“Good value”

Le Moulin de Fourges
Reserve with
Le Moulin de Fourges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Fourges
Price range: US$32 - US$44
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 18th century watermill the Moulin offers a unique architecture in an fantastic setting. Inside of the the mill, 5 little rooms are dedicated to individuals guests. In the garden, a large barn host your parties and celebrations. As soon as sun shines, take a seat on our incredible heated terrasse shaded by 2 large parasols. Valentin is the chef for over 8 years and proposes his passion cooking made from tasty dishes as good as they look good!!!
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I ate here on the terrace overlooking the waterfall. We chose from the 4 course menu and they also brought us an amuse bouche. Whilst I enjoyed my meal very much and thought it was good value for money spent, I thought the general area could be spruced up a bit and the viewing window cleaned. There was also a neighbourhood cat who sat at our feet and quietly begged for some food. It made me feel a bit guilty whether to feed it some of our meal or not. I'd rather it had not been there in the first place. Overall I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Took a little while to find this gem. It's a little out of the town but worth finding. We ate outside with a great view over the watermill and river. Had the four course menu of starter, fish, main and dessert. Had the Cod Brandade to start which was lovely and light. Fish course was pan fried Gurbell steak. I had never tried this fish before but it was excellent, very tasty and firm fleshed. For main I had the fillet steak which was good but I would have liked more of a choice in the way it was cooked. I was only offered medium or well done. I prefer my steak medium-rare but it was good done medium. Had the Chocolate and Cherry entremet for pudding which was an lovely end to the meal. Overall Excellent.

Jerome C, Propriétaire at Le Moulin de Fourges, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear sir,

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a large group lunch in a marquee here and despite that fact that the restaurant was clearly busy throughout, the food, wine and service were excellent. I would like to go back and try the restaurant. The starter with lentils and smoked haddock was particularly good.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't know that I can really add much more to the wonderful reviews of Le Moulin de Fourges that are already posted. As everyone has said, the setting is idyllic with it's lazy river and old wooden mill. The terrace and gardens are a delight. The restaurant has successfully blended old country charm with modern convenience and art.

The services was impeccable. The food was very different to what you'd expect in a place that accommodates so many tourists.

The menu changes every 2 weeks and is a bit limited so check their website to make sure you'll find something there that suits you. I had the lobster and basil croustillant with vegetables (basically a lobster croquette) that was absolutely superb! I'm posting photos of it because it was almost too good to describe. The dish was only 22€ - would have been double that in Paris!

I can't wait to go back - we live 45 away and I have a feeling we'll be regular visitors.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your encouraging comments.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were staying in nearby Giverny and this place was recommended to us by the proprietor of our chambres d'hote. We were rewarded by a quite outstanding meal in a delightful restaurant (a former watermill) served by charming and very professional waiters. I cannot praise this place too highly. The menu is quite limited but this is no criticism as what is served is of exceptional quality. This place is run by staff who really know how to look after their customers. Thank you.

1  Thank peterwarne3

Dear Client,

Thank you for your comments. we'll be glad to host you again if you come back in the area of Giverny.

Jérôme Crépatte