“Below average”

Waves International Hotel
Ranked #41 of 61 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The location is good with enough car park. If must book here, it is advisable only for short stay. The bathroom drainage was blocked and in general the room not that much clean. The guys on the reception are cooperative.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mtaheri

Reviewed 2 April 2014

i get very bad services from the hotel , not only me but most of the guest , the room services didn't reply to any one , the house keeping all the day busy , breakfast very poor, first when i want to make reservation , the front ask inform me they are in full , but i looked in booking .com there was available rooms , after around 3 hours , i made reservation via agooda sep and they told me how you did this reservation , but i will never book again in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hani M
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Really disappointing as I understand the hotel is only a couple of years old.

The rooms are OK but the hotel management need to go back to college. I was greeted with the request to pay in cash as their credit card machine was not working, I don't carry that much cash so asked when the machine would be repaired and was told 'we don't know'.
On the following morning I asked if they had a manual cc machine - no. It was then suggested that I walk out to find a cashpoint!!!
Breakfast was the clincher. Waiters just didn't care, the tables weren't cleared or re-laid and the breakfast wasn't replenished. The orange juice was truly appalling - orange flavoured sugar water and when I did see a waiter in action he simply brushed the crumbs off the table - no wiping. When I sat down my arms stuck to the table. Truly disgusting!
At this stage I checked out and no-one asked my why I was leaving after 1 night.
I wont stay again and advise that if your standards are normal - you should not either.

Room Tip: Don't...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I've been here for a couple of weeks now on business...

first the positives
Big room.
Reasonably clean.
That;s it really.

The negatives
Random opening hours of the restaurant, be it for breakfast or dinner
Hopelessness of the staff, I lost count how many times I asked for a laundry bag only for it never to arrive, I resorted to taking one from the cleaners trolley

The OK
The food, if you find the restaurant open is just OK. Apart from breakfast, which isn't
The lobby, cool and comfy, good to sit and wait for your driver.

Overall, it's pretty disappointing to be honest, but not bad enough to complain too much about.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the bigger rooms with a seperate living area if you're there for more than a couple o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

this place -cant call it hotel- has to be avoided at all costs.we were a group of 30 people for a conference. the hotel does not have a single redeeming quality. rooms are dirty, in one there were rests of food on the wall, the water is permanently boiling, breakfast is a joke, a colleague got harassed by a guest -by the way, no women except us in the hotel- wifi inexistent, manager never there...people at reception are nice enough but they cant do anything about it as management doesnt care what happens it seems. where they got their stars ill never know..
avoid. go somewhere else

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GDL1956
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Delicious food combines with amazing ambiance and they didnt forget to keep the prices low...i found it worth my money...had a very wonderful experience
Even though i went over the weekend, the waiters were very attending and even the cleanliness is to be highlighted..usually i become disappointed to visit restroom in weekends, but have to give a 5 star to keep it

Room Tip: Go for 1st floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Adilm96
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We were booked at this hotel for our stay in Muscat through our tour company (Golden Tours, which I do not recommend). I found it hard to believe the negative reviews on TripAdvisor, but I can now say that most of the complaints are probably true.
The room was just okay in terms of furniture, although it was quite clean, the general feel was old and a bit dingy.
As other travelers have reported, our hot water was cut off after our first night's stay and repeated calls to the front desk, transfers to housekeeping, visits to the front desk and promises that the problem would be fixed yielded 0 results.
Staff seemed to have good intentions, but were ineffectual and had very little training in tourism services.
Breakfast is ok, but stick to Arabic options. Try the Foodlands restaurant a few blocks down for great Indian food.
We would love to return to Oman, but we will choose a different hotel in Muscat.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SCCR506
Travellers also viewed these Muscat hotels
Amarah Hotel
Eastin Residences Muscat
Safeer Continental Hotel
Safeer Continental Hotel
#35 of 61 in Muscat

Been to Waves International Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Waves International Hotel

Address: Dohat Al Adab Street, Al Khuwair | behind Al Zawawi Mosque, Muscat 113, Oman
Region: Oman > Muscat Governorate > Muscat
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #41 of 61 Hotels in Muscat
Price Range: £43 - £85 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Waves International Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waves International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.