“Server eats while we wait .”
Review of Tche Tche Cafe

Tche Tche Cafe
Ranked #2 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Muscat
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Rains is Muscat, time to head out and enjoy a meal and make the most of the fantastic weather .
We land up @ Tche Tche on the beach front, hoping to enjoy the beautiful weather .
The food took for ever to arrive , while we waited for our food patiently we saw our server munching away on some food that was behind the counter ,while having a smoke . We were in clear view of the service area as we sat upstairs on the terrace. The food when it finally arrived was OK , the Chicken Cassidia and the Sheesh Tawook was alright , but the chicken shawarma was in the same bread and the same chicken as in the cassidia ,just wrapped up differently.
Not impressed AT ALL.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Love this restaurant just for the simple fact that it is the perfect location on the beach to have a good meal and take in the beautiful scenery. They also serve coffee, desserts, and Shisa if you are just wanting a place to relax and visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

There are two Tche Tche Cafes, one in Shatti Qurum and another in Mawaleh. My opinion applies to both. Waiters are slow and uninterested in customers. Food is average or below that. Prices are not commensurate with the quality and choice. I don't recommend the place

1  Thank doctor694
Reviewed 1 February 2014

When we walked in we were ignored by 2 waiters and the man on the 'Reception' desk. We went to a table and waited 10 minutes with waiters walking past us and not even looking at us. Eventually I went to the desk and asked if we could have menus? He sent a waiter over who gave us the menus and walked off without any greeting whatsoever. We made our choices and had to ask a passing waiter if we could order. The original waiter cam back and grunted at us. We ordered and waited. Eventually the drinks arrived. My brother was given a cold coffee which was tasteless and I was given a bottle of water without a glass. I went back to reception to ask for a glass! After another 30 minutes the food arrived. The shepherds pie had a very strange flavour and my sister in law questioned the meat to be told it was beef - it did not taste like it at all. I had chicken with mashed potato which was luke warm and lumpy - some of which were black and very hard!! My brothers meal was also warm rather than hot and he was very ill in the night after eating.
Eventually we managed to get the bill and the waiter asked if our meals had been ok. When we told him about the poor service and poor quality food he just nodded, took our money and we left.
The menu looks good but pricey but unfortunately it is not a place I will go back to.

1  Thank christine s
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Compared to other places in Muscat this was expensive, but still reasonably priced compared to Australia's cafes. It is over the road from Qurum Beach so very convenient. You can watch the ocean, people walk by or the beautiful sunsets. Meals are western fare mostly but they do have shisha if you want to try their flavoured tobacco pipes. Service is a bit slow, but the standards are high.

2  Thank OzDi