“Xmas vacation”

Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Muscat
London, United Kingdom
“Xmas vacation”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice trip, staff were very friendly and attentive food was fabulous but due to local law alcohol was only available after lunch. Rooms were excellent and the swimming facilities were perfect. The location is also good for the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Dougie B,

thank you very much for your very kind feedback.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your holiday days with us and that we were able to deliver a great experience with our fantastic facilities and location.

I sincerely hope to see you soon again.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

As a business traveller the hotel is very important. there is no faulting the friendliness of the staff but no amount of smiling can cover that nasty musty smell of a Hotel desperately in need of renovation. The layout does not help but the carpets are worn, the ceilings grey and everything is very shabby.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear AMBDubai,

thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies that we were not able to live up to your expectations.
The hotel has its age, but nevertheless we are committed to deliver the possible service and maintain the hotel on a high standard. Additionally we are currently evaluating a renovation for the very near future.

We are surely able to be better as you describe, therefore I hope you will give us another chance in the near future. Therefore please contact me directly when you plan to return. My e-mail address is oliver.geyer@ihg.com.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Nice pool area, beach access in kinda funky but is nearby. We really enjoyed the Irish style pub that was there. For the Middle East, where your alcohol options are extremely limited, they had a great selection of beers on tap and in the bottle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Michael F,

thank you very much for your great feedback.

Especially that you mention that you would stay again in our hotel is a great compliment.
Therefore I hope to see you soon.

with ind regards

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here one night only, the staff is nice and courteous, but the room smelled like no one has been there for years. The tap water in the room was yellow at first. Old place that need revamping soon. I will not be back there unless renovated.
Visit the indoor pub !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear ricky v,

thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience.

Actually we are just evaluating a renovation, which might even start already end of this year. Since you liked our services I hope this will gain your trust back and I will see you soon again.

Please contact me directly for anything I can do for you in future. My e-mail address is oliver.geyer@ihg.com .

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I spend a long weekend (3 nights) at Intercon Muscate. We were traveling with a group of people and together got 3 rooms.

Pros
Nice pool
Nice beach access
Clean

Cons
Rooms were outdated
Service was lacking

The hotel had nothing to write home about and had we not had the coupon that got us a free night stay, it would've been really over-priced for the outdated room.

In fact, after our stay, I came home and researched the prices. We were charged one night as a full price and the next night we used the coupon. If we had booked it through a discount website, the total would've been cheaper by $3.00. So, kinda felt like we got ripped off either way.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear LilysWorld,

thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

I am disappointed to read that we were not able to deliver up to our brand promise and therefore please accept my apologies.

I would really like to learn more about your service experience to learn from what has happened and to improve for the future. Further I would appreciate to get the opportunity to discuss the quoted rates with you personally.

My e-mail address is oliver.geyer@ihg.com . I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 15 June 2014

"Old lady" needs a spruce up, but good management covers up its short comings by good maintenance and excellent guest relations. Even a "small incident" with food immediately gathered senior management attention.

Room Tip: Rooms on two sides have water views and most rooms I noted had a small balcony, which was very welco...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sagirsultan,

thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with other travelers.

First of all please accept again my apology for the issue you experienced, but on the other hand I am very happy to read that we were able to recover your trust into our hotel.
Things are happening, but it is one of our core value to make sure that we acknowledge issues and take personal ownership to solve it.

I sincerely hope that we will see you soon again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our sty in the hotel was Excellent, the room was clean & the sea view was amazing. i got some minor comments which i'd already informed the concern person in the hotel about it. for example, the bath room fan was not working.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Numan A,

thank you very much for your excellent review.

I sincerely appreciate and I am thankful that you have shared your comments already during your stay, which enables us to improve the situation immediately.

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again.