“nowhere to go....”

Ranked #28 of 55 Hotels in Muscat
Jakarta, Indonesia
“nowhere to go....”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

this hotel is like in the middle of dessert, you cant reach it without a car.
i arrived here at about two am in the morning, i've request for hotel pick up but not showing. went there by taxi and the reception looks angry to me since they say that their driver already wait for me for one hour. hey, its not my fault, its airlines fault.
but they give me free night for that night since i arrived early in the morning.
room is ok and mine got a swiiming pool viev, service also ok, and breakfast also good too. for internet, you got only one hourer day, carzy. the only problem is you cannot go anywhere whithout caf. there is a small convinience store with some coffe shop 10 minutes walk from hotel and thats helping alot.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 March 2013

First of all, I would like to make it clear that High Speed Internet is NOT FREE NOR CHEAP in this hotel. I came here on business on March 4th, for only one night. WHat I came to is a room that STINKS of smoke and humidity, a telephone that doesn't work, and an internet which you have to pay for to connect. Not only that, but you have to go to the "Business Centre" to buy your internet access code each time.

When I complained to the staff the only thing they told me was "This is not us, it is management". I am so disappointed in this hotel, I would not recommend to anyone staying here. Oh and by the way, my room is tiny, with two single beds (I am a bot overweight and these beds are puny) and the rate is 60 OR (150 USD a night) That my friends is not cheap. HILTON HOTEL in Sharjah charges 450 AED a night, which is just over $ 120 USD. This hotel claims to have 4 stars, I would say 3 is too many, 2 -1/2 is about right.

One final comment, the TV is attached to the wall, way up on the wall. So if you sit at the computer desk to work and you look up, the picture is not clear at all. you don't see colours, but shades and images moving around on the tv screen. Really stupid place to place it.

I for one will not come back here, and I recoomend you spend a little more and get a decent place to rest after work!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Muscat hotels

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Life is full of surprises. Sometimes things go happy happy. Sometimes, sad things happen. And sometimes... Weird things happen. In my life, weird things happen most of the time. This is one of such incidents.
Back in July 2010, during my summer vacation, my dad planned a two month trip to India, as usual. Even though there were some speculations regarding Air India flight, my dad booked three tickets for our family. Unlike the previous years, our main objective was to meet my sister who was doing her higher studies in Kerala. Our plan was to reach India on the 11th of July. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned. We took off from Abu Dhabi, but due to some flight defaults, we had to land somewhere nearby. We landed in Muscat!
Though at first we were asked to stay in the airport, when the people started doing a minor riot, the officials in the airport were willing to let us stay in Majan Continental Hotel until the flight was repaired. Even though the whole 'stay in Muscat' situation was a bit freaky, I ended up having a nice time in the hotel. It was a magnificent experience! The service of the staff, the food and accommodation were great. Rooms were splendid, and the beds were cozy.
We visited the hotel by accident, but we had a great time. To get a better experience, the best time of the year to visit Oman and to stay in the hotel is between October and April, when the weather is pleasantly warm in the day and cool in the evening.
On the evening of the 13th July, we left the hotel and continued our trip to India. Although I'm not fond of the date 13, as I feel it's an unlucky number, it always brings me and my family luck. And ‘luck’ favored us again. Without any other problems, we landed safely in Cochin the next day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joel_Jv
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We have arrived to Muscat airport at 5 am and decided to stay in this hotel just for a short sleep before check-out. Besides free transfer from airport (takes approximately 10-15 minutes) hotel has 24-hour desk thus giving you ability to check-in at any time and gives you a great option to have such short sleep for reasonable money.

For those who travel to Muscat for the first time it is a good hotel choice closer to airport if you arrive early in the morning. Besides this one is really close to Grand Mosque, which you could visit the next day morning if you wish.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

Needed a car for this one but v well priced and large rooms. Good size pool and huge car park. Not a fan of the breakfast but staff very helpful. Business centre does free wifi for 1 hour per room per day.

• Stayed December 2012
muscat
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I land at night, leave in the morning. Limited budget. This hotel has a published tariff of 60 Omani Rial for a single room, (one omani Rial is equal to 2.58 US Dollars).
If you book your room, in advance, the hotel will charge you just Rials 35. That includes, breakfast, two transfer, and that is the crowning glory.
When you hire a taxi, it might cost you 5 Rials one way. Well i used to get there, and very next day to get back to airport.
You need to phone and fix transfer from Muscat Seeb airport to the hotel, ( 15 minutes to hotel) and need to know their number.
I shall mention the phone number here. ++ 968 99881258
968 is the country code for Oman
If you are well booked, then, the hotel driver will come there with a caller board and visitors name on it.
Ideally the hotel staff will say, wait before the "Nawras" counter. the Nawras thing is the name of a phone company, that provides gsm ( mobile) phone here.
While waiting, you can buy a mobile sim here, all you need to do is to show your passport, and pay around 3 omani Rials, for local calls.
I was given a password to use the wifi internet, but the signals were not strong in my room.
I found others bringing their laptops to the lobby and doing the internet browsing.
The internet is free for one hour, after that you need to pay a rial or so for an hour.

If you have the time and inclination you may visit the gym or the swimming pool. These are free.

The restaurant is near the front office (lobby) and break fast includes eggs cooked to order, bread butter jam, muffins, fruits, including cut fruits, whole bananas, milk, juices, cereals, foul madams (egyptian bean curry) some indian snacks as well.
News papers are not brought into the rooms, you can collect one from the lobby and take to your room if you wish.
In the room, there is cable TV, has Arabic, English, Malayalam, Hindi channels to watch.
Rooms are clean, no cofee kettles though, that is a disadvantage.
There is a fridge, two small bottles of drinking water is kept, that is free.
There is room service, laundry, the usual stuff. Have not tried it.
The front office is generally freindly, so all is well, mostly

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
portsmouth
Reviewed 1 August 2012

THE hotel has most the facilities you expect at a reasonable price, staff, pleasant , freindly, decent buffet meals and a good menu selection, nice pool, gym , reasonably priced internet.
if you need something just ask, pity they did not have a courtesy bus instead of using taxis.

Room Tip: a various amount of rooms but over looking the swimming pool is the best room 110, local shops to to...