibility was bad though (even for oman). Lots of fish, enough space on the boat. The guides were competent, caring and did a good briefing. They do two tank dives with the usual tea and cookies during the surface interval.
I dont know about the rental regulators and bcd's, because i dive with my own gear, but what i saw in the wet rooms looked ok and modern. The only negative point is, i rented a wetsuit and it was a 3mm which is definitely too thin for the water temperature. In these waters you should use 5mm or even 7mm if you feel cold easily.
So far i dived with Oman Dive Center and Euro Divers and this is definitely the much better base.

Visited January 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

.I had some good dives with Euro Divers Oman.

They were very helpful with pick ups & drop offs to and from the Dive Shop.

All the staff were welcoming and friendly.

The boats have seen better days and seem to be falling apart, as does the rental equipment i used.

I was shocked by the South African Instructors level of professionalism; His choice of vocabulary around young and elder divers was surprising i found him rather rude.

Whilst on the boat with this instructor i listened to several of his skill briefings for a separate beginner diver, these were very short and in my opinion did not contain enough information. I am recently certified and even after doing all the skills recently and being aware of them i would struggle to understand the objective of the skill and what benefit it is to you to learn.

He also had a habit of smoking whilst addressing myself & other guests and smoking (ashing his cigarette) over peoples personal equipment.

The final straw, after antisocially sleeping most of the day by himself on the boat he reminded us 'to tip our waitress' which i found unbelievably rude.

Other then the staff member listed above the other staff were very out going and friendly.

Good dive sites and facilities

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mike G
Muscat Governorate, Oman
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Horrible Experince!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Last Week, we were a group of 5 people who dived with Euro Divers and did not felt comfortable with them mainly because of one of their main instructors (Sorry can't remmber his name but he was western instructor). The location, boats, gears, boat driver, Instructor Ali, were all good and we were happy with them. But few things happened that made us un happy in that trip. Please find below my 4 points;

1) We had paid for Damanyiat Island, and normally companies goes to a famous place known as aquarium. The boat driver stopped there but the instructor refused to dive there and asked to continue to another place (Fine we can understand there is other places but why not the best spot?!).

2) We went for our first dive with a local instructor called Ali and came back to the boat to relax. While we were having our break, Mr. Ali had to take one of the tourists for DSD, and when they were in the surface the tourist gas tank starts to leak and his regulator got damaged. So Mr. Ali asked the main instructor to help him out and replace the regulator for the toursit BUT the main instructor refused and replied him in such a rude way "Iam not going to give you mine" !! "You can tell the office when we go back" (about not having extra regulator in the boat) !! Well we were around 10 -12 people in our break time and he was able just to make the tourist much happier if he borrowed him one of the divers regulator. But unfortuntley he didnt.

3) While we were having our break, we were surprised there were no enough lunch for the divers. So we had to share the sandwiches and some of us didnt get any at all.

4) Our break is done, now we are ready for the second dive, the main instructor refused to move the boat and asked us to dive in the same place again !!!! That was really horrible.

For these reasons our group were not happy with Euro Divers. I hope my message will reach out to the manager there (The friendlly lady) and hopfully she will be able to make few changes to make their customers happier and avoid such issues created by unprofessional staff.

At the end, If you ask me Will I dive with them again?! Well, Yes i will do as i believe it's 1 person fault and to give them a second chance.

Regards,

Visited May 2014
6 Thank BuRaiR
Burscough, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great company to use to take advantage of this coastline.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a great time with diving with Euro Divers, the whole of this coastline is fantastic and they definitely provided a positive, friendly and helpful service.

There was some slight miscommunication however as we were told that we would be visiting a wreck but instead just did a regular dive, don't get me wrong it was a fantastic area just not what we were expecting.

Visited April 2014