“A dive with new friends”
Review of Euro Divers

Euro Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Euro Divers Oman is located at Marina Bandar Al Rhowda. We offer daily dive trips, snorkel trips, dolphin watching and PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving up to Instructor level.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently arrived in Muscat to complete the practical portion of my Dive Master qualification. Before leaving Scotland I enquired into many dive school located in Oman and found that upon contact with many of them Euro Divers seemed the friendliest to say the least.

Having normally dived with sea lochs of Scotland I am a qualified dry suit diver and explained that I would like a couple of dives to refresh myself on the transition back to warm water diving. I found the Instructor Will extremely helpful in helping me with this and the rest of the team extremely happy to accommodate any questions or queries I had on the day, namely Matt, Karen and Lea. My first two dives most definitely reinstated my passion or the sport and the relaxed but professional attitude held by all of the staff confirmed to me my choice to dive with them.

The next day when I arrived at the marina I was met by many friendly faces donning the euro divers distinct uniform. I had been informed William my instructor for the Dive Master course, was on his day off but not to worry I was put to work with other members of their team. Many of the team are Omani and predominately male which at first I was unsure of, being a young Scottish girl who has little experience traveling or integrating into other cultures. I was shown the basics of kit maintenance and care, along with the processes of filling and checking tanks. All of which were intertwined with being introduced to more of the team and I soon found myself relaxing with the team and exchanging jokes. All and all having a great time.

The next day I was taken under the wing of Karen, the company director, who provided me with an extensive briefing on what would be expected of me as a dive master and then invited me into the pool to help on my first Open Water course, aiding in the Confined water skills. This finished and I was more than happy to join the guys in the kit room to clean up the equipment we had used. Again laughing and joking in a more than relaxed manor. I even got to meet a lot of people who we're completing their instructor exams that day. As you can imagine I was comfortable within my surroundings yet still a little nervous of what would be expected of me. Approaching two of the new instructors for a chat I found Lea and Matt extremely helpful, they embraced the chance to use their new skills and took me under their wing. Explaining in great detail answers to any questions I had and helping me get to grips with the differences I experienced in my diving processes. Having come from cold water shore diving to warm water boat diving you can understand I had a few questions.

My next day at the I've centre William was back at work and wasted no time in getting me into the thick of it, explaining each task and the reason why it was required, I would then jump to it feeling embedded within their close knit team.

Each day since I found I am progressing through the practical requirements without a blink of an eye and embracing the challenge as though it were no challenge at all. Any questions with regards to the running I the boat have been answered or if the English words were unknown shown to me in a way in which I understood, from their ever smiley captain Soul (I have definitely spelt this wrong!).

I have still a little more to complete to achieve my qualification but have no worries as I know this amazing team will get me through smiling the whole way. I am more than proud to say I will be a member I Euro divers and know I have made some friends for life!

They are highly recommended and the most helpful, close knit team I have had the pleasure of meeting!

All reviews
"experienced divers"
in 9 reviews
"open water course"
in 6 reviews
"friendly and professional staff"
in 5 reviews
in 4 reviews
"pick ups drop offs"
"amazing things"

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was fortunate to finish my PADI Open Water Diving Course with William Payne-Findlay. The overall experience was boundary-breaking, breath-taking, and incredibly fun. The entire framework of the course is professional, thorough, and enriching, much like the instructor, William, who brought to the experience a knowledgeable, perceptive and enjoyable outlook. I would highly recommend undertaking any one of the courses here, and definitely having the chance to learn under the expert and holistic guidance of William.

2  Thank Rishabh M
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We dived with euro divers 3days. William ja Lea were really friendly instructors, had nice and relaxed dives with them. They told well about dive sites and were eager to help if some problems. Pick up service from hotel was nice. They offer little snacks and water on the boat. Dive sites were nice, plenty of marine life, beautiful corals and visibility usually 10-15m.

The equipments have had their best days, regulators were leaking and my 2 first dives were short beacause of it. The boat was almost breaking apart on wednesday and on friday we didn't get to go to Damanyiat Island because of it! Really dissapointing!..we had to dive again on Fahal island as we did the day before....

2  Thank katti_86
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I must say, I am very surprised by some of the comments about Euro Divers Muscat. I have been living in Oman for about 3 years, and I tried diving with several dive centers around Muscat, but Euro Divers is the only place where I felt really safe and relaxed.

All the team has been very welcoming and professional. I have been listened and patiently coached through the Open Water Course; the instructor took the time to insist on the parts I was not comfortable with (I had a bad experience with mask removal few years ago with another dive center. Thanks to them, it’s not an issue anymore!).

I now dive with their quite regularly, and I always have a great time!! They are all very friendly and competent; they can speak English and Arabic, but also Italian, French, and Afrikaans… Trips are well organized, equipment is fine. I would recommend them to any diver without hesitation, both for PADI courses and recreational diving!

Thanks to all the team for all these nice weekends, and especially to William, my excellent instructor that could not have been more supportive!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I dove and my friend did DSD. Her instructor Makala from Italy was wonderful. The currents were strong when I dove and I had trouble getting to the dive site and my scuba master towed me and that kind and attentive. The boat was a well kept speed boat and we got to the site quickly. BEAUTIFUL scenery along the magnificent Muscat shore.

The wreck dive was great. And the 2nd tank dive - the coral was fantastic! I saw beautiful and unique fish. (See video posted on this companies FB page_ Makala was terrific in pointing out different fish. The office was clean and air conditioned. The South African guy who manages the place is cranky and needs to up his people skills. But the other people working there are really nice. I would have given it 5 stars, but I had a problem with their equipment.

The mouth piece on my regulator fell apart in my mouth while scuba diving. The rubber bits came off in my mouth as it was old and corroded and I almost choked on it. So I had to do a whole dive holding it in with my hand. All rental equipment should be checked by the scuba company as our lives depend on it working well. It scared me and interfered with my dive. I wouldn't have made a big deal about it in this review, but when I mentioned it, to my dive master, he was dismissive. Equipment is essential in scuba diving as our lives depend on it.

1  Thank Judy C