Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-Carlton Hotel
US$303
US$253
US$140
US$98
Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa(Barr Al Jissah)
US$640
US$538
2,159 results
All reviewsbeach pavilionchinese restaurantchina moodlagoon roomsix sensespresidential suiteinfinity poolmountain viewmain poolbeautiful hotelpalm treesdirect accesstennis courtsmain restaurantcool boxseafoodnespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing luxurious hotel all facilities are super
Breakfast buffet is above 5 stars
Pool is excellent with good restaurant and tasty food
Beach is good.
Staff are friendly
Check in was a bit late but got upgraded to a sea view room
Concierge staff are not really knowledgable but google will do the job
I would highly recommend this hotel for all

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have travelled to many wonderful resorts and hotels around the world and I have to say that the Al Bustan Palace Hotel in Oman is my clear favorite.

For starters the staff are magnificent and so gracious. This hotel could have easily entered the snooty world of 5 star hotels. The staff choose instead to welcome each individual guest as if they were a member of their own family. I have never experienced such gracious hospitality from a hotel. I felt like I lived there and not like I was just a visitor. I am not a wealthy person by any means (I work in education....need I say more :) but even still I felt that I belonged at the hotel as the staff worked hard (while making it seem effortless) to connect with guests.

The hotel itself is spectacular. The lobby is a place where one could sit all day breathing in the wonderful incense and chatting with staff and watching people come and go. I highly recommend having tea in the lobby. The Darjeeling is delicious.

The pool area overlooking the beach and ocean is straight out of Conde Nast. I spent a very happy morning forgetting all my stresses and work cares in this pool. I loved walking around the grounds - even in the heat.

The Al Majan bar is where I would have a drink each night with my friend. Capla, the bartender, made me an American Dirty Martini to die for. I live and work in the UAE (a place that I call home) but I have not yet been able to find a hotel or bar that can make a dirty martini. Capla managed to make a perfect one for me and a brandy alexander for my friend. The manager of the bar was also very attentive and he checked on us in the lobby and in the bar frequently.

The beach restaurant is lovely too. However, we had some issues with a couple of dishes. My friend asked for his lamb well done and naturally it came out too dry. He sent it back and they took if off the bill. And then the Irish manager apologized (but it wasn't really the chef's fault) and this was not necessary. We each had the Korean Galbijim instead. It was to die for! But the next night it was all bone and fat and it was not good. I let them know it was better the night before. We still ate it as we were very hungry. And incredibly they took if off the bill. They care most for how the guests feel.

The breakfast buffet is wonderful! And the atmosphere with Arabic and European families and couples is so lovely each morning. I felt like I was in some lovely club. The restaurant overlooks the pool and the beach. So you get to have breakfast overlooking paradise. The staff is just a little too eager to clear plates. They simply want to be on top of things so they come by often and sometimes they take plates that are not ready to be clear. Once one sweet lady reached across my friends plate to take another plate and her sleeve dragged across his food. He was not happy and she did not understand. But it was a small thing and I recognize they just want to make sure even your breakfast is so perfect.

The room! I traveled many years ago to Oman for work and I was lucky enough to have tea in the lobby ( I stayed at the Intercontinental during that trip). I very much wanted to return to actually stay at the Al Bustan. And as luck (and the kindness of Ahmed at reception) would have it, we were upgraded to a suite on the 7th floor. The room was spectacular! The living room was so opulent. I could not believe it. Two closets, a wonderful bathroom, and there was a verandah overlooking the mountains. I don't know if I deserved such a room but I will certainly never forget it.

When we were leaving and getting into the jeep, one of the managers (Omani gentleman with black glasses...who was such a dear to us) came running out to say good-bye and he actually gave me a hug - American style. I was so impressed with this gesture. I miss people hugging hello and good-bye as we do in the US. This meant that the hotel had probably told the staff that Americans are huggers and its okay for a man to hug a woman and it not be weird. He was able to connect with me in my cultural way and I so appreciated it.

A big giant thank you to the Omani staff and other staff at the Al Bustan!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank girlwithdog
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Driving through the gate entrance of the Hotel is absolutely breath taking! The trees were stunning and upon arrival we were escorted perfectly and we're offered refreshments and dates to refreshen us. The room given to us has a pool view, everyone were so friendly and warm. I never had a dull moment, they were always helpful. It was a very long drive from Abu Dhabi to Muscat but I can say Yes I shall definitely come back to Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-
Carlton Hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room which is in the new phase front side of the pool area and or beach front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Truly the most luxurious hotel in Oman with a beautiful pool leading on to a private beach where I spent most of my day. The food was good everywhere but I think the buffet restaurant was the best choice each day. The lobby and the hotel are spectacular in the sunshine, sunsets and by night.

We had a snake in our 3rd floor room on the first day, which had somehow made it in via an air-conditioning vent. I managed to trap it for the 30 minutes till reception sent someone to take it away. After shouting at both Managers who rightly understood my distress I was upgraded to a suite. The reason that this hotel still received 5 stars despite this incident is how well they dealt with me and my family throughout our 10 day stay afterwards.

I have to say that I was more than impressed by my stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: In June there are more insects and snakes about but if wasps outside don't bother you too much it is still worth the stay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LiverpoolSt
AlBustanPalace, General Manager at Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear LiverpoolSt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent travel experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you were impressed with your stay in terms of facilities, location features, as well as the food at our restaurants. Furthermore, I do appreciate you sharing your honest review.

I was thrilled to learn that our Ladies and Gentlemen ensured your stay exceeded your expectations, despite the unfortunate fact a snake was found in your room. Please accept my sincere apologies, specifically for the delay with the assistance that was sent to your room. I would like you to know that such an incident is not a regular occurrence. Regardless, our Director of Engineering has already taken preventative measures with our AC ductwork to ensure such an incident is not repeated.

Once again thank you for your valuable time taken to post your review. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Should you wish, I invite you to contact me at your convenience in order to further discuss your comment.

Kind regards,
Bernard N. Viola
Bernard.Viola@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lovely interior and exterior. The pol and grounds are impressive, nice private beach , ocean view a must. Breakfast buffet fantastic, lots of selection. Removed from other areas so you have to Cab to go somewhere but it's so nice you may not find the need. Issues: cant figure out the air conditioner.bathroom dated with shower tub combo. Just came from the peninsula so a bit spoiled. Room small thought marriot member would be treated better especially as it is off season and Not many guests. Staff pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family