“New hotel with start up problems”

Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Muscat
ypsilanti
“New hotel with start up problems”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Only three weeks old, this property is brand new. While eager to please, the staff seems to face a rather steep learning curve. Once they settle in, things should improve. The hotel is convenient to airport and new business area but at present not within walking distance to much of anything. The difficult entry for cars from the Main Street means walking down to hail taxis, or get the front desk to order you one. The rooms are spotless. The small pool,pleasant but lounge chairs seem oddly old and spotted for new property.
Restaurant shows promise but needs to work out supply problems.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing pool, there are some side rooms facing attached building that are dark and rathe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YpsilantiFoodie
krollik, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. At Holiday Inn we take utmost care in ensuring our guests have a pleasant stay with us. Your feedback on the sun loungers has been noted and we will try our best to have these replaced at the earliest. Please also contact us at holidayinnmuscatalseeb@ihg.com so we can obtain additional details regarding your experience at the restaurant. Again, we regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Oppenheimer Pinto, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a brand new hotel which was open one week when I stayed there. I guess they still have some things to work out. The hotel itself is indeed new and the interior looks very new, bright and modern. The "problems" started already when I sent a message via a link on the website - and never got a reply.
I was given a smoking room, even though my preference for non smoking should have been known as a Gold Elite card holder. In fact - I never even ask when I check into an IHG hotel as its always known. I did notice the smell of smoke when going to my room, thinking they probably have a different policy about smoking floors, but at 10PM after travelling around 12 hours I didn't think about it any further - until around 1 AM when I was awakened by the smell of smoke - the person next door in a connecting room was obviously smoking. I called the desk and asked if I was in a smoking room to which I heard yes. I was asked if I wanted to change rooms, but at that point in time that was less appealing than the smoke, so I put a spread on the floor by the connecting door to block as much as possible, turned the airconditioning up and went back to sleep. The next morning, when checking out and asked how was my stay, I mentioned my disappointment of being given a smoking room. Before I knew it the Manager was taking me aside to apoligize and hoping it would not keep me from staying there again, explaining they were just opened and there were still some things that needed to be improved on. He did a good PR job. I would stay there again as the hotel itself is nice and I would assume they will improve their service in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan D
Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you in regards to the smoking room and the difficulties faced by you to contact the hotel via the email link. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation to our guests and your comments are very important to us. Your concerns have been shared with the entire team and we will take all the necessary steps to continuously improve our product and services. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Oppenheimer Pinto, General Manager
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Was nice to staying in this hotel and all my friend's are happy, the staff all friendly and fully helpful and makes our stay success. The rooms looking nice and clean. Good rate and near shopping area and sea.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback.

It is very thoughtful of you to convey your satisfaction for the services rendered by the hotel and the team.

Hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again soon.

Best regards,