“Service and cleanliness second to none but” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Muscat

Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Muscat
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Service and cleanliness second to none but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

The staff at the Grand Hyatt are helpful and pleasant and there for whatever you need. The hotel is spotless and the facilities good but! I have some mobility problems and there seemed to be steps everywhere! We had a club room which I would recommend because the facility of the club lounge was a real bonus, food 3 times a day, drinks all day and a computer room for club guests use, but it did mean we could not use the lift to get down to pool level. We had to either walk down the stairs and through the Mokka Cafe or we had to walk across the lobby and change lifts! It was a very small thing but became irritating. The other problem they have is that the majority of beds around the pool lose the sun about 2pm, there are plenty further down on the grass but that area also seemed to have lots of flies. On a positive the pool bar serves good food and the most amazing melon and mint drinks.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank floridacool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Salzburg, Austria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

I travelled twice to Muscat in the last 2 months and stayed both times at the Grand Hyatt.
It is definitly one of the top rated hotels in Muscat, but unfortunately there are a few details that were disappointing at those stays and have to be highlighted and should not happen in this high price category (350 - 450 Euro/night)
First the positive things, the staff is well trained and very nice!!! The pool area is nice and the beach ok.
Everything is clean and the rooms are well equipped, but I think this HAS to be fine for this high price.
We had lunch and dinner 3 times, first night the Tuscany restaurant was also quite expensive and the worst food I got in Oman out of 2 weeks in the country. Also the food at the pool restaurant was disappointing and not what you should expect at a Grand Hyatt.
But I am very sorry to say that, the location of the room was UNACCEPTABLE, just above the kitchens back entrance, very noisy almost all night, but the worst was the bad smell the whole time, night and day, I accept there has to be a back entrance, but it is a shame that rooms are sold there for this price!!!!!!! According to the staff there was no possibillity to get any other room.
I stay at 5* hotels almost 100 nights per year and this is my first bad review ever!
Again I am sorry for the nice staff but I can not recommend the Hyatt in Muscat, I am sure there are better hotels around.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank franzrocks
Christoph_Franzen, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this review, 5 March 2011
Dear "franzrocks" Tripadvisor Member

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your honest and unbiased feedback; it is through comments like yours that we are able to see the shortfalls in our operation and ensure the same are not repeated. I must admit that I also would expect more from any five star hotel when reading your comments.

Unfortunately I am not sure about the location of your room; as we do not have any kitchen entrances facing to the exterior guest area of the hotel. If you would be able to give me any additional information I would be more than happy to investigate further and rectify any problems so the same is not repeated.

I am sorry to hear about your dining experience at Tuscany, it is considered the countries leading Italian restaurant and has won numerous awards over the years. I would be more than happy to have you as our guest in our fine dining Italian outlet as I am sure we will be able to convince you of the superior service and quality of food on offer.

I would like to personally take care of your next stay should you return to Muscat, therefore please feel free to contact me directly for anything you may need in the future. I can be reached on christoph.franzen@hyatt.com and I would love to hear from you.

I am glad to read that you commented positively about our staff, I will certainly share your feedbak with the team.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience and I do hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.

I remain with my best regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

I had to travel to Oman on business for one night and decided to stay at the Grand Hyatt because it is an international chain. The Grand Hyatt in Oman is unlike other Hyatt hotels that I have stayed in, in the sense that it's not as modern. It was good and clean and is more of a resort for families and tourists rather than a business hotel but at least I got what I needed, which was a good night of sleep before checking out in the early morning and heading out for my meetings. All in all it's a good hotel if you're staying in Oman for a vacation rather than business, and is in a nice safe area and just 15-20 min away from the airport.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank busstraveler85
Christoph_Franzen, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Dear Tripadvisor Member and Grand Hyatt Muscat Guest

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for your genuine and candid feedback with regards to your last stay with us.

My team will be happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and it is though their dedicated work and commitment that we hopefully are able to exceed most guests expectations.

Should you ever return to Muscat we would be happy to welcome you once more to our Grand Hyatt and if you require any assistance or have additional comments you would like to share with me feel free to do so; I can be contacted on christoph.franzen@hyatt.com at your convenience.

We wish you safe travels to wherever business and leisure tales you and remain with our best wishes.

Warm regards,

milan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

Luxury hotel with a nice swimming pool and great service. Rooms are very clean and the hotel is well decorated (luxury Arabian style). The breakfast was very good with a large choice of hot and cold dishes (both arabian and international).
Excellent stay!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

This was our first but definitely not last time to Oman. The wonderful staff took very good care of us. The Omani people are friendly, welcoming, professional without being boring and with all the right - proud of their country.
We had a spacious suite (135 sqm) and it was just fabolous to wake up and see the mountains and the ocean from the five balconys. We would recommend everyone to stay in one of their club rooms - it´s higher quality of the breakfast and you get afternoon tea and some lovely hors d'oeuvres (enough to make us skip dinner) served in a lounge with a terrace overlooking the city.
The hotel is also close to a beautiful beach and has very nice pool area.
Will come back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosumalmo
Christoph_Franzen, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
Dear rosumalmo Tripadvisor Member

Many thanks for your courteous review of our hotel, this is much appreciated.

I will certainly share your comments with our team in the hotel, they will be thrilled to hear that their dedication to service has not gone unnoticed.

I have to admit that I agree with you even after living here for many years, the country is stunning and the views to the Hajjar mountains are soothing. Especially from the Grand Club lounge terrace that you had enjoyed during your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever require any assistance at our property; I can be contacted on christoph.franzen@hyatt.com at your convenience.

With warm regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

The room was overlooking the swimming pool and the sea beyond. Very nice view. The room is quite large and comfortable. The staffis courteous. The barber shop in the hotel it fantastic they do a very good job.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Dear SingaporeKAP Travelocity Member

Many thanks for your courteous review of our hotel, this is much appreciated. I will certainly share your comments with our team in the barber shop, they will be thrilled to hear that their dedication to service has not gone unnoticed.

With warm regards,

Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for the 3rd time in 2 years. As expected, the room was very spacious, maybe too much. Anyway, room service was fine, internet access in the room was OK at 4 Omani Riyals per 24hours. Staff are mostly courteous and helpful, except maybe the doormen at the main entrance.

I'm not really a fan of the breakfast here, as I think its overpriced and underdelivered. They used to provide ironing boards in the rooms, but not anymore. Bummer!

Overall, at RO89 per night + tax, it is OK. I still prefer the Ramada Muscat.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christoph_Franzen, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this review, 6 January 2011
Dear Guest, many thanks for your valued feedback. It is through comments like yours that we can measure if we have been able to meet or exceed our guests expectations.

I will certainly discuss your comments with the team and address any shortcomings in service you have highlighted to have them rectified.

Please note that we never had iron or ironing boards installed in our rooms, they are available on request through housekeeping. Thanks to your and other guests feedback we will implement this feature in the first half of 2011.

We also offer complimentary Internet access to our guests in Suites and Grand Club rooms; in the first quarter of 2011 we will also implement wireless Internet service in all guest rooms.

Please do let me know if you have any other feedback, we would love to hear from you, I can be reached on Christoph.Franzen@hyatt.com.

I remain with my best regards,