“Beach Pavilion Restaurant - Nothing short of luxury dining”

Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-Carlton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Muscat
Dallas, Texas
“Beach Pavilion Restaurant - Nothing short of luxury dining”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have been here twice with my husband and let me tell you, this restaurant lacks absolutely nothing short of luxury dining with the best wild sea-view in muscat and the food is simply amazing ( I have been here for lunch both the times). It is indeed expensive, but come on! Ritz-Carlton, what less can you expect! I haven't stayed at the hotel but I'm sure it's worth every penny.

I can so vividly remember each dish that I had devoured at this fine place. The wine is also amazing. It's mine and my husband's favorite spot to enjoy a fine dine experience. I would so recommend it to couples who would love a getaway lunch to enjoy God's best natural beauty and sip your wine and have the blissful tingling of the food in your palate!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

What a beautiful hotel! Our experience as a family staying at the Al Bustan was simply wonderful. The hotel itself and the rooms are stunning, it has a beautiful outlook to the Gulf plus an amazing pool with great service. If I were to have only one negative comment this hotel didn't seem to attract 'family' clientele, at the time we were there, there appeared to be many older couples, we seemed to be be out of the norm to degree. The Al Bustan is a stunning hotel don't get me wrong, it's very beautiful and the hotel staff were amazing, if you were perhaps thinking of going to this hotel expecting your 'nippers' were to integrate with other kids, I'd suggest that this may not happen. On the the other side the child events and services were great, our guys had a blast painting and having fun with the Al Bustan creche staff. The Al Bustan is a magical place, certainly the place to stay in Muscat!

Room Tip: We had an ocean view which would be the way to go, facing away from the sea would be a little bland...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I chose the Al Bustan to propose to my long-time girlfriend (who grew up in Oman). Best decision I've made in a long time! Every element of our trip was perfect & 5-star--food consistently amazing (beachside seafood restaurant a must), service unmatched, room incredible (we had direct lagoon pool access), weather flawless...I could go on and on. An experience we will never forget.

As a first time visitor to the Middle-East in general I felt like we were staying in a Middle Eastern palace...you get this sense once you step into the lobby--the pictures on the website do not do it justice. It felt old school luxurious and authentically Omani. I very much doubt there is a hotel like it anywhere else in the world.

Looking forward to going back there with the new spa facility being built. Don't think I could contemplate staying anywhere else in Oman.

Room Tip: Get a lagoon room, if you like hanging out in the pool...nothing better than rolling straight out of...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
East Midlands
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived early after an overnight flight and were able to have access to our room at 9.30am which was much appreciated. We had a mountain facing room which was very spacious and comfortable, lots of storage, nice toiletries, free soft drinks/tea and coffee. Although a bit on the expensive side evening meals were of a good quality, room service was a cheap alternative for a night. Breakfast had everything for everybody and again was good quality. The service we received was good at all times.
The pool staff were friendly and helpful and there was plenty of space in the grounds to find a quiet spot.
All in all a good quality hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seasonedtravellers7
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Honestly , i did not stay there, but we had a meeting there with lunch buffet . The hotel was big, quite, and looks fancy. The entrance has a very nice view with trees and you will see rocks mountains. The lobby was big as well as the restaurant which is looking at the pool which is looking at the beach. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms in public areas were clean. There was wifi and praying room.
I am looking forward to stay there with my family for couple of nights to enjoy and relax.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tamimalmeaan
new york
Reviewed 5 November 2013

First the niggles....we were traveling in Oman and were told we should book a table at the restauarnt on the beach for dinner and ask for a table on the beach.....despite twice e mailing the people who had made our original reservation we never heard back and when we got here all the tables were booked. So I think the reservation manager should ensure all e mails are addresssed before the staff leave at the end of the day. Disappointing. And lying near the pool the first day we had 4 young kids in the pool screaming and shouting, surely there should be a pool for young and noisy children?

Check in was great, we had a german lady Simone(?) who could not have been more gracious, and others on reception were also most helpful. Gorgeous room on 6th floor overlooking the water...breakfast great...great manager, Pedrovic(?) and on the beach restaurant at night excellent manager. Ritz Carlton obviously train their people to be very re active to their guests' needs. The concierge was non existent so we used the staff at reception for our needs and they were great. RC should get a proper concierge. Staff on the beach and around pool were great
We had a great stay and would highly recommend a visit...not cheap but definitely worth it.

Room Tip: we had sixth floor overlooking the sea which was great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank begley85
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I have just come back from 7 nights at this hotel and would struggle to find a bad word to say about it. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was faultless. We had booked half board and were booked into a sea facing room at the very end of one of the wings. A previous reviewer complained about the long walk!! It took all of five minutes for my wife and I to get from our room to almost anywhere in the hotel or on the beach and we are both in our 60s!
The food was glorious; breakfasts were a treat to enjoy each day with fresh fruits including whole coconuts if you so desired. Dinner could be taken in one of three restaurants. We loved the Beach Restaurant (fresh lobster to die for) and the buffet restaurant. We also tried the Chinese restaurant and, unlike a previous reviewer, had no trouble either understanding the menu or the waiters/waitresses.
The beach is quite stunning with ample quantities of loungers and thick towels. The beach staff could not do enough to assist. The reviewer who complained about the long walk also complained about waiting 5 minutes for sun loungers to be made available. I can only assume their watch was running very fast! But if they booked their holiday through an estate agent (go and read the review 11 June 2012), what do they expect?
Finally, a lot of comment has been mad about the cost of the wi-fi. The hotel offers two types of wi-fi. Superfast which you can pay for or standard which is free. My wife and I used the free wi-fi in all locations including right on the beach. The service was fine everywhere we used it with no drop off of signal and more than acceptable speed. Don't bother with the paid version unless you want to download or stream movies!
All in all a fabulous hotel in a wonderful setting with excellent service and mouth watering food.

Room Tip: If you can, book a sea view room. Alternatively, try and get an upgrade to one when you arrive.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple