“Consistently good”

Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Muscat
Dubai
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, all in all it was very satisfactory. Great service, good location near lots of restaurants, nice rooms. Itis the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel, overall, like most Radisson Blu's in the region it's good value for money and consistent in delivery

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Hazel C, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your review. Hoping that you will choose our hotel again the next time you come.
Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I'm just back from a 2 night stay for the Eid holiday and was more than happy with the hotel. We tried all the premium brand 4 star hotels and the Radisson Blu was the cheapest so took the plunge and booked 4 rooms. We were already impressed before we even arrived as thanks to a contest on Facebook, they upgraded me to a business class room just for entering.

The hotel is very clean and well presented, the staff were very helpful at all times. The room was very clean and comfortable with all the modern equipment you'd expect, plus a Nespresso machine! The breakfast buffet in Olivos was fantastic, plenty of choice and a chef on hand to do any special requests.

The pool is very nice too, perfect temperature whatever time of day you visit, and the pool bar is a very nice place to relax and have a drink. Only slight complaint is that they had no idea how to make half the cocktails on their menu, and after Googling, discovered that they didn't have the ingredients to make some of them, but s it was the first night after Ramadan, I think we can forgive them for that!

Free use of the business centre and free Wifi throughout the hotel is always welcome, and if I'm back in Muscat, I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you so very much for you review. Hope to see you staying back with us.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The hotel is very good specially the breakfast. The rooms are also spacious enough for the family. We were in all 2 adults and 2 kids and the Double room was good enough wihtout an extra bed. The hotel is located in the city so the restaurants, malls are also very near in case you need to eat outside.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tazain
Thank you so much for your review. Hope to see you staying back with us again.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I booked in this hotel for 7 nights (2 Aug - 9 Aug 2012). Upon my arrival, at 7:00am there was no staff on the reception. I thought I've entered into a wrong hall of the hotel. I went to a cleaner cleaning the ceiling and asked him "any staff here?". He pointed to a staff member sitting in an inside room. I thought it was laziness from this staff not to come to her desk when seeing someone entering the hotel.

I was given room number 335 viewing the pool. I went to bed immediately and woke up a couple of hours later itching all over my body. I thought it might be mosquitoes but the fact that even my scalp was itching made me convinced it was bed bugs and not mosquitoes.

I went to the reception and told them the story asking for another room. They moved me to room 535. This new room had older "renovated" furniture but had almost the same view as 335.
My sleep was OK in the new room, I didn't have the bed bugs problem there.

I felt really upset that no one from the staff called or asked about the "bed bug" issue in room 335 despite my complaint. Even upon my departure the receptionest was looking to her screen and asked me "is it true you had bed bugs in your first room Sir!!).

Other than that I found the staff friendly. On my second day I came back in the afternoon to find my room not cleaned yet. The cleaning lady was passing by and I complained to her. In the next days they were cleaning my room twice a day, once in the morning and again in the afternoon. I thought this was a nice gesture from the house keeping staff.

Room Tip: Avoid Room No. 335. It has bed bugs.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alaa1977
Hazel C, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to first of all apologise for not being able to reply to you earlier on this. Our sincere apologies on this experience of yours.
We will ensure on your next stay with us, we will make your stay more comfortable and will ensure that your taken care of well.
Hope to see you again.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed here during Ramadan which means that not all services were available so my judgement can only be made with that in mind. I stayed in a business class room on the fourth floor, the rooms are really nice and meets the expectations well of what you expect from a 4-star hotel, however it cannot be compared to a 5-star one. Nespresso brewer with different pods was a nice finding. The dry cleaning service was impeccable. The pool are in a secluded environment is a gem. The surroundings of the hotel didn't really offer a lot. This is not a hotel to choose if you want to swim at the beach but as I said, a good business hotel with nice gym and pool facilities.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hazel C, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Thank you so very much for your review. I hope to see you again with us.
Sales Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Downstairs in the Radisson Blu Hotel is this wondeful little Irish Bar which opened early in the year. Serving some freshly cooked Irish favourites with a pint of ale and excellent service.

Whilst it can be a bit of a pain to find parking at times, I'd definately recommend this place for having a few beers with friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your reply and giving us this review. I hope to see you at O malleys and do try out our other restaurants.
Sales Manager