Grand Hyatt Muscat
US$83
ibis
US$100
US$68
Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat(Muscat)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$118
US$105
Agoda.com
1,662 results
All reviewsswim up barjohn barrydiplomatic districtindonesian restaurantmokha cafeembassy districtclub roompool areapoolside restaurantbeach accessrooms are largefive star hotelbit datedhotel guestsbusiness tripnice poolamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Visited the hotel after almost ten years and very little had changed. Still a grand hotel with an ornate lobby and large spacious rooms. Yet there is a sense of being past it's prime especially in terms of the room decor.

Apart from that the staff were very gracious and the Italian restaurant very good though pricey. Excellent breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank keasdad
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear keasdad,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your valued review. We're very happy to know that you have chosen to return to Grand Hyatt Muscat after 10 years. We have tried our utmost best to preserve the authentic Arabian feel even after so many years.

Many thanks once again and I hope you continue to choose to stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat on your next visit to Oman.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This is my first time to travel in Oman and I was stay in Grand Hyatt Muscut hotel
Very lovely, Fantastic asmosphere and they gave us so warm welcome!
If you never been here
Should be try to stay here
You will not disappointment!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth B

Dear Elizabeth B,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. We highly appreciate your positive comments and are thrilled to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat.

We hope that you choose to stay with us on your next visit to Oman.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We are staying here from Thursday 3rd June, with three nights earned with my platinum account. I regularly visit one of the Andaz hotels for work. It was the holy month of Ramadan, and all the hotels in the Gulf have summer offers to entice guests.

On arrival at 21:00 we were greeted by a lovely concierge. We made way to the reception desk, and a rather unsmiling person (I believe Miriam). She asked for our names and said, so “you are staying one night”. No I advised and provided our Hyatt confirmation. Hmm she advised, these are individual bookings, and “we will try to put you in the same room each night”.

Reviewers, please note that occupancy in this hotel is exceptionally low right now due to summer and Ramadan. She then said, “So you are checking out on Saturday”.
“No” we confirmed, three nights from Thursday is check out on Sunday.

Platinum member privileges are meant to be as follows (from the web site):
1. Enjoy a preferred room including rooms on higher floors or larger rooms, based on availability upon arrival1
2. Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access3
3. Extend your stay until 2:00 p.m. with a late check out request6

I had requested on my booking; 1. non smoking, 2. quiet room, 3. high floor.

We were asked – smoking or non. "Non smoking as per my booking" I confirmed.
We were taken to a room on the 2nd floor (there are 5 floors). It was a smoking room, with a strong smell of smoke. Request one not honoured.

Next to level 3. Next to the outside seating for the only bar that was open. Request two not honoured.

Finally to floor 5, a suite. Above the outside area of the club lounge, however as that was not open due to Ramadan – not an issue. Finally, the higher floor we were hoping for, and no nasty smell of smoke to greet us as we entered the room.

Hyatt, let me ask you this. If you had low occupancy and you know I am a platinum member – and this room was always available. Why, oh why do we need to go through a 40 minute trawl through rooms to get to it? I will remind you of item 1 above on the platinum member “benefits”.

I was not:
• Provided with internet access details (see 2 above), entailing a charge of USD 15 when I logged on. I will need to call down to make sure the charge is waived
• Advised on the facilities that were open, or where they were. I finally found out when we came back downstairs and I asked for a map of the hotel. The gym I will need to locate later for myself
• Offered a late check-out. We were instructed that we would be checking out at 12:00 noon.

I have an issue when service is not good. This is a service industry, and that is what makes the difference to guests. What makes me choose your hotel over another, or one loyalty scheme over another.

I was disappointed on my arrival experience at the Grand Hyatt Muscat.

Room Tip: You may have to go through a number of rooms, to get one that aligns with your booking request.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AbuDhabiTraveller
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear AbuDhabiTraveller,

Many thanks for your valued feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings during your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat. We value each and every guest staying with us and our loyalty members are of utmost importance.

We will ensure the remarks mentioned by you are discussed with our management to ensure proper training is conducted and to avoid this happening again.

Thank you once more and we hope you do consider returning to Grand Hyatt Muscat on your next visit to Oman.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting somewhere to stay in Muscat, and wanting a relaxing time. We spent 3 nights there after a busy time in Uganda. Room, staff, food, just everything was great. Swimming pool was fantastic as well.

Room Tip: Any room i think would be great, and views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear annasorsld,

Many thanks for your great feedback. It really is delightful to know that your experience at Grand Hyatt Muscat was nothing less than fantastic.

We hope you choose to stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat on your next visit to Oman.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I took for the first time the 'business club' formula. I can only confirm that the formula is extremely good for a very frequent business traveller. A oasis after a busy business day ! But most important I would like to thank the Ukraine lady of the reception. She made the effort to leave her position to guide me to the 4th floor where the business club is located ... in other words an excellent service and really appreciated !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan999Antwerp

Dear Jan999Antwerp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Grand Club facilities. As a frequent business traveler, the Grand Club is indeed ideal for quick meals and meetings.

Thank you once again and we will surely inform Maria, our colleague from Front Desk about your valued comment.