“Customer Centricity Hits Oman!!”

Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Muscat
Muscat, Oman
“Customer Centricity Hits Oman!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It has been a long time since I have truly experienced customer centricity in a hotel from the management level to the operational staff, it was so refreshing to have this experience at the Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb. The staff are always ready and eager to support you and this actually comes across effortlessly.

They possess a very "can do attitude" and are always proactive in ensuring you have a memorable stay with them.

I would like to personally salute two of their staff Ms. Fatima Al Hadidi and Mr. Abbas for consistently delivering world class service with a smile and positive attitude.

Thank you! I look forward to hosting many more functions in your delightful hotel.

Khayerunisaa Abbas

Room Tip: Book Early! corner suites are large and more natural light flows in.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Oppenheimer2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Khayerunisaa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor.

It is very thoughtful of you to convey your satisfaction for the services rendered by our staff. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Your comments have been shared with all our staff members (particularly with Fatima and Abbas) and they are all very happy to receive such a heartening feedback. It is messages like these that encourage our staff to do more.

Thank you again, and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back

Oppenheimer Pinto, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
York, England.
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel has only been open a few months. It is very convenient for Muscat airport. However there is a major traffic interchange and junction very close/by which adds constant 24hr traffic noise.
Choose a room on the opposite side of the hotel for a quieter night.
There is a small pool and gym, a nice lounge, pleasant restaurant and the rooms are bright, cheerful and well appointed.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jervaulx
Dear Jervaulx,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to hear that you like our Rooms, Pool, Gym, Lounge and the Restaurant.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 February 2014

After a lot of research, I zeroed on this property as it was a Holiday Inn and you hardly go wrong with these. It was nice and cozy, with nice beds and choice of pillows on the bed. Since It's a new property there are a couple of things they need to tweak and fix on the services side (House Keeping).
Great Hospitable staff and very approachable GM. The GM of the hotel in fact helped us with the location for our lunch and shisha (Hubbly Bubbly).
Overall great satisfaction and wish to give them a 5 star may be on my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Oppenheimer2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve.

It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and being able to provide you with assistance during your stay. Thank you for your kind words, in particular the ones about our staff; it is messages like these that encourage our staff to do more.

Thank you also for your great comments on the quality of our bed and pillows. At Holiday Inn we take pride in offering our guests a good sleep experience and your comments are very much appreciated.

Concerning your comment on the housekeeping services, please rest assured that this will be addressed with our Housekeeping Manager and we will ensure all measures are in place to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights very recently. Firstly most of the taxi drivers do not know where it is! It is new, shiny and clean, rooms are very nice and usual mod-cons are all there. It is the service that is poor and something they need to quickly rectify. From the slow reception staff to the concierge guy who looks lost mostly. The breakfast service was ok but I ordered an omelette which was given to another customer and my order forgotten, when it did arrive had the wrong ingredients! On check-out again service was slow and generally lacked finesse. It can all be easily fixed and I hope they do soon as it has potential to be a great business hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Oppenheimer2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for your review. We are sorry for not being able to provide you with a pleasant stay experience. Your comments in regards to the reception staff and the experience at breakfast have been addressed with our team and we will take all measures to fix these issues at the earliest. Thank you also for your great comments on the quality of rooms and the overall product. The hotel is indeed beautiful and we will do all that it takes us to make it a great business hotel.

I look forward to having you stay with us during your next visit to Muscat.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Nice new hotel. Stayed here for just 1 night but enjoyed stay very much. Arranged airport collection directly with hotel and driver was there to meet me no problems. Hotel is brand new only open a few weeks so was expecting some teething problems but none. Reception bright and welcoming. I had a room on the 1st floor right beside the lift and was a bit worried of noise of coming and going but no need as never heard a thing at all. Room huge and well decorated, very nice, just what you would expect with a brand new hotel. Had room service as was late for going for something to eat and It arrived within 15 minutes. After a business meeting in the morning I had some free time so decided to chill out by the small pool for a few hours before heading to then airport, peaceful is an understatement and that's with some building work going on just across the road. Got a late checkout until 6pm which was brilliant as most hotels only give you maybe 2-3pm if your lucky so another star here. Checkout a breeze and car to the airport right on time. Overall excellent stay and would recommend. Unsure if good for shopping as never ventured for that but for being reasonably close to airport and business area, it's ideal. Highly recommendable.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Oppenheimer2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

ypsilanti
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Only three weeks old, this property is brand new. While eager to please, the staff seems to face a rather steep learning curve. Once they settle in, things should improve. The hotel is convenient to airport and new business area but at present not within walking distance to much of anything. The difficult entry for cars from the Main Street means walking down to hail taxis, or get the front desk to order you one. The rooms are spotless. The small pool,pleasant but lounge chairs seem oddly old and spotted for new property.
Restaurant shows promise but needs to work out supply problems.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing pool, there are some side rooms facing attached building that are dark and rathe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YpsilantiFoodie
krollik, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. At Holiday Inn we take utmost care in ensuring our guests have a pleasant stay with us. Your feedback on the sun loungers has been noted and we will try our best to have these replaced at the earliest. Please also contact us at holidayinnmuscatalseeb@ihg.com so we can obtain additional details regarding your experience at the restaurant. Again, we regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a brand new hotel which was open one week when I stayed there. I guess they still have some things to work out. The hotel itself is indeed new and the interior looks very new, bright and modern. The "problems" started already when I sent a message via a link on the website - and never got a reply.
I was given a smoking room, even though my preference for non smoking should have been known as a Gold Elite card holder. In fact - I never even ask when I check into an IHG hotel as its always known. I did notice the smell of smoke when going to my room, thinking they probably have a different policy about smoking floors, but at 10PM after travelling around 12 hours I didn't think about it any further - until around 1 AM when I was awakened by the smell of smoke - the person next door in a connecting room was obviously smoking. I called the desk and asked if I was in a smoking room to which I heard yes. I was asked if I wanted to change rooms, but at that point in time that was less appealing than the smoke, so I put a spread on the floor by the connecting door to block as much as possible, turned the airconditioning up and went back to sleep. The next morning, when checking out and asked how was my stay, I mentioned my disappointment of being given a smoking room. Before I knew it the Manager was taking me aside to apoligize and hoping it would not keep me from staying there again, explaining they were just opened and there were still some things that needed to be improved on. He did a good PR job. I would stay there again as the hotel itself is nice and I would assume they will improve their service in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan D
Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you in regards to the smoking room and the difficulties faced by you to contact the hotel via the email link. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation to our guests and your comments are very important to us. Your concerns have been shared with the entire team and we will take all the necessary steps to continuously improve our product and services. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.