“Needs a refurb”

InterContinental Hotel Muscat
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As a business traveller the hotel is very important. there is no faulting the friendliness of the staff but no amount of smiling can cover that nasty musty smell of a Hotel desperately in need of renovation. The layout does not help but the carpets are worn, the ceilings grey and everything is very shabby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear AMBDubai,

thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies that we were not able to live up to your expectations.
The hotel has its age, but nevertheless we are committed to deliver the possible service and maintain the hotel on a high standard. Additionally we are currently evaluating a renovation for the very near future.

We are surely able to be better as you describe, therefore I hope you will give us another chance in the near future. Therefore please contact me directly when you plan to return. My e-mail address is oliver.geyer@ihg.com.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Nice pool area, beach access in kinda funky but is nearby. We really enjoyed the Irish style pub that was there. For the Middle East, where your alcohol options are extremely limited, they had a great selection of beers on tap and in the bottle.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Michael F,

thank you very much for your great feedback.

Especially that you mention that you would stay again in our hotel is a great compliment.
Therefore I hope to see you soon.

with ind regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here one night only, the staff is nice and courteous, but the room smelled like no one has been there for years. The tap water in the room was yellow at first. Old place that need revamping soon. I will not be back there unless renovated.
Visit the indoor pub !!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear ricky v,

thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience.

Actually we are just evaluating a renovation, which might even start already end of this year. Since you liked our services I hope this will gain your trust back and I will see you soon again.

Please contact me directly for anything I can do for you in future. My e-mail address is oliver.geyer@ihg.com .

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I spend a long weekend (3 nights) at Intercon Muscate. We were traveling with a group of people and together got 3 rooms.

Pros
Nice pool
Nice beach access
Clean

Cons
Rooms were outdated
Service was lacking

The hotel had nothing to write home about and had we not had the coupon that got us a free night stay, it would've been really over-priced for the outdated room.

In fact, after our stay, I came home and researched the prices. We were charged one night as a full price and the next night we used the coupon. If we had booked it through a discount website, the total would've been cheaper by $3.00. So, kinda felt like we got ripped off either way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LilysWorld,

thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

I am disappointed to read that we were not able to deliver up to our brand promise and therefore please accept my apologies.

I would really like to learn more about your service experience to learn from what has happened and to improve for the future. Further I would appreciate to get the opportunity to discuss the quoted rates with you personally.

My e-mail address is oliver.geyer@ihg.com . I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

"Old lady" needs a spruce up, but good management covers up its short comings by good maintenance and excellent guest relations. Even a "small incident" with food immediately gathered senior management attention.

Room Tip: Rooms on two sides have water views and most rooms I noted had a small balcony, which was very welco...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sagirsultan,

thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with other travelers.

First of all please accept again my apology for the issue you experienced, but on the other hand I am very happy to read that we were able to recover your trust into our hotel.
Things are happening, but it is one of our core value to make sure that we acknowledge issues and take personal ownership to solve it.

I sincerely hope that we will see you soon again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our sty in the hotel was Excellent, the room was clean & the sea view was amazing. i got some minor comments which i'd already informed the concern person in the hotel about it. for example, the bath room fan was not working.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Numan A,

thank you very much for your excellent review.

I sincerely appreciate and I am thankful that you have shared your comments already during your stay, which enables us to improve the situation immediately.

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Intercontinental on all my rather frequent business trips. Great location , great layout, very nice rooms as well. As a business traveler, I prefer to stay on the Club floors (4th and 5th floors) where the club lounge remains open till 11 or 12 pm! A relaxing place to hang out after a long day. The service provided is top notch by any standard. Marie and Dinesh always seem to find ways to go above and beyond making you feel like you are their special guest! Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Salim S,

thank you so much for your fantastic feedback.

Especially that you mention my colleagues Marie and Dinesh makes me proud to work with them. They are assets to our organisation and will be celebrated on a special occasion because of your comments.

I sincerely hope to see you soon again.